Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 05-07-2019, 12:33 AM
Master
What brought you to the spiritual path?

What brought you to the spiritual path? Was it an experience? A book? An inborn longing? Where you called, as they say? Share your story. We're all unique and so is our path - even if the ultimate destination is the same.

Old 05-07-2019, 12:40 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
What brought you to the spiritual path? Was it an experience? A book? An inborn longing? Where you called, as they say? Share your story. We're all unique and so is our path - even if the ultimate destination is the same.

I suppose I didn't much believe in the divine... then I got schizophrenia. I quickly learned things aren't as they seem...

sigh.
Old 05-07-2019, 12:43 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
I suppose I didn't much believe in the divine... then I got schizophrenia. I quickly learned things aren't as they seem...

sigh.

What do you mean?
Old 05-07-2019, 01:15 AM
Master

I was faced with a lot of responses to my own thoughts, and various other things that supposedly shouldn't happen. And for a long time I was just stuck learning to try not to figure out what this place 'is'. I tried to name it so many times but there was always something wrong with the name so I eventually learned not to continue on that path...

People called this schizophrenia when they caught me out on it but I was just like floored that what people say about life just isn't true.

I started believing in the divine... and then eventually had an experience with altered perceptions of reality.... after that I was kinda sold on the whole thing although truth be told it has been rough psychologically... I'm always having to relearn what not to do next...
Old 05-07-2019, 01:30 AM
Master
Quote:
I was faced with a lot of responses to my own thoughts, and various other things that supposedly shouldn't happen. And for a long time I was just stuck learning to try not to figure out what this place 'is'. I tried to name it so many times but there was always something wrong with the name so I eventually learned not to continue on that path...

People called this schizophrenia when they caught me out on it but I was just like floored that what people say about life just isn't true.

I started believing in the divine... and then eventually had an experience with altered perceptions of reality.... after that I was kinda sold on the whole thing although truth be told it has been rough psychologically... I'm always having to relearn what not to do next...

Sounds like you didn't have a lot of support but you found a way anyway.
Old 05-07-2019, 01:37 AM
Master

sigh.... lots of antagonism.... sigh.... sometimes I wish I weren't so stubborn that I just can't give up....

I've read parts of your story, but not sure how you got into it either. Do you wanna share?
Old 05-07-2019, 02:01 AM
Master
Quote:
sigh.... lots of antagonism.... sigh.... sometimes I wish I weren't so stubborn that I just can't give up....

I've read parts of your story, but not sure how you got into it either. Do you wanna share?

Sure ok. I was born with a longing to know God. I had a lot of spiritual experiences as a child - but then they just stopped when I hit puberty. Then when my first child was born they started coming back but in different ways. And I wanted to learn how to meditate and read everything I could, went from one spiritual group to another until I met the one who would become my Spiritual Teacher for life - Sri Vasudeva who I have written about a lot (see below my sig) - that was 22 years ago and my spiritual growth has just accelerated since then. It's not about books anymore but about going deeper within, and trying to be in meditation 24/7 as I meet with life from a spiritual space. Now I'm at a different stage and the challenges are different, at times really tough, but the gifts are sweeter and the blessings in my life have been tremendous. What can I say? It's been a magical ride and it can only get better. That's my story in a nutshell.
Old 05-07-2019, 02:31 AM
Master
For me, I guess it depends on what 'spiritual' means. I think it's an innate way of being, everyone is spiritual (yes, even the nasty people). I don't believe there is anyone on this planet who doesn't have a spirit or connection to spirit.

When I was a young girl, I just *knew* things. I was alone with my thoughts a lot, experienced my fair share of loss and grief. It turned me even more inward. I remember having... hmmm, not imaginary friends but my guides with me. They just felt close, y'know?

Then, like Uma, it came on full-blown with the birth of my second child. I started seeing sparkles and shimmers in the air and had a lot of intense mediumistic (is that a word?) experiences. I've explored a lot of philosophy and new agey things and various paths towards 'enlightenment'. A lot have fallen by the wayside as they no longer fit with me but some have stuck, like meditation and dreamwork and understanding how I fit in the world as an empath and healer.

My spiritual path is to live my life the best I can and to do my very best not to hurt anyone along the way while not allowing myself to be swallowed up at the same time. Sometimes I fail at that *shrugs* I am getting to be very good at forgiveness and patience lol

Old 05-07-2019, 02:37 AM
Master

yeah i knew from the bible that one of the things that really helps women if they are on the path, is birth of a child...
Old 05-07-2019, 02:42 AM
Master

An impulse from within urged me to awake
Ego forsake
By slowing down thought and disassociating by just looking
Doing nothing save unresistingly allowing Love blossoming