Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination

Old 15-12-2010, 07:32 PM
Master
Chalk and Cheese, I-Ching. Probably will not surprise you to know my first career [35 years] was Industrial Chemist I didn't do "speculations.
Lots of "speculations" in my second career teaching under-grads.
Old 02-02-2011, 04:34 PM
Uhmar

Norseman)))) do you do I=Ching readings or do you simply use I-Ching wisdom for your personal path and guidance?

It is one of the few things divination wise I have not looked into or tried.lol
They say we only use a miniscule portions of our brains..but mine feels like it can't hold another concept even with reference pages.

I do get a computor generated I-Ching daily message in my email box. I admit I read it sometimes and some days I don't.
Old 03-02-2011, 04:17 PM
windwhistle

The I-Ching is very true for me...however I have problems with the interpretations always being centering on the Male. I have "A Women's I-Ching," but it's even weirder. Is there a simple, westernized version of the meanings that is equal to both sexes?
Old 06-03-2011, 03:58 AM
I-Ching

Hi Windwhistle,

I recommend the translation by Brian Browne Walker. Simple, straightforward and spiritual. Not psycho-babble.
Old 06-03-2011, 12:25 PM
SerquetAsa

I have tried for years to understand the I-Ching, and cannot seem to wrap my mind around it.
I am not good with numbers, on a grand scale, perhaps that is why, but it does irk me that I cannot understand it's true purpose for that reason.

I think you've accomplished a lot being able to place such faith in the Sage, sounds like something you can rely on as well :)
I'm happy for you that you can use this method wisely.
Old 08-03-2011, 05:48 PM
I-Ching

Hi SerquetAsa,

I think the translation that you use makes a huge difference. The more popular translations are by psychologists who have no spiritual training and little faith. Anyone can attain Enlightenment and happiness if you can find a True Teacher. The Supreme Person wants all of us to attain this and therefore he has given us the I-Ching so that we can have access to Divine Guidance at any time. All we need is a sincere to desire to know and experience the Truth.

I am busy divining my own translation but that won't be ready for at least a year. Although I'm working on it 3 hours a day it is quite a slow process.

Divine Blessings,
Radha.
Old 08-03-2011, 05:59 PM
I-Ching

Hi SerquetAsa,

I think the translation that you use makes a huge difference. The more popular translations are by psychologists who have no spiritual training and little faith. Anyone can attain Enlightenment and happiness if you can find a True Teacher. The Supreme Person wants all of us to attain this and therefore he has given us the I-Ching so that we can have access to Divine Guidance at any time. All we need is a sincere to desire to know and experience the Truth.

I am busy divining my own translation but that won't be ready for at least a year. Although I'm working on it 3 hours a day it is quite a slow process.

Divine Blessings,
Radha.
Old 08-03-2011, 06:08 PM
I-Ching

Hi SerquetAsa,

Divine Blessings,
Radha.
Old 12-03-2011, 07:23 AM
numerouno

A friend of mine once asked the i-ching, " when will I get a permanent job."

He asked this question about six times in a row, when it finally answered his question with this reply "I associate myself with a fool who continues to ask me the same question over and over again."

Since then I have three books on i-ching but none of the translations are good as that one. The author of the book wrote about an incident when his architect friend, whom he met after some years, commented that the i-ching was a parlour trick. Anyway the architect was asked to throw the coins and see how much of a trick it was. The i-ching commented that his wife was in hospital picking on the thigh and face. The architects wife was having a skin graft, skin taken from her thigh to her face.
Old 14-03-2011, 04:46 AM
I-Ching

Hi Numerouno,

If only more people would develop faith in the I-Ching. I think it can offer unlimited benefit to human society.