Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2006, 12:44 PM
Master
Ah glory, you remind me of my darling wife, once again I have been quelled,
and feel the better for it,

When last we spoke you mentioned avatars, are you able to go further into detail or, if not thats fine.

yours yearningly peteyzen
Old 03-06-2006, 02:10 AM
Glorymist

peteyzen - -

Check PM's.
Old 11-06-2006, 03:54 AM
packwidget

peteyzen,

All that you seek is within. Your connection to All-That-Is exists within you as a flame. You are a segment of the universe set out to discover itself. You are blessed. Another cannot give you what you need to rediscover for yourself. As a seagull once said, "You begin by knowing you have already arrived."
Old 11-06-2006, 01:27 PM
Mart

Hey packwidget,

within what? I don't understand, CAN YOU EXPLAIN AGAIN MORE CLEARLY - i shouted cos i don't know, or maybe i do and i just feel like shouting?

Cheers dude.
Old 12-06-2006, 11:01 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by packwidget
peteyzen,

All that you seek is within. Your connection to All-That-Is exists within you as a flame. You are a segment of the universe set out to discover itself. You are blessed. Another cannot give you what you need to rediscover for yourself. As a seagull once said, "You begin by knowing you have already arrived."

This is true packwidget, but i am not an island,my development is not solely down to me, although some might say differently. Other segments of this universe who are at a higher level can help me/us.and there are beings around now who have immense power to aid others progress. I have not yet arrived tho you see, My spirit is eclipsed by ego and that needs to be dealt with. And yes I agree with your seagull, good old jonathon, you do begin by knowing that you have arrived, but that is the starting point from there much work has to take place.

love and huigs

Last edited by peteyzen : 12-06-2006 at 11:55 AM.
Old 22-07-2006, 07:45 PM
Glorymist

Okay - - time to stir the pot here ! ! People have run for cover way too long ! ! HeH

packwidget - - I agree with Mart / dreamer. What do you mean by - - "the answer lies within" ?? You know how often that statement is tossed out into the conversations ?? Like - - it's supposed to be some kind of "answer" or something. But - - is it ?? What does that statement mean ??

In other words - - exactly what facet of Self are you considering to be "within" ?? That ties into your statement that the seagull claimed to be true - - "You begin by knowing you have already arrived."

So - - "who" and "what" is "you" in that statement. It could be taken as the emotions - - if one wishes to focus on an emotional side to it all. The mind - - not necessarily the ego - - would quickly and delightfully wish to say to the owning individual - - "psst. I am the "you" in this statemtnt." The mind would love to convince each and every individual on this planet - - "Hey - - why look any farther ?? You have already arrived, and "you" is that "energy" that is observing these thoughts." Or - - something like that. Mind will twist it all around and convince the individual that "you have already arrived" - - so - - just continue on ! !

That philosophy is rampant ! !

There are a number of members on this and other forums that base their existence on this belief. I have already arrived" - - or - - "I already am which I seek" - - or - - some similar belief.

If this is something that they are just beginning to accept as true - - then they are in a marvelous position to take charge of it - - revise it a bit - - and make it work for them in a most beneficial way ! !

But the longer it is carried in the above context - - that "I am already that which I am" and I simply have to observe the thoughts (ego) and this then puts me beyond form / duality / etc. - - then - - these people are in for a wolrd of grief later on ! !

People simply have NO idea just how sneaky / cunning / tricky the mind is. The mind is fully capable of directing the individual to believe all of this. And a lot of it revolves around the concept that - - if the individual simply has to observe the thinker and then "step beyond" the thinker and this puts him / her beyond mind - - then this gives the false notion that this is actually so without having to go thru the effort to actually make it happen from the core of Self Itself.

That's why - - people who have actually done this - - can look back and see that the people who are trying to do it "this" way are just kidding themselves.

Which - - admittedly - - can be fun. For a while.
Old 22-07-2006, 07:46 PM
Glorymist

(Ahhh - - It felt good to throw out a bunch of "stuff" to see what people do with it.)

hee hee hee
Closed Thread