Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 07-07-2019, 02:56 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
You left out Mohenjo-daro Shivani Devi
We only travelled around South East Asia and the Pacific Islands..not Pakistan.

My family was very well off. My father worked as a freelance photographer for travel magazines and also ran a bootleg import "business" on the side...bringing in fake perfumes, cheap silver and gemstones, pirated audio tapes, copied smokes and liquor etc from Thailand through Indonesia, until the Australian Government put an end to that tax dodge and the Asian money laundering racket in the mid 1980's.

Could you please clarify as to whether you think my history is so incredulous as to not be believed? Or whether you think that I have done so much that I left out something that would make the whole experience complete?

On the internet, tone, timbre, body language and facial expression is non existent...just wanted to know if your eyes were rolling as you said that...or not.
Old 07-07-2019, 03:03 AM
Master
Hello,

What brought to the "spiritual path?"

Hmmm, honestly what first comes to mind is being born.

Yeah, that is what it feels like. For it seems as long as I can recall felt a deep connection with God, Angels, and nature.

But, growing up in a Catholic household and a small town was not exposed to whole lot else besides basically Christianity.

So, in a way left to my own devices. Would find wonder in the stars and beauty in the changing seasons. Enjoy the birds singing and the creatures going about thier business. Nature showed and still does the wonder and glory of creation in motion.

As a kid felt this, but placed no name on it besides life.

Through the years read various books, had friends who studied Hermetics. Met people of various faiths and beliefs. Watched various videos and interviews with various monks, teachers and such. Had some very deep dreams guiding me. All further expanded my understandings.

Some things resonated with, so integrated into my life. Meditate now and then, but more focused upon what is happening around me and this is a constant practice. Heard it call "walking meditation" , not trying to do anything specific, just noticing and taking notes, so to speak.

Feel the flow of life through everything and everyone. Through this the path becomes life itself for me.

It is on going and worked to be at peace with and to truly feel that where I am at is alright and to trust in the gifts given to work with them as best I can.

Mostly to be grateful for that which is given and to those whom enter my life. For this brings the awareness to me of the divine and how precious life is.

Also, I am not alone in the travels and we each touch one another in ways the mind may not know, but the heart holds dear.
Old 07-07-2019, 04:37 AM
Deactivated Account
i was sick from a food allergy that i couldn't figure out. i found i could alleviate it by the energy. thought i could heal myself entirely if i just kept at it. so i dropped everything and spent all the time i could trying to make it go away.

along the way i had psychic pheomena. my intuition said something i was eating was killing me. and my sister would figure it out. so after i worked through enough to make the bliss permanent. then my sister told me her daughter was ill and having tests done to find out what was wrong. her eyebrows were falling out and other problems. they found she has a severe allergy towards gluten. my sister said maybe you have it to. stopped eating bread and never felt so good in my whole life.

its not always good things that motivate. but the bad things as well. i think they work in concert for the benefit of the soul. to move deeper and deeper into consciousness.

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 07-07-2019, 09:34 AM
Master
Quote:
back story from my own learning is that the physical changes that come during childbirth, if approached with 'purity' in some spiritual sense, are beneficial to a woman's life. As you seem to have found. Anyway some eastern traditions have men deliberately working the same types of physicalities from what I can tell... easier for a woman to just live through it though I suppose!

Just wanted to add that I think the perimenopause/menopause can be another time of opening/development in a woman's life.
Old 07-07-2019, 09:40 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
What brought you to the spiritual path? Was it an experience? A book? An inborn longing? Where you called, as they say? Share your story. We're all unique and so is our path - even if the ultimate destination is the same.

Love your art Uma. The chrysalis and anew.
Old 07-07-2019, 09:56 AM
Master
I guess I've had it from birth. As a young child I could hear and see things.
Then you shut that down at some point as people don't understand and don't know what to do with it.
My body always was sensitive as well. When I was approx 6-7 I suddenly had joint problems to the point I could barely walk anymore. My legs just gave in. I remember my dad having to carry me upstairs.
Doctors visits, blood tests, nothing. Then my granddad suggested moving my bed concerning a possible water vein or Earth. It was done and a few days later I was totally fine again!

I always was incredibly interested in the paranormal. Got affected by some nasty black magic and needed someone to remove that ****. I was quite ill because of it.
My husband had gifts and as such we talked about spiritual & paranormal stuff. But it wasn't until my divorce 10 years later that I found out I had gifts as well. I was quite shocked even, had not expected that.
At that time I again came in contact with paranormal activity, even moved into a house with loads of entities :/ My new partner's house. We had a cleansing done twice.

The more conscious, deliberate steps on my path were around 2005 when I started intuitive development courses. After that came healing, crystals, dowsing, a higher level healer course, Tibetan Lightwork, and so on and so forth. Oh, done witchcraft for a few years (hedgewitch).
The reason I started in 2005 is that I knew I had self-esteem issues and I wanted to sort them out.
My growth & interest continued as I started a Wicca & New Age webshop and needed to do research. So lots on paganism, Celts, and so on. I learnt a lot during that period, about my roots, past lives and so on.

I recently found out it runs in the family from my father's side. I had never known, and it made me feel so good to hear that! A sense of belonging instead of being the black sheep, haha.
Both my longterm partners were gifted, each in a totally different way.
My kids are as well. They've seen and heard things, varying from shadows, complete 'people', auras.
Old 07-07-2019, 11:34 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
We only travelled around South East Asia and the Pacific Islands..not Pakistan.

My family was very well off. My father worked as a freelance photographer for travel magazines and also ran a bootleg import "business" on the side...bringing in fake perfumes, cheap silver and gemstones, pirated audio tapes, copied smokes and liquor etc from Thailand through Indonesia, until the Australian Government put an end to that tax dodge and the Asian money laundering racket in the mid 1980's.

Could you please clarify as to whether you think my history is so incredulous as to not be believed? Or whether you think that I have done so much that I left out something that would make the whole experience complete?

On the internet, tone, timbre, body language and facial expression is non existent...just wanted to know if your eyes were rolling as you said that...or not.

my eyes were not rolling. elsewhere you have written that your life's work is to decode the Indus Valley seals - I assumed something inspired that - peace
uma
Old 07-07-2019, 11:37 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
Love your art Uma. The chrysalis and anew.
Thank you.
Old 07-07-2019, 11:40 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
I guess I've had it from birth. As a young child I could hear and see things.
Then you shut that down at some point as people don't understand and don't know what to do with it. . . .

I totally totally resonate with that omg - we're living in the dark ages.
Old 07-07-2019, 11:42 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by running
. . . .stopped eating bread and never felt so good in my whole life.

its not always good things that motivate. but the bad things as well. i think they work in concert for the benefit of the soul. to move deeper and deeper into consciousness.

Wow! I'm trying to tune into my body's intelligence to figure out what food is giving me problems. How did you know it was bread?

Yes about the bad motivating as well as the good - absolutely. My Teacher said to me the Divine motivates with the stick as well as the carrot on the end of it.