Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 12-12-2012, 06:09 PM
Jolandie

Just a question

I was born and raised a Christain. Went to sunday school every sunday and went to church every sunday for more than 18 years. And I am upset and confused.

The last few weeks I have heard a few people, more than a few people say things like "Lets pray to Jesus, Lets ask Jesus or Our Lord Jesus". I hear this everyday. When I switch the radio on, when I watch tv, when I'm with friends and family, in church.

O.k so here is what confuses me a bit. Shouldn't we be saying "Lets pray to God or Lets ask God"?

I understand Jesus was our saviour and he was put on this earth to give us Gods message and to teach us what God wants from us. But what I want to know is, isn't He just God's son and aren't we in a sense idolizing Him by not praying directly to God our Father and Maker?

Aren't we taking away something by praying to His son instead of to God Himself?
Just want to know.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:39 PM
Gracey

Christians live this verse:

John:14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

It is matter of perception.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:43 PM
Jolandie

And before Jesus?
Old 12-12-2012, 06:49 PM
Gracey

I know what you mean. Think of the 10 commandments and where it says, thou shall have no other gods before me.

I struggled (and still do to a point) with this also for a long time.

these days, i see jesus as a good example of living a good example of virtuous living, but i do not believe i have to go through him to get to god.

maybe someone else here can help you see a better christian view.
Old 12-12-2012, 07:33 PM
Jolandie

Thanks Gracey for trying to answer my question. Once upon a time I asked my pastor this question and he answered me with a question. Hate it when they do that!
Old 12-12-2012, 09:23 PM
Animus27

"The Father and I are one." John 10:30

I can see your confusion over the matter. A lot of (usually protestant) Christians tend to talk of Jesus in a way that makes it seem like He's the only part of God worth talking about. Jesus is the mediating person of the Trinity. He is the person of God who became human Himself. His role as teacher and savior are both a part of His humanness and godhood. God the Father is formless and uncreated... and thus not easily related to, since He is fundamentally different from anything that has existence (save perhaps Christ Himself). Jesus is also the person of God who suffered under Pontius Pilate, an experience that wasn't undergone by the Father, or at least not in the same capacity. Suffering and pain are two fundamentally mortal qualities, which add to Jesus' identification with all humanity in general.

Eh, ramble lol. Basically, I think the emphasis on calling God Jesus, and speaking of Jesus, rather than simply God, in everyday conversation is due to His human nature that we can relate to, in combination with his role as mediating savior and reconcilor for mankind to the Father - along with helping to keep everything Christocentric (which is the sole thing that separates Christianity from every other religion).

I hope I made some sense!
Old 13-12-2012, 02:40 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolandie

AMEN!.. and your question isn’t “JUST A QUESTION” it’s an such an IMPORTANT question that can possibly save our lives! You ‘re so right by asking…” Aren't we taking away something by praying to His son instead of to God Himself?” the answer to that is, we’re taking away the fact that are prayers are not only NOT HEARD, by GOD, But Jesus don’t even HEAR them. And I’m sorry many would rather believe their minister’s words instead of someone like myself. But I’m ONLY coming with the word of Jehovah God ,(1Cor. 9:16 For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel)!

I’ve heard many pray to Jesus when being attack by satan, or what many believe to be “the evil dead” ,another topic). I’ve seen on tv ,many times when ministers ,with their cross in hand try to rid people of demons. Saying things like…”you come out of her in Jesus name”, or “in Jesus name I demand you to come out. Of course this goes on for hours. Sadly MANY don’t understand, first! Satan ISN’T afraid of Jesus. IF he was, he wouldn’t have try to get Jesus to WORSHIP him! ,( Matt. 4:1-11 , 4:8,9 Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them. And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me).

It’s Jehovah God’s power to Jesus, that satan is afraid of , (Matt. 8:28-32). When those demons “leave the bodies” of those who ministers believe they cause to happen through Jesus. It ISN’T because they feared Jesus or his name. it was to make MANY believe this was the right thing to say. And those ministers were of Jehovah God. Be wise, even satan sends ministers who APPEAR to be sent by God , (2Cor. 11:13-15). My bro-n-law who claim to be a minister, said when he was attacked by demons. He kept repeating…”I plead the blood of Jesus.” I asked why he kept saying it, and did they leave? He said not at first then they finally left.

Again, they left to make him think ,what he was saying was right. NOW… on a show, with country star Loretta Lynn concerning ghost, her granddaughter said she was always taught by her family to call on the name Jehovah. She said one night she seen a spirit being by her bed, and she just said the name Jehovah ,..once!, it left! ,(James 4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you). And (Pro. 18:10 The name of the LORD is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe). MANY, pray to a god with NO NAME, ( because they refuse to believe he has one). Or they pray to Jesus in his name, …ending like this… “in your name ,amen.”

First God let us know what name he allowed us to use ,(Exo.6:3). And even Jesus told those who were ALREADY serving the God of Israel, what his name was ,(John 17:6-8). Jesus even showed us how I’ll prayers should basically , (Matt. 6:9-13 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen). Not that we have to say it in the same manner, just incorporate them in our prayers.

