Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 10-12-2017, 09:31 PM
Deactivated Account
The universe- God is Imperfect

If we acknowledge that we are not perfect beings and from our core where we are connected always to source where we try and we create and we learn from our mistakes we have to acknowledge that God is also imperfect.

We have all heard 'man made in God's image'. When I fully immerse myself into this thought it becomes almost undeniable to me that God... and the the universe is imperfect... as it too is learning from its 'mistakes'.
Old 11-12-2017, 04:06 AM
Master
Then, there is always the 'perfection of imperfection' as what is seen as being either is totally dependent upon cognitive dissonance. It also gave way to the whole 'abstract' concept and theory in art.

What is imperfect is made perfect by its own 'imperfection' and what is perfect is also made imperfect by its own 'perfection'...and so, neither concept relates in consanguinity within the whole 'God paradigm'.

There are things which are hidden, obscured, occulted and esoteric...yet they are in full and plain sight for all to see...and yet, they will remain hidden, invisible, ignored and occulted because many others are just not ready to see the nose that was on their face all along, no matter how 'perfect' or 'imperfect' they think it is.

So, we leave our writings...our understandings in and on such a media, in the hope that in another 1,000 years, the humans of that time may somehow stumble across it and uncover these things, because they just weren't meant to be heard by the current generation.
Old 11-12-2017, 04:08 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by emeraldheart
If we acknowledge that we are not perfect beings and from our core where we are connected always to source where we try and we create and we learn from our mistakes we have to acknowledge that God is also imperfect.
I do not see how you reach the conclusion that 'God' is imperfect based our imperfections. In your view it seems that we are so much less than God/source, how is it that whatever we are reflects in any way on the nature of God?
Old 11-12-2017, 07:27 AM
Deactivated Account
It seems like a lifetime ago when I wrote this and was playing with the thought in the early hours of the morning.
I had to go back to my original early morning thought process on it... haha.

I was thinking in terms of the Universe which keeps creating itself - and then I was thinking in terms of species evolution on this planet... where many, many hundreds of thousands of prehistoric plant and animal species have died or new ones have adapted or evolved to fill the gap.

Then I was sort of looking at it and noticing how my own creative process is alot of trial and error - learning, evolving constant changing and adapting as I create and re -create through my 'mistakes' ... this is also how children learn as well...and then the bible passage came to mind about how 'Man was made in God's image' ... which is what really got me thinking about it some more.

Humans are innately imperfect... and so it really got me thinking that if we are indeed 'made in God's image's then god/universe two may also be imperfect...

Then as Shevani devi noted - there is perfection in imperfection - which makes me think of imperfection as a process as well in that - nature adapts through an almost trial and error process... well it seems that way with evolution anyway...

But there is much which I cannot see or understand behind the scenes of course - so I dare not question too much how perfectly imperfect the universes creation may be

Anyway - those are just some thoughts I was pondering.
Old 11-12-2017, 07:42 AM
Master
So, a mother gives birth to a two-headed baby...everybody treats it with disgust...spits on it...calls it names...hates it for being an 'imperfect creature'.

The mother sees only one head...a beautiful, handsome head instead of the 'hideously ugly creature' others are calling it. "Look at my son! isn't he perfect? isn't he wonderful?" she says.
Old 11-12-2017, 08:54 AM
Master

Quote:

We have all heard 'man made in God's image'. When I fully immerse myself into this thought it becomes almost undeniable to me that God... and the the universe is imperfect... as it too is learning from its 'mistakes'.

'God' as we understand him/her/it to be is, as you say, imperfect. This is because 'God' is evolving with everything else, it is so to say the energy behind the process of evolution. There are no mistakes - only trail and error based upon a megamultitude of experiences. Everything is flowing and moves according to trillions of wishes. At the moment we are where we are. Together with 'God'. Nothing else.
Old 11-12-2017, 11:39 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Then, there is always the 'perfection of imperfection' as what is seen as being either is totally dependent upon cognitive dissonance. It also gave way to the whole 'abstract' concept and theory in art.

What is imperfect is made perfect by its own 'imperfection' and what is perfect is also made imperfect by its own 'perfection'...and so, neither concept relates in consanguinity within the whole 'God paradigm'.

There are things which are hidden, obscured, occulted and esoteric...yet they are in full and plain sight for all to see...and yet, they will remain hidden, invisible, ignored and occulted because many others are just not ready to see the nose that was on their face all along, no matter how 'perfect' or 'imperfect' they think it is.

So, we leave our writings...our understandings in and on such a media, in the hope that in another 1,000 years, the humans of that time may somehow stumble across it and uncover these things, because they just weren't meant to be heard by the current generation.

I agree on behalf of those who believe there's a god out there up in the sky somewhere or invisible but all around us. Looking at the state of the world and how humanity in particular has panned out, "he" - it's always assumed he's a he, has come up with a seriously flawed design - keeps trying, one must admit, looking at our evolutionary pattern. Has to be a male. No goddess would come up with such a mess.

I mean, how come he produced the devil and evil? Because if he was the true creator then he's the source of such things. Even an exoteric read of Genesis tells you that. I mean, where did this serpent come from? Answer: God created it. What a nasty plot therefore to pit a naive untutored pair of people against it without equipping them to deal with the situation. If this god is capable of that "he's" capable of anything nasty.

But that also gives me a clue that the Judeo-Christian god wasn't the One True Creator and why I'm gnostic. The universe is a physical thing. It seems a wild stretch of belief that in that physical phase it cares for, plans for, regulates anyone's actions here on this planet. It simply doesn't. My life is but a blip on its timeline. But there is the inner universe, inner worlds through which we can travel if we have time and inclination.

And to that extent I believe the One True Creator, The Monad, is indifferent. It doesn't give a toss that I'm unwell and couldn't make Zumba this morning or what I buy when I shop later on.

I tend to the Qabalistic view, the Tree of Life that does at least acknowledge a chain of emanations that finally led to me/us on this physical world. It also tells that "this physical world" is part of the spiritual whole if we choose to see it that way. Our feet on this, the lowest of emanations, we can explore anywhere within as we choose. There's no separate 5D or anything like it, it's all part of the same - depends where we look.

The god of the Bible is seen as a demiurge by "hard line gnostics" LOL. An aberration that grabbed power to which it was not entitled; which is why its design is flawed and we all have to reach purity within ourselves.

But these are just my views.

Old 11-12-2017, 01:22 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
I agree on behalf of those who believe there's a god out there up in the sky somewhere or invisible but all around us. Looking at the state of the world and how humanity in particular has panned out, "he" - it's always assumed he's a he, has come up with a seriously flawed design - keeps trying, one must admit, looking at our evolutionary pattern. Has to be a male. No goddess would come up with such a mess.

I mean, how come he produced the devil and evil? Because if he was the true creator then he's the source of such things. Even an exoteric read of Genesis tells you that. I mean, where did this serpent come from? Answer: God created it. What a nasty plot therefore to pit a naive untutored pair of people against it without equipping them to deal with the situation. If this god is capable of that "he's" capable of anything nasty.

But that also gives me a clue that the Judeo-Christian god wasn't the One True Creator and why I'm gnostic. The universe is a physical thing. It seems a wild stretch of belief that in that physical phase it cares for, plans for, regulates anyone's actions here on this planet. It simply doesn't. My life is but a blip on its timeline. But there is the inner universe, inner worlds through which we can travel if we have time and inclination.

And to that extent I believe the One True Creator, The Monad, is indifferent. It doesn't give a toss that I'm unwell and couldn't make Zumba this morning or what I buy when I shop later on.

I tend to the Qabalistic view, the Tree of Life that does at least acknowledge a chain of emanations that finally led to me/us on this physical world. It also tells that "this physical world" is part of the spiritual whole if we choose to see it that way. Our feet on this, the lowest of emanations, we can explore anywhere within as we choose. There's no separate 5D or anything like it, it's all part of the same - depends where we look.

The god of the Bible is seen as a demiurge by "hard line gnostics" LOL. An aberration that grabbed power to which it was not entitled; which is why its design is flawed and we all have to reach purity within ourselves.

But these are just my views.

When Morpheus handed out the pills before this birth, most decided to take the blue pill, whilst only a very few took the red pill...and then a select limited few said; "I'll just skip the meds this turn around and enjoy the ride".

God created man, but man created everything else then blamed God for it, so as not to take any personal responsibility for their actions and then came up with this concept called 'free will' to explain it (and to cover their own a$$).

I guess though to see anything as 'perfect' or 'imperfect'....'good' or 'evil'...'Devil' or 'God' is only the duality of limited concepts within the human mind, when what exists as an all-pervading Universal Consciousness is beyond all human terms of duality in any regard.
Old 12-12-2017, 09:18 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
'God' as we understand him/her/it to be is, as you say, imperfect. This is because 'God' is evolving with everything else, it is so to say the energy behind the process of evolution. There are no mistakes - only trail and error based upon a megamultitude of experiences. Everything is flowing and moves according to trillions of wishes. At the moment we are where we are. Together with 'God'. Nothing else.

Thanks so much Bushy! This is exactly what I was trying to express

So cool actually because I just awoke from dream state where I was shown all sorts of geometric shapes - as thought forms and how the universe is forever making micro - alterations to affect the 'whole'... there is a 'plan' within the larger conciousness which we are all a part of but the movement to get there is ever evolving... the 'thought forms' are forever changing to suit the needs of itself... I guess lol...
I am fresh from this dream vision and express myself in a feelings heart based manner haha... so I apologise if my expression is a bit choppy and changeable at times!

Thanks so much!
Old 12-12-2017, 11:00 PM
Master

Quote:

emeraldheart,

For a deeper immersion re 'made in God's image' consider this which I just posted on a different thread:

" Some Orthodox theologians make a distinction of being made in the image of God vs. being made in the likeness of God. Basically they assert that being made in the image of God means that man has the potential to become like God. This means that man has free will, a sense of reason, and a sense of moral responsibility. Actual likeness of God can only be achieved by degrees. They say, for example, that the likeness of Christ consists of truth, meekness, righteousness, humility and love of mankind. These are acquired and developed traits....thus they come by degrees. God became like man through the incarnation while for man to become like God he must access the Holy Spirit. "