Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 04-03-2019, 11:47 PM
Knower

Why has God forsaken us!?

First of all, I do believe in God, but why is he letting us down by letting evil things happen? I just don't get it?
Old 05-03-2019, 12:04 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeGood88
First of all, I do believe in God, but why is he letting us down by letting evil things happen? I just don't get it?

Do you think, that He doesn't support you.. ?
Old 05-03-2019, 01:24 AM
Master
Quote:

Notice what you said there, YOU just din't get it. That in no way indicates that there is no reason for this, it only indicates that you do not understand why the duality exists, and are perhaps a bit frustrated by that and placing blame. Understandable, probably everyone has been there at least once, if not many times.

That does not indicate that God has not tried to give you the lesson that you seek however, that which would bring you into a greater degree of understanding of it and why it is. I can offer a few things about it, but of course you will still have to decide for yourself whether or not they are true or even possible. In the end it is your journey to come into a degree of understanding, so have you done anything to move toward your goal?

I don't mean to sound negative or anything like that, I am only pointing out that it is your responsibility to try toward the goal. Of course I DO understand that this thread is exactly that, you making a try, and that is good. Now consider this, if the world were good and perfect and had nothing challenging nor unpleasant happening to anyone or thing in it, how would anyone learn anything? Harsh experience is a very direct teacher, and a person in pain or discomfort (whether physical, emotional, or mental) pays greater attention when things are less than comfortable.

Comfort would bring a sense of security and ease, and probably make many become very lazy in the spiritual sense. Why make any effort when everything is handed to you? This "school of hard knocks" causes one to have a great interest in finding solutions to the problems that they face, and that desire gives rise to creativity in the sense of the way that we perceive things.

When one comes out the other side of having faced some hardship of whatever sort, they tend to become very aware of things that ought to have been done differently, mistakes made, better ways to choose and to react should the same occur again, etc. Learning happens this way, and often it is we ourselves that cause such hardship to become necessary for us to learn.

You may see things differently, but consider this, what if He is not letting anyone down at all? The things necessary to learn and grow are already present, but something has to cause the individual's attention to recognize that there is a need before they could even begin to search for a solution, much less find one that is workable for them that can be put into practice and benefited from. But when a person accomplishes that, they learn because they have earned the knowledge from that experience.

In that respect God might be letting a person down if He left us to our own devices without any sort of help available. I personally do not see anything as being that way at all. Most bring the negative into their lives by their own choices, but not all. Some negative people do things that are very bad to others too, but both are not free from anything to just wander away, not forever. It (our choices) always come back around to us. Some call that karma in the Eastern religions, but the same exists in the Western religions too, usually under other names. That principle teaches responsibility, humility, patience, love, understanding, and so much more, but the individual's eyes need to be opened enough to recognize it before they can see it. Thus the negative experiences and situations in life.

These tend to get the attention very quickly. Often the solutions are right there within the original problem, just waiting to be recognized. Perhaps things are not as chaotic as they seem. We might not be let down by God, but rather instead, let down by ourselves. The bright side of that is, that we all have the ability to make a choice to change things for the better.
"Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, or Zen. Not any religion or cultural system. I am not from the East or the West, not out of the ocean or up from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not composed of elements at all... I belong to the Beloved, have seen the two worlds as one and that one call to and know, first, last, outer, inner, only that breath breathing human being."
Rumi
Old 05-03-2019, 02:09 AM
Knower
Without negativity it would take eons to progress spiritually, rather than just thousands of years. We also wouldn't have free will.
Old 05-03-2019, 07:28 AM
Master
Quote:

I didn't get this when I was 14 and let go of this concept.
Old 05-03-2019, 10:11 AM
Master
Perhaps we actually ARE God and He has thrown Himself into the maelstrom in order to achieve something? He knows He is only harming Himself. He is willing to live through this in order to express His love. Just a thought.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 05-03-2019, 10:16 AM
Master
Honza, if you come to that conclusion, we are God also, than you would have to come to understand that God is all that is, and there is nothing outside of what we call God.
This would confirm, the Law if One is correct, which it is.
Old 05-03-2019, 11:56 AM
Master
Rah nam….yes I consider God to be all there is. However it is the Eastern interpretations of this which give me difficulty. Just because I am not familiar with them. I hope to be more accepting in the future.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 05-03-2019, 12:20 PM
Master
Reproduced from the poetry section for those who may find it relevant:

Invincibility of spirit occupying fragility of form awakens a storm requiring sheltering by egoic illusion of limitation which consciousness then does transition by gradual ascension to reestablish the connection of itself with Itself by disrobing the layers of protection, ego made consciousness wear, enabling the slow motion reawakening by paying observational attention to the awakening, the blossoming, facilitating optimal functioning of consciousness in form upon planet earth, suffused with joy and dispersing love as healing mirth.

Old 05-03-2019, 02:30 PM
Suspended
Quote:
I have no proof that there is a god, but I am convinced that invisible beings exist.