NOTICE, “, Hallowed be thy name” , if you Google “hallow” it means , ( Sanctified; consecrated, to honor as holy , or Highly venerated). We suppose to pray to Jehovah God in Jesus name. this is what Jesus meant when he said at John 14:6Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me”). Jesus and his Father is perfect, we’re NOT, they’re clean, we’re NOT, but!... Jesus perfect death, made a way for humans to go to God, through him. And NOT by means of animal sacrifices., as they did in the days of old. Some may say that’s NOT what Jesus meant at John 14:6. But another scriptures shows it does ,(1 tim. 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus).

NONE of our prayers are answered, UNLESS we go to Jehovah God, in Jesus name. and ANY.. prayers that SEEMED to be answered ,when praying to Jesus. WASN’T answered by him, or his Father, but by satan, sorry! But remember what’s said at 2Cor. 11:14 concerning satan,… “ And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light”). Satan will make things seem like it’s from or of Jehovah God, and Jesus. peace

Old 13-12-2012, 02:55 PM
Toolite

No one is above God. All Glory is to be given to God. Jesus serves as a template of what can be done in flesh by God. Prayers are sent to God. God is the one you stand before so he is the one to have the relationship with.
GTG
Old 13-12-2012, 02:58 PM
Ecthalion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo50
AMEN!.. and your question isn’t “JUST A QUESTION” it’s an such an IMPORTANT question that can possibly save our lives! You ‘re so right by asking…” Aren't we taking away something by praying to His son instead of to God Himself?” the answer to that is, we’re taking away the fact that are prayers are not only NOT HEARD, by GOD, But Jesus don’t even HEAR them. And I’m sorry many would rather believe their minister’s words instead of someone like myself. But I’m ONLY coming with the word of Jehovah God ,(1Cor. 9:16 For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel)!

I’ve heard many pray to Jesus when being attack by satan, or what many believe to be “the evil dead” ,another topic). I’ve seen on tv ,many times when ministers ,with their cross in hand try to rid people of demons. Saying things like…”you come out of her in Jesus name”, or “in Jesus name I demand you to come out. Of course this goes on for hours. Sadly MANY don’t understand, first! Satan ISN’T afraid of Jesus. IF he was, he wouldn’t have try to get Jesus to WORSHIP him! ,( Matt. 4:1-11 , 4:8,9 Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them. And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me).

It’s Jehovah God’s power to Jesus, that satan is afraid of , (Matt. 8:28-32). When those demons “leave the bodies” of those who ministers believe they cause to happen through Jesus. It ISN’T because they feared Jesus or his name. it was to make MANY believe this was the right thing to say. And those ministers were of Jehovah God. Be wise, even satan sends ministers who APPEAR to be sent by God , (2Cor. 11:13-15). My bro-n-law who claim to be a minister, said when he was attacked by demons. He kept repeating…”I plead the blood of Jesus.” I asked why he kept saying it, and did they leave? He said not at first then they finally left.

Again, they left to make him think ,what he was saying was right. NOW… on a show, with country star Loretta Lynn concerning ghost, her granddaughter said she was always taught by her family to call on the name Jehovah. She said one night she seen a spirit being by her bed, and she just said the name Jehovah ,..once!, it left! ,(James 4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you). And (Pro. 18:10 The name of the LORD is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe). MANY, pray to a god with NO NAME, ( because they refuse to believe he has one). Or they pray to Jesus in his name, …ending like this… “in your name ,amen.”

First God let us know what name he allowed us to use ,(Exo.6:3). And even Jesus told those who were ALREADY serving the God of Israel, what his name was ,(John 17:6-8). Jesus even showed us how I’ll prayers should basically , (Matt. 6:9-13 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen). Not that we have to say it in the same manner, just incorporate them in our prayers.

NOTICE, “, Hallowed be thy name” , if you Google “hallow” it means , ( Sanctified; consecrated, to honor as holy , or Highly venerated). We suppose to pray to Jehovah God in Jesus name. this is what Jesus meant when he said at John 14:6Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me”). Jesus and his Father is perfect, we’re NOT, they’re clean, we’re NOT, but!... Jesus perfect death, made a way for humans to go to God, through him. And NOT by means of animal sacrifices., as they did in the days of old. Some may say that’s NOT what Jesus meant at John 14:6. But another scriptures shows it does ,(1 tim. 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus).

NONE of our prayers are answered, UNLESS we go to Jehovah God, in Jesus name. and ANY.. prayers that SEEMED to be answered ,when praying to Jesus. WASN’T answered by him, or his Father, but by satan, sorry! But remember what’s said at 2Cor. 11:14 concerning satan,… “ And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light”). Satan will make things seem like it’s from or of Jehovah God, and Jesus. peace

REALLY?????

One can interpret "scripture" to mean whatever you wish. Two people will interpret the same verse in different ways.

God hears your prayers no matter which of his many names (all given by men) you use.
Old 13-12-2012, 04:01 PM
Master

Just because other people do something doesn't mean you have to do it. Pray to whoever you want. Prayer isn't about doing things 'the right way', it's about the meaning you give it.