Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 22-08-2015, 04:52 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceField
It is possible that these contacts are genuine, and possible that there is some kind of delusion or deception taking place. There is a degree of belief involved in interpreting the experience, and so the distinction between these two possibilities is opinion, as a degree of insight higher than that which humans seem to be capable of is necessary for something like this to be known in an absolute sense, for the nature of deception and delusion is that one is unaware of it, and the possibility of deception and delusion is always present, even if its unlikely or improbable. Of course, the opinion I was originally speaking of relates to the OP's question of how long the deceased stick around, rather than whether or not they even do.

Apologies for my confusion on the opinion you were originally speaking of.

lol, sorry, but I will just have to agree to disagree with you
on the " some kind of delusion or deception taking place " .

thanks for sharing your opinion and for listening to mine
Old 22-08-2015, 04:55 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelld24
Thanks guys. Yeah I used to have conversations in my head daily with past loved ones especially my mum. But One day I thought, maybe its just me talking to myself lol. I thought we spoke multiple times on the phone everyday, so why wouldn't we keep talking. Then I thought wait a minute, im holding her back talking about nonsence lol. So I held back and thought shed get in touch when she wants to but not felt anything for a while

sometimes it might feel like you are just talking to yourself, I used to question that when talking with my spirit guides..... but then, they or my deceased loved ones will say something that is so totally them, or that I know I wouldn't say or speak a certain way.... and you just know it is real !

but everyone is different and I do leave the window open for other's who don't believe the same as I do, just sharing my thoughts and experiences
Old 22-08-2015, 06:05 PM
Master

What I found when my father died was he was just EVERYWHERE! It drove me mad (sorry dad but it did). I remember thinking at his funeral that he shouldn't really be loitering by his coffin. It felt like he was attached to me like a limpet. Eventually I saw a medium and he delivered a message - he wanted to apologise for being a rubbish father. I had forgiven him already, I had previously understood and found the wherewithall to forgive.

Sometimes he is here, sometimes he is gone. Sometimes he is very close. Sometimes he reaches out with music, or a scent, or a memory. Other times, I'm very conscious of his presence. I get annoyed when he is in the car with me and I'm driving along as I find that a little distracting. He finds it funny.

I've learnt a different relationship with him. You can't replace the physical presence but as Blue Tiger says, it is like a celestial telephone and I trust (key word) that he hears my every thought and word.
Old 22-08-2015, 09:13 PM
Burntfruit

A clutch of my family died within a few years and felt their presence. My great aunt laughing, my great uncle talking about smoking - I think they were all together with my mum. also felt the presence of an elderly neighbour - but she passed away much longer.
Old 22-08-2015, 11:12 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrienne
Apologies for my confusion on the opinion you were originally speaking of.

lol, sorry, but I will just have to agree to disagree with you
on the " some kind of delusion or deception taking place " .

thanks for sharing your opinion and for listening to mine

No apologies necessary!

An idea that embodies my point about delusion and deception very nicely is the following: It is possible that we are all disembodied brains in vats hooked up to a consensus holographic illusory reality simulation, all the while believing that we are actually in physical bodies having a real experience of a solid objective world. This cannot be disproven and must be considered as a possibility, despite how unlikely it may seem, if one is to be intellectually honest. It is the nature of delusion and deception to be deluded and deceived by whatever the source of it happens to be, logically leading to the conclusion that one does not know when delusion and deception is taking place, unless it is revealed after the fact. Part of being open minded is accepting all possibilities, not just the ones that fit in with one's world view and biases.
Old 23-08-2015, 12:03 AM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Just wondering your thoughts. How long do loved ones stick around/visit.

I thought they maybe watched over family till they passed (2nd generation tho???)
How often are visits ??? Moving on ??

I felt mums presence so much in first year now feels like once in a blue moon. Just wondering thoughts/ experience etc

Xxxx

On one level, a real true loved one never leaves us and we never leave them. And yes, they remain in some sort of link with us, even though they are in 'their world' and we are in 'ours' for a while longer.

But from my own experience, I have found that as time goes by for us here, there are certain things which seem to separate us sometimes. Not on the deeper level, but on what appears to be a daily basis. I think that sense of separation comes from a lack of attunement to them.
They are busy and doing things there. That doesn't stop them also looking in on us from time to time (or maybe time has nothing to do with it!)

But we get distracted. We get on with our lives. There is nothing wrong with that. It's considered healing from grieving to be able to continue with our lives after a loved one has passed.
Also, our loved ones in Spirit see and appreciate (far more than they would have done when they lived physically) -how important our life experiences are to us. And that the choices we make and the paths we take must be 'ours'. Our own choice and freewill. And that we must get on with the nitty-gritty of our everyday lives.

But though we don't forget them, we sometimes forget to go still and attune to them with love. Just 'clear the decks' of our busy lives sometimes, and go to that secret sacred space in the Heart where we can send a message of love.
Those 'messages' are always received, appreciated, and often replied to.
Listen, send your pure love, and be still sometimes.
Old 26-08-2015, 03:21 AM
Searcher347

Quote:
Just wondering your thoughts. How long do loved ones stick around/visit.

I thought they maybe watched over family till they passed (2nd generation tho???)
How often are visits ??? Moving on ??

I felt mums presence so much in first year now feels like once in a blue moon. Just wondering thoughts/ experience etc

Xxxx

Based on what I found they stick around a few days to help those they left behind deal with their passing then move on with their studies. If you need them they can and do come back to visit you throughout your life here. The traditional view of the afterlife is completely wrong.