Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 26-07-2012, 03:40 AM
Henri77

Superman & life agreements

I was just rewatching Superman 2 and again thought about
Christopher Reeve's (1952-2004) very unusual life journey.

As a man who reportedly was
an atheist starring in 4 Superman movies, he ended up quadraplegic requiring breathing apparatus, the last 10 yrs of his life after being thrown from a horse during an equestrian competition.
He briefly tried Scientology in mid career, and joined the Unitarian Church after his accident.

These 2 very public roles are so bizarrely different it makes one wonder
if this was appointed-planned as an agreement prior to incarnation, (to serve as a role model of some sort) or simply a very strange road he was assigned by fate-karma.

(He did experience a brief-partial NDE due to a severe drug reaction.)

I expect we can think of others who played 2 very different roles in life through "fate" whatever,

Like Dannon Brinkley, the 250 lb "tough guy-bully" , later a Marine & govt assassin, was struck by lightning and now teaches about the afterlife , after his 3 NDE experiences, and does extensive hospice volunteering.

Anyway, the story of Christopher Reeve is so seemingly bizarre , I've often wondered about this.
Though never seen it discussed.
We certainly can theorize, but who can say with certainty, unless they ask him.

I didn't know... the he still occasionally acted and did direct a movie, from his wheelchair...that alone is pretty astonishing.
Old 26-07-2012, 05:59 PM
Henri77

For those who don't know...
The fall landed him on his head, shattering 2 upper vertibra, and surgery was required to effectively reattach his skull to his spine.

The courage to face this, and life as a quadraplegic, exceeded anything conceivably required of Superman, IMO.

He was a multi athlete, in a good 6 sports, as well as a Julliard graduate,
Of 200 entrants, only he & Robin Williams were accepted into their acting program.
Old 26-07-2012, 07:10 PM
Trieah

That is an interesting thing to ponder over. I do believe that even when we plan out our lives, that not ever second of it is so completely planned out, that our subconscious or even soul, actually knows how things are going to happen. It just knows that somewhere along the line, it will happen. So the journey can be either a smooth transition, something completely unexpected, or a traumatic event. I suppose that kind of depends on just how far off the chosen path one has strayed, in order to get back on track. Or on how much adventure the soul is willing to undertake.

I would imagine that the possibilities and variables would all be to innumerable to even attempt to calculate. But still, it is kind of fun, and mind boggling, to ponder over all the infinite possibilities
Old 26-07-2012, 07:41 PM
Ascender

Good questions and things to ponder about. I remember my mom pointing it out about Christopher Reeves that he ”played God” with his all powerful role as super man and then he got all taken away from him so my mom tells me this teaches you that you should never play God yourself because look what will happen.

Dannon Brinkley, what's his book called, Saved By The Light? I've read it twice. Really good info in it. His story is amazing.
Old 27-07-2012, 04:28 AM
Henri77

Quote:
Originally Posted by alamode
Good questions and things to ponder about. I remember my mom pointing it out about Christopher Reeves that he ”played God” with his all powerful role as super man and then he got all taken away from him so my mom tells me this teaches you that you should never play God yourself because look what will happen.

Dannon Brinkley, what's his book called, Saved By The Light? I've read it twice. Really good info in it. His story is amazing.

It's unfortunate some may read it this way, as these roles were actually fairly inspiring to most people.
His accident recovery was an immense, almost unthinkable challenge for a highly accomplished athlete.

A recent thread discussed the idea of souls planning their major life learning experiences before incarnating on earth, and this was how I looked at it.