Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Welcome to Spiritual Forums > Forum Help

Old 21-01-2016, 04:23 AM
Master
I still have the same problem, and I discovered that when the New Post drop-down stops working, I 'clear cache' and it starts working again. Does anyone know about the 'cache' and why that might cause my problem?
Old 21-01-2016, 06:27 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I still have the same problem, and I discovered that when the New Post drop-down stops working,
This is a new problem in my perspective. If this was the problem all along then I had been misunderstanding the problem.

You click on "New Posts" link in Firefox and it doesn't bring the drop-down menu? As I understand from this:
"the New Post drop-down stops working"

Or it does bring the drop-down menu but the menu items: "Previous Visit / Day / Week / Month" don't work? As I understand from this:
(paraphrased) "All the 'new post' drop downs...have stopped working."

At one place you're saying "drop-down" which for me means the drop-down menu. At another place you're saying "drop downs" (plural) which for me means the various options inside the drop-down menu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
That one doesn't work either
What do you mean by "doesn't work"? When you click the link ( http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/se...hp?do=getdaily ) it shows some error, if yes then what error? Doesn't it show you a list of recent threads?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I cleared cookies and it's working
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I 'clear cache' and it starts working again.
So clearing cookies and clearing cache, both independent ways are solving the same problem (temporary)?
Old 22-01-2016, 01:54 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by kralaro
This is a new problem in my perspective. If this was the problem all along then I had been misunderstanding the problem.

You click on "New Posts" link in Firefox and it doesn't bring the drop-down menu? As I understand from this:
"the New Post drop-down stops working"

Or it does bring the drop-down menu but the menu items: "Previous Visit / Day / Week / Month" don't work? As I understand from this:
(paraphrased) "All the 'new post' drop downs...have stopped working."

At one place you're saying "drop-down" which for me means the drop-down menu. At another place you're saying "drop downs" (plural) which for me means the various options inside the drop-down menu.

What do you mean by "doesn't work"? When you click the link ( http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/se...hp?do=getdaily ) it shows some error, if yes then what error? Doesn't it show you a list of recent threads?

So clearing cookies and clearing cache, both independent ways are solving the same problem (temporary)?

Clearing cookies does not solve the problem. I tested all the clear functions one by one, and only clear cache fixes the problem (for a short time).

When I click the link that you posted, I get the standard 'Sorry - no matches" message:

Spiritual Forums vBulletin Message Welcome, Gem.
You last visited: Today at 08:32 AM

vBulletin Message
Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.

Forum Jump

All times are GMT +11. The time now is 12:44 PM.

In regards to Chrome and other search engines there is no drop down menu but it shows new posts (since last log in I think).

In regards to Firefox there is a drop down menu but the four options there in do not work (unless I clear cache).
Old 22-01-2016, 06:19 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
When I click the link that you posted, I get the standard 'Sorry - no matches" message:
Which browser?

If Firefox then:
Have you installed any kind of internet speed booster or internet optimizer addon on Firefox? Or installed such program on your computer? If not consciously installed then any mallware present on Firefox or computer which claims to boost / optimize your internet?
Old 23-01-2016, 08:40 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by kralaro
Which browser?

If Firefox then:
Have you installed any kind of internet speed booster or internet optimizer addon on Firefox? Or installed such program on your computer? If not consciously installed then any mallware present on Firefox or computer which claims to boost / optimize your internet?

Nothing I'm aware of but I might try reinstall mozilla and see what happens, and I'll run malwarebytes as well
Old 23-01-2016, 10:36 AM
Ascender
I asked because seems to me that your browser is caching URL redirection.

In my opinion:
When logged in to SF, this link ( http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/se...hp?do=getdaily ) redirects to this type of URL ( http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/se...archid=1743305 ). After a while the older searchid "1743305" expires, and when you click on the 1st link ( http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/se...hp?do=getdaily ) again, a new URL is generated with an incremented searchid. Maybe your browser is caching (remembering) that the 1st link redirects to ...searchid=1743305 and when you click on the 1st link next time then your browser instead of trying to open the 1st link it's automatically redirecting to ...searchid=1743305, without consulting SF website.

You can try checking if the above is happening by:
first clearing your cache,
then accessing 1st link: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/se...hp?do=getdaily
Above is working now right? If yes then proceed: (if no then tell me)
Note down which searchid it redirected to