Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 05-02-2017, 10:40 PM
Master
Cool recurring dream where I experience being God

I'll begin by saying it's a feeling when I wake up like "oh damn, I have to go back to being C**** L***". When I wake up I distinctly recognize I dreamed of being God and I couldn't care less. It's not anything out of the ordinary like I would have expected. it's just a "oh, yeah, I forgot I was that" then I go about my day to day experience the next day. I never wake up and think "___ must happen because I'm GOD, im THE god" lol. I usually wake up and Im like "damn it, that stupid dream again. let me live my egoic existence in peace and ignorance!"

Imagine you can see an expanse of white light. In this room there is a person hunched over a desk, arranging things if they were hard at work.

that's what it feels like when I experience being God in a dream. Sometimes I also experience being in the mind of God, being God from a first person point of view instead of third.

it's not euphoric or blissful or ecstatic. it's just like imagining I was a CEO or something, like a chess player. I'm just moving stuff around like "this goes here... and this goes here... and this goes here".

When I begin to wake up my consciousness begins to fall from that place of formless light and darkness (formless except for me), I begin to remember all of the things specific to this existence (I go from a higher state of consciousness into my egoic consciousness). as i fully return to egoic consciousness is when I wake up.

For a few seconds after waking (on the mornings I dream of being God) I'm just like "eughhh. *deep breath*. time to get to work".

---

It would be accurate to say I dream of thinking I'm God. I can't do anything special that only God could do upon waking up. Nothing has shown me that I'm different from everyone else. I can't do anything other people can't do.

The feeling of being God is just a feeling of knowing why everything is, why everything happens, and how the universe works. it doesn't include a feeling of duty or responsibility, like I have to do something because I'm God.
Old 06-02-2017, 12:36 AM
Yaoughta

I have had similar dreams and experiences and believe it or not, they're actually quite common. To each dreamer, they might mean something different depending on their individual beliefs, but for most, they're a glimpse of oneness and the unity of ALL. Thanks for sharing!
Old 06-02-2017, 12:43 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaoughta
I have had similar dreams and experiences and believe it or not, they're actually quite common. To each dreamer, they might mean something different depending on their individual beliefs, but for most, they're a glimpse of oneness and the unity of ALL. Thanks for sharing!

Oh I can believe it

What do you think the dreams mean for you?
Old 06-02-2017, 03:41 AM
Yaoughta

I agree with you in that receiving them is wonderful until you wake up and find your still in a body. But to me, they're a reminder that there is much more, more to life, more to know, etc. Waking from such dream reminds me of the Zen saying, "Before enlightenment, I chop wood and carry water. After enlightenment, I chop wood and carry water".
Old 06-02-2017, 03:59 AM
Master
I also think the dream brings more questions than it answers. Too many for this tired philosopher to think about tonight
Old 06-02-2017, 04:09 AM
Super Moderator
My personal opinion, though not verifiable mind you, but my opinion is that each of us is a God in our own right, the architect of our lives. One morning after a particularly difficult day I woke up saying, we can't leave until the show is over. This suggests to me that our life is basically a prescripted story we are living out. It is possible there are different plot lines that veer off depending on our responses, choices, and growth but in general our life is plotted out and the lesson is in learning how to deal with what we have prechosen to throw at us. This, in a way, accounts for dreams that appear to be premonitions. How else can we know what will occur in the future if it wasn't already planned out. So basically it isn't so much about the events of our life that we have control over but how we chose to respond to those events that is the point of life. The dreams could be showing you the behind the scenes you go through to orchestrate your life possibly suggesting that the story is written on the fly in some ways in response to not just ours but the people in our lives choices, but still written ahead of our actual human experience. I know I had a dream about a major life challenge years before it happened but it was definitely a forewarning so to speak. As well I had a premonition dream about a neighbor that was 6 months prior to the event so maybe some major events are set before we are born while the other less life altering events are more on the fly but still feels like you were touching on your soul in it's behind the scenes work to make your life happen. You may be at a place to begin to see your true essence as opposed to just relating to your human psyche.
Old 06-02-2017, 04:18 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle11
My personal opinion, though not verifiable mind you, but my opinion is that each of us is a God in our own right, the architect of our lives. One morning after a particularly difficult day I woke up saying, we can't leave until the show is over. This suggests to me that our life is basically a prescripted story we are living out. It is possible there are different plot lines that veer off depending on our responses, choices, and growth but in general our life is plotted out and the lesson is in learning how to deal with what we have prechosen to throw at us. This, in a way, accounts for dreams that appear to be premonitions. How else can we know what will occur in the future if it wasn't already planned out. So basically it isn't so much about the events of our life that we have control over but how we chose to respond to those events that is the point of life. The dreams could be showing you the behind the scenes you go through to orchestrate your life possibly suggesting that the story is written on the fly in some ways in response to not just ours but the people in our lives choices, but still written ahead of our actual human experience. I know I had a dream about a major life challenge years before it happened but it was definitely a forewarning so to speak. As well I had a premonition dream about a neighbor that was 6 months prior to the event so maybe some major events are set before we are born while the other less life altering events are more on the fly but still feels like you were touching on your soul in it's behind the scenes work to make your life happen. You may be at a place to begin to see your true essence as opposed to just relating to your human psyche.

That's something I have thought about before, that much of life is on the fly to keep things entertaining but the big events are scripted.
Old 07-02-2017, 01:10 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivatar
I'll begin by saying it's a feeling when I wake up like "oh damn, I have to go back to being C**** L***". When I wake up I distinctly recognize I dreamed of being God and I couldn't care less. It's not anything out of the ordinary like I would have expected. it's just a "oh, yeah, I forgot I was that" then I go about my day to day experience the next day. I never wake up and think "___ must happen because I'm GOD, im THE god" lol. I usually wake up and Im like "damn it, that stupid dream again. let me live my egoic existence in peace and ignorance!"

Imagine you can see an expanse of white light. In this room there is a person hunched over a desk, arranging things if they were hard at work.

that's what it feels like when I experience being God in a dream. Sometimes I also experience being in the mind of God, being God from a first person point of view instead of third.

it's not euphoric or blissful or ecstatic. it's just like imagining I was a CEO or something, like a chess player. I'm just moving stuff around like "this goes here... and this goes here... and this goes here".

When I begin to wake up my consciousness begins to fall from that place of formless light and darkness (formless except for me), I begin to remember all of the things specific to this existence (I go from a higher state of consciousness into my egoic consciousness). as i fully return to egoic consciousness is when I wake up.

For a few seconds after waking (on the mornings I dream of being God) I'm just like "eughhh. *deep breath*. time to get to work".

---

It would be accurate to say I dream of thinking I'm God. I can't do anything special that only God could do upon waking up. Nothing has shown me that I'm different from everyone else. I can't do anything other people can't do.

The feeling of being God is just a feeling of knowing why everything is, why everything happens, and how the universe works. it doesn't include a feeling of duty or responsibility, like I have to do something because I'm God.

NIce explained