Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 03-05-2019, 12:26 PM
Newbie ;)

Incarnations that are considered fictional

Hello everyone,

I have a question: do any of you remember a past life that you are completely sure of, know that you actually lived it and were a real historical person a very long time ago, before recorded history (not famous at that time, just an ordinary person), but your past life is nowadays considered a fantasy tale in modern culture?
To be more specific, did anyone have the experience of accidentally stumbling upon an accurate and detailed description of their past incarnation and life journey in a children’s fantasy book? If such a thing happened to you, would you consider yourself mentally unstable, would you think this is all just your own fantasy and not regard it as a real past life? Would you choose to tell any of your friends or relatives about it?
And what would your own reaction be, if this kind of past-life recall happened to one of your friends or relatives, and they told you about it? Would you be sure they are delusional and need help?
I know that’s a very weird set of questions, but I would be most grateful for people’s opinions about this.
Old 03-05-2019, 04:11 PM
Master

previous life

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonelybird82
Hello everyone,

I have a question: do any of you remember a past life that you are completely sure of, know that you actually lived it and were a real historical person a very long time ago, before recorded history (not famous at that time, just an ordinary person), but your past life is nowadays considered a fantasy tale in modern culture?
To be more specific, did anyone have the experience of accidentally stumbling upon an accurate and detailed description of their past incarnation and life journey in a children’s fantasy book?

Memory deals with storage of facts in sub-conscious and its efficient retrieval by intellect . Subconscious gets destroyed with death of body . So previous life memories are not available by design in next birth . And that is good also for people .

At times with fading spirit and aging , people may not able to have memories of this life also .
Old 03-05-2019, 06:15 PM
Master

Quote:
Hello everyone,

To be more specific, did anyone have the experience of accidentally stumbling upon an accurate and detailed description of their past incarnation and life journey in a children’s fantasy book? If such a thing happened to you, would you consider yourself mentally unstable, would you think this is all just your own fantasy and not regard it as a real past life? Would you choose to tell any of your friends or relatives about it?
And what would your own reaction be, if this kind of past-life recall happened to one of your friends or relatives, and they told you about it? Would you be sure they are delusional and need help?
I know that’s a very weird set of questions, but I would be most grateful for people’s opinions about this.

You seem to have something specific in mind, but you're asking convoluted questions ...

Firstly, some people believe in reincarnation, others don't. If you share your story / experience with a non-believer, you'll have a reaction of disbelief, sometimes rude.

Secondly, each one of us creates our own reality, which is different from everybody else's. What we believe to be true may be so, but it may also be a result of a mental condition (as you suggested), or of a misperception due to our beliefs and emotions.

We should always be aware that a certain belief, be it ours or another's, may be wrong.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 03-05-2019, 06:48 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
You seem to have something specific in mind, but you're asking convoluted questions ...

Yes, indeed, and that is because I'm afraid to be ridiculed. I tried to keep my questions as short and as generalized as possible, to avoid going into unnecessary and probably irrelevant details.

Quote:
Firstly, some people believe in reincarnation, others don't. If you share your story / experience with a non-believer, you'll have a reaction of disbelief, sometimes rude.

In this particular case even firm believers in reincarnation, who remember many past lives of their own, do not seem to be willing to accept the possibility, however unlikely, that someone's imaginary tale might have been unknowingly based on another person's past life. Of course, it is not expected that non-believers will accept this notion, but one might hope that believers would be open to such possibilities in reincarnation.

Quote:
Secondly, each one of us creates our own reality, which is different from everybody else's. What we believe to be true may be so, but it may also be a result of a mental condition (as you suggested), or of a misperception due to our beliefs and emotions.

We should always be aware that a certain belief, be it ours or another's, may be wrong.

Thank you for your wise words, I wholeheartedly agree with you.
Old 03-05-2019, 07:14 PM
Master

Quote:
... In this particular case even firm believers in reincarnation, who remember many past lives of their own, do not seem to be willing to accept the possibility, however unlikely, that someone's imaginary tale might have been unknowingly based on another person's past life. ...

I believe that almost anything is possible, however unlikely. Many imaginary tales have a seed of truth, we just might not know which it is.

Take for example religions. They all (most ?) originated from authentic experiences, that were interpreted through the beliefs and the emotions of the experiencer, then distorted intentionally or not by others.

I'd say that online anonymity offers an okay place to share some opinions that we'd might be more cautious to share in person for the fear of not being ridiculed. Surely, there isn't any real anonymity online, because social media companies, law enforcement, even regular media can identify you, but in the overwhelming number of cases we've accepted that as an inevitable annoyance.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 04-05-2019, 04:56 PM
Master

Quote:
Hello everyone,

i get a lot of stuff that way. Children's books, fairy tales, movies, magazines, regular books, picture books, newspapers. For me it is never too detailed, just a whisp of a memory... but enough to get a picture of something that 'was'.

But like you I would prefer not to get into detail because I don't want to OD on being ridiculed . OTOH I'm not going to ridicule you either because I consider this as valid as any way to get information.
Old 04-05-2019, 08:30 PM
Master
Quote:
Hello everyone,

Don't forget that your Ancestors memories can be passed in DNA so past life memories that we have can belong to your Ancestors.
Old 04-05-2019, 09:08 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Don't forget that your Ancestors memories can be passed in DNA so past life memories that we have can belong to your Ancestors.

I believe that past life memories aren't stored in our DNA, but in our subconscious, that isn't physical. What is stored in our DNA is related to the physical species' characteristics only. It's the hardware, animated by our spirits' software.
Old 15-05-2019, 11:45 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Hello everyone,

While I do not personally remember such a thing, I do believe that this is possible. All stories that can be imagined, whether past, present, or future, exist for consciousness to experience (realize). You may have had such an experience or be experiencing it now in conjunction with your current life experience, either way it is a real experience for you.
Old 16-05-2019, 08:53 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITESH SHAH
Memory deals with storage of facts in sub-conscious and its efficient retrieval by intellect . Subconscious gets destroyed with death of body . So previous life memories are not available by design in next birth . And that is good also for people .

At times with fading spirit and aging , people may not able to have memories of this life also .

So what about all the cases of children who have clear memories of their last incarnation, their families and how they died. And if the previous life was fairly recent, they may be taken to where they say they lived and they recognise people and places.

This suggests that memories are not stored in the physical body but are instead stored in a more subtle vehicle which can still be accessed in a new body. But such memories tend to fade by the age of 7, presumably because consciousness is now fully anchored in the new body and no longer has access to past memories.

Peace.