Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 20-11-2012, 11:17 PM
Aidan108

Color Everyday Disconnection

As my first true post on here I thought I'd jump straight to my main 'area of interest' and try to see if anyone has had a similar experience!

I've always had an interest in spirituality since I was very young but in the last few years I've begun to actively try and develop my understanding in my daily life by trying to find out all I possibly can about anything I can!
This usually takes the form of researching interpretation/thoughts of the afterlife due to what I can only describe as a fascination with the "other side" and it's here where I constantly try to learn more and more!

A few months ago I was walking to meet my girlfriend and as it often does I randomly started going through the subject in my head in terms of what would logically happen step-by-step at death and what I can only describe as a barrier in my mind stopped me from going any further. At the time and ever since I had a feeling of certainty that I was just about to remember/realise 'something' but my mind physcially stopped it from happening so much so that I stopped walking and wondered what had just gone through my mind.

I've tried to get to that stage since and everytime I do it happens again where my throughts just suddenly shut down and I feel as if something is stopping me from going any further on my mental journey!

I was just wondering if anyone else has had anything similar or knows if this is a type of AP or similar because I honestly can't figure it out myself!

Thanks very much,
Aidan
Old 21-11-2012, 11:09 AM
Quagmire

I once had the urge to find out he meaning of life and went searching. The inner cosmos past by me in an incredible speed. I felt as if I was just at the edge of where I would discover it when this being came up in front of me and told me that the answer would not help me. I was so awed by this being that I just stopped looking and went back. Later I have found what the answer is to/for me, but maybe you are getting blocked because you are not ready yet or the answer will not help you.
Old 21-11-2012, 04:52 PM
Aidan108

I think that's exactly what happened with me, I'm just too much of a newbie to realise it was something other than myself !
Hopefully in time I'll be more open to understanding and progressing spiritually as you have
Old 21-11-2012, 04:56 PM
Quagmire

Im not claiming anything I can miss a sign or two down the path as easily as any. Though I am getting more and more adept/comfortable with understanding the signs shown to me, yet I still have to notice them first don't I.
Old 21-11-2012, 05:03 PM
Aidan108

In the last few months it's been a lot easier for me by taking a more relaxed attitude to everything and not trying to force meaning on things that aren't there, it's amazing how rewarding just taking a step back can be

Btw, I LOVE your signature hahaha! Farnsworth is just the best!
Old 21-11-2012, 05:04 PM
Deactivated Account

hi Aidan,

I would have to agree with him, " maybe you are getting blocked because you are not ready yet or the answer will not help you "

blessings,
Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction

Last edited by arive nan : 13-07-2013 at 07:17 AM.
Old 21-11-2012, 06:28 PM
Aidan108

I think I just need to focus on not getting things right away and take the more gradual approach , nothing happens before it's ready to!

xxx
Old 21-11-2012, 06:29 PM
Deactivated Account

You're welcome

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 22-11-2012, 09:34 AM
Quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidan108
In the last few months it's been a lot easier for me by taking a more relaxed attitude to everything and not trying to force meaning on things that aren't there, it's amazing how rewarding just taking a step back can be

Btw, I LOVE your signature hahaha! Farnsworth is just the best!

I have the saying: sometimes patience is the fastest way to travel. So stepping back is great wisdom. I think it is in the movie Labyrinth there is a quote about sometimes the way forward is backward (or something like that). Or is it sometimes the way forward is a step back. I am not sure I remember it precisely but I think you get the picture.

Especially I love that episode the quote is from where he makes his own clone and explains how the engine on the spaceship works came to him in a dream and then he forgot it in another
Old 22-11-2012, 06:24 PM
Master
I think I just need to focus on not getting things right away and take the more gradual approach...

I think you're right, Aidan. One step at a time... This one.

Xan