Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 04-12-2017, 03:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by django
Jesus in the bible is quoted as saying "Seek the Kingdom within". This doesn't seem to square with Christianity's promotion of 'have faith in Jesus' and surrender to Jesus as the way, yet this seems to be the majority Christian view still.

What would happen if I told a normal Christian that I was seeking the Kingdom within, just as Jesus said in the bible?

Would 'good' Christians think me foolish, or even evil?

Is it better to just shut up?

It depends on which Christians you are talking to.

Eastern orthodoxy believes in Theosis which is being one with the light. The Symeon the New Theologian talks about this a lot.

If you look more recent Father Thomas Keeting promotes Centering prayer which is meditation and is all about going within.

Quote:
“Let no one deceive you! God is light (11) and to those who have entered into union with Him He imparts of His own brightness to the extent that they have been purified. When the lamp of the soul, that is the mind, has been kindled, then it knows that a divine fire has taken hold of it and inflamed it. How great a marvel! Man is united to God spiritually and physically, since the soul is not separated from the mind, neither the body from the soul… It is evident that just as the Father abides in His own Son (12) and the Son in His Father’s bosom (13) by nature, so those who have been born anew through the divine Spirit (14) and by His gift have become the brothers of Christ our God and sons of God and gods by adoption, by grace abide in God and God in them (15).”

St Symeon The New Theologian And Messalianism

For a Christian saint... that is a pretty amazing quote...
Old 04-12-2017, 04:16 PM
Master
Jesus didn't just say ' The kingdom of God is within ' he said it is outside also...

The within is individuality
The outside is collectively.
That's how I see it anyway
Old 04-12-2017, 04:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Jesus didn't just say ' The kingdom of God is within ' he said it is outside also...

The within is individuality
The outside is collectively.
That's how I see it anyway

Outside is from the Gospel of Thomas.

Quote:
3. Jesus said, "If your leaders say to you, 'Look, the (Father's) kingdom is in the sky,' then the birds of the sky will precede you. If they say to you, 'It is in the sea,' then the fish will precede you. Rather, the (Father's) kingdom is within you and it is outside you. When you know yourselves, then you will be known, and you will understand that you are children of the living Father. But if you do not know yourselves, then you live in poverty, and you are the poverty."

To me this is about oneness or more specifically non dual.

Quote:
50. Jesus said, "If they say to you, 'Where have you come from?' say to them, 'We have come from the light, from the place where the light came into being by itself, established [itself], and appeared in their image.' If they say to you, 'Is it you?' say, 'We are its children, and we are the chosen of the living Father.' If they ask you, 'What is the evidence of your Father in you?' say to them, 'It is motion and rest.'"

Just my take anyways.
Old 04-12-2017, 05:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
Outside is from the Gospel of Thomas.

To me this is about oneness or more specifically non dual.

Just my take anyways.

Different versions of the gospels use different words, outside, among, in your midst and all around you, not just the gospel of Thomas.
Old 04-12-2017, 05:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Different versions of the gospels use different words, outside, among, in your midst and all around you, not just the gospel of Thomas.

You just love to argue.

Please show a version of the bible saying that heaven is within and without.
Old 04-12-2017, 06:12 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
You just love to argue.

Please show a version of the bible saying that heaven is within and without.

Argue ??????? That came from you. Mybe you need to look within.
Old 04-12-2017, 06:18 PM
Master
The kingdom of heaven.

http://biblehub.com/luke/17-21.htm
Old 04-12-2017, 06:39 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Argue ??????? That came from you. Mybe you need to look within.

Hi sky,

Your post make sense. What's kingdom within or oneness? Why not related or relationship is more real and appropriate word to use than oneness. Oneness is abstract noun in here and it's absurd then it can't be done. Kingdom within is only for the mindset of him with that ability but not that he's universe and universe is him.

I can put the universe inside me and my spirit to dissolve into the universe but I can't say that's oneness. That's only relationship or related. And no one can perform like me or Creator. He's the universe and universe is him.

What Jesus saying he's here or there is to be not attached from nagging by others not that he's exacting himself by that condition of ability. What he can is kind of performance and it isn't concern of oneness.

When someone said, "God is light". Human never see God and that's guessing work.That's a wrong assumption. God isn't light. The founder God of Christianity is Angels family God then he has Godly physical flesh. All human can imagine is wrong. Then how can the truth be "God is light"?

Jesus said, he's the light of the world. He means, he's the "hope of human". He can shine to the hope of human.
Old 04-12-2017, 07:19 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Bong
Hi sky,

Your post make sense. What's kingdom within or oneness? Why not related or relationship is more real and appropriate word to use than oneness. Oneness is abstract noun in here and it's absurd then it can't be done. Kingdom within is only for the mindset of him with that ability but not that he's universe and universe is him.

I can put the universe inside me and my spirit to dissolve into the universe but I can't say that's oneness. That's only relationship or related. And no one can perform like me or Creator. He's the universe and universe is him.

What Jesus saying he's here or there is to be not attached from nagging by others not that he's exacting himself by that condition of ability. What he can is kind of performance and it isn't concern of oneness.

When someone said, "God is light". Human never see God and that's guessing work.That's a wrong assumption. God isn't light. The founder God of Christianity is Angels family God then he has Godly physical flesh. All human can imagine is wrong. Then how can the truth be "God is light"?

Jesus said, he's the light of the world. He means, he's the "hope of human". He can shine to the hope of human.

Yes it does make sense to me Jeremy.
If it's within or without, amongst or in the midst is not important as long as you find it that's what matters.
Old 04-12-2017, 07:33 PM
Master
Angelus: the Kingdom of God is already in our midst, 04.12.2016

The meaning of the Kingdom of God, to which John the Baptist invites us to convert, was the theme chosen by the Holy Father for his habitual reflection before the Sunday Angelus today. With the same words as the Baptist, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand”, Jesus starts His mission in Galilee; and gives the announcement that will bring the disciples on their first missionary experience.

“This word is very important”, explained Francis. “‘The Kingdom of God is among you’, says Jesus. And John announces that Jesus will say later: ‘The kingdom of God has come, has arrived, is in your midst’. This is the central message of all Christian mission. When a missionary, a Christian, goes to proclaim Jesus, he does not go to proselytise, as if he were a fan looking for more followers for his team. No, he simply goes to announce: ‘The kingdom of God is among you’. And in this way the missionary prepares the way for Jesus, Who encounters His people”.

“But what is this Kingdom of God, the Kingdom of Heaven? They are synonyms”, said the Holy Father. “We immediately think of something to do with the afterlife: eternal life. Of course, this is true, God’s Kingdom will extend endlessly beyond earthly life, but the good news that Jesus brings – and that John anticipates – is that we do not need to await this Kingdom of God in the future: it is already present and we are able to experience right now this spiritual power. ‘The kingdom of God is among you’, Jesus will say. God comes to establish His dominion in our history, in each day, in our life; and where it is accepted with faith and humility, love, joy and peace flourish”.

The condition for entering this Kingdom and becoming part of it is to “make a change in our lives, that is, to convert.

This in a good explaination.