Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 26-12-2010, 03:35 PM
Zenith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sira
If there was ever a way to become a target of opinions, it is to comment on the Bible so let's go for it.
In my understanding Elohim and Jahve are two entities, Elohim a group entity of seven creators, Jahve a single entity. Elohim is the original Earth creator, a loving, gentle god, whereas Jahve was, if possible, an ego-driven or at least "agenda-driven" god that required total submission from humans.
I channel Elohim. I would have nothing to do with Jahve.

Hi there Sira,

Quick question, do you believe in the actual existence of the entity called Yahweh/Jahve?

God bless
Old 26-12-2010, 03:59 PM
Sira

I have met this entity so the answer is yes. =)
Old 26-12-2010, 11:55 PM
Lucuno

Interesting theory..
Old 27-12-2010, 03:42 AM
taoistscholar

Quote:
If there was ever a way to become a target of opinions, it is to comment on the Bible so let's go for it.
In my understanding Elohim and Jahve are two entities, Elohim a group entity of seven creators, Jahve a single entity. Elohim is the original Earth creator, a loving, gentle god, whereas Jahve was, if possible, an ego-driven or at least "agenda-driven" god that required total submission from humans.
I channel Elohim. I would have nothing to do with Jahve.

:) I see it much the same way Sira. Based upon my prior beliefs, such a theory appears most truthful to me.
Old 27-12-2010, 05:04 PM
Zenith

Quote:
Originally Posted by taoistscholar
:) I see it much the same way Sira. Based upon my prior beliefs, such a theory appears most truthful to me.

Hi there,

A quick question for you and Sira: what would you say Yahweh's "agenda" is? The prophet Isaiah understood his "agenda" in a positive light.

(1) He wills salvation to all the ends of the Earth (Isaiah 45.22, cf. 2 Peter 3.9, 1 Tim. 2.4).

(2) He wants people to keep justice and righteousness until he brings his salvation (Isaiah 56.1)

(3) He wants people to do good, seek justice and defend the rights of the poor and helpless (Isaiah 1.17)

Moreover, he affirms the golden rule (Leviticus 19.18), and then again he reaffirms it as the incarnate Son (Matthew 22.37-39).

God bless
Old 27-12-2010, 05:15 PM
Sira

Bible is what the church has modified it to be over the millenia, carefully stripping information of, for example, incarnation. I would suggest you to read the Dead Sea Scrolls and the Nag Hammadi Library, then pursue your studies on Jahve, if you still feel it's important. I don't, but I respect your devotion.
Old 27-12-2010, 05:41 PM
Zenith

Quote:
Bible is what the church has modified it to be over the millenia, carefully stripping information of, for example, incarnation. I would suggest you to read the Dead Sea Scrolls and the Nag Hammadi Library, then pursue your studies on Jahve, if you still feel it's important. I don't, but I respect your devotion.

Hi there,

Could you please tell me what you mean by "incarnation"? I suppose you mean "reincarnation"? Some Chasidic believers see references in the Hebrew Bible to reincarnation; for example, there is a passage in Job which speak about returning from the 'pit' (grave):
He has redeemed my soul from going to the pit, And my life shall see the light.' Behold, God does all these oftentimes with men, To bring back his soul from the pit, That he may be enlightened with the light of life (Job 33.28-30)

The Church has done little to modify the Bible over the millennia.

Having done my degree in Theology, and being currently in pursuit of my Master's in Biblical Studies, I can assure you that I have researched the DSS and Nag Hammadi texts - there is a lot of interesting stuff in them; well, mainly in the NH texts, since the DSS are basically copies of the Biblical texts.

However, I would still like to know what you think Yahweh's agenda is? If you take the idea which Gnostic communities held, I would probably know what agenda you think Yahweh has; yet, it would still be nice to hear your opinion.

God bless
Old 27-12-2010, 05:42 PM
Sira

Nooo, I don't want to get involved in Jahve talk. I have met the entity and I'm happy he has finally left the Earth. =)
Old 27-12-2010, 06:03 PM
Zenith

Quote:
Nooo, I don't want to get involved in Jahve talk. I have met the entity and I'm happy he has finally left the Earth. =)

Well, I must tolerate your opinion, even if I disagree with it. I wouldn't want to be the sower of discord. :)

God bless.
Old 27-12-2010, 06:13 PM
Sira

Thank you for understanding! Blessings to you too! <3