Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 05-07-2019, 05:26 AM
Newbie ;)

Belief in Lord Hanuman

I have been an avid follower of Lord Hanuman. Reciting Hanuman Chalisa has helped in my mental stability during very hard times.
The earliest memory of opening up to the same was when I was a child and was a bit too scared of the dark (the very imaginative kid I was). Any movie with even the slightest scary bits used to disturb my sleep for weeks. My grandfather introduced me to Hanuman Chalisa. Maybe it was the totemism of it all or what, it helped in calming me to sleep like a lullaby.
In hard times it has been this belief that has carried forward. Not with the intention to witness miracles but just the idea that a force is there with you to help you guide towards the right direction and see black and white is pure platinum to me.
Old 05-07-2019, 08:33 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlainJane
I have been an avid follower of Lord Hanuman. Reciting Hanuman Chalisa has helped in my mental stability during very hard times.
The earliest memory of opening up to the same was when I was a child and was a bit too scared of the dark (the very imaginative kid I was). Any movie with even the slightest scary bits used to disturb my sleep for weeks. My grandfather introduced me to Hanuman Chalisa. Maybe it was the totemism of it all or what, it helped in calming me to sleep like a lullaby.
In hard times it has been this belief that has carried forward. Not with the intention to witness miracles but just the idea that a force is there with you to help you guide towards the right direction and see black and white is pure platinum to me.
Jai Bajrangbali.
Old 05-07-2019, 10:12 AM
Experiencer
Jai Shri Hanuman...

Plain jane.I also have a similar story.It felt good to see this post.

Thanks
Whitelotus

God bless you
Old 06-07-2019, 02:18 AM
Newbie ;)

Hi PlainJane,

I also love Sri Hanuman. I have been a fan for quite some time.
Old 07-07-2019, 07:03 PM
Master
I've used his bija sometimes and it felt great.I think it was ''fraum''
Old 09-07-2019, 09:26 PM
Knower
Tuesdays and Saturdays are especially auspicious for worshiping Lord Hanuman. He's particularly pleased when one also worships Lord Rāma. Here is a prayer for Lord Hanuman...

Mánojavam máruta tulya vegam
Jitendriyam buddhi-matam várishtham |

Vatat-majam vánara yutha mukhyam
Shri Rāma-dutam sháranam prápadye || (accent in Sanskrit is usually on the 2nd to last syllable)

The meaning of the Mantra is as follows.

I take refuge in Sri Hanuman, the one, who is swift as the mind and fast as the wind. He is the master of the senses and honored for his excellent intelligence, learning, and wisdom. He is the son of the wind god and chief among the Vanaars. One who is part of the Devas incarnated in the species of the monkeys to serve Sri Rama during his incarnation. Hence, to that Messenger of Sri Rama, I take refuge in him, by prostrating before him.

His gayatri (3 lines, 8 syllables) mantra:

Om Anjaneyāya Vidmahe
Vayu-putrāya Dhimahi
Tanno Hanuman Prachodayat

Let us meditate on the son of Anjani
May the son of the Wind give me intelligence
May Hanuman enlighten my mind.

The following mantra got me my job back (I was part of a lay-off, but they called me back). Start chanting this mantra on Thursdays and chant 11 times in the morning. I did it until my job was secured:

Om Shree Vajra-dehāya Rāma-bhakthāya Vayu-puthrāya Namostute
Obeisance to the one hit by a thunderbolt; the devotee of Rāma; son of the Wind.

Lord Hanuman has been a great friend to me.
Old 19-07-2019, 05:48 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlainJane
Mate even i am follower of lord hanuman but I feel that it is the confidence that you get by reciting hanuman chalisa works more than anything...mantra's tend to have affect on your spiritual aspects..
I can be wrong thou...just my observation.
Old 29-08-2019, 06:36 AM
Master

Hanuman worshipped the Avatar Sri Rama and both worshipped the Shivalingam .

In Rameswaram, Rama installed the Shivalingam which is known as Ramalingam and a temple is built around it named as Ramanathaswamy. Hanuman brought a Shivalingam from the Himalayas and installed it as well. It is known as Vishwalingam.

The temple's name, Ramanathaswamy, an another name for Shiva, means Rama's Nath or Lord who is Shiva.

Rameshwaram in turn, also means Rama's Eashwar or God, that is Shiva.

Rama instructed that the Vishwalingam, the Lingam brought by Hanuman from the Himalayas be worshipped first, and this tradition continues even today.

The Shivalingam is considered in the Shivapuranas or Shaivite scriptures to represent a cosmic pillar of light.

The Prajapita Brahmakumaris too state that the Shivalingam represents God as a point of light.

Interestingly, there are many interesting correlations between God and light in other major world religions as well. I have briefed on this in this thread.

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=127748

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Old 12-09-2019, 04:49 AM
Master

I like what in my impressions, Hanuman epitomises:

Strength & fearlessness in conjunction with humility & purity with unwavering devotion to God as fulcrum of consciousness

Old 26-12-2019, 01:22 PM
Newbie ;)

Smile Lord hanuman is my inspiration

I not only see lord hanuman as a god to pray but as a character to live. He always inspires me since childhood to be courageous and adventures in life. I think more than praying for pictures, we should try to impress the qualities of lord hanuman in our mind and character. Jai bajrangbali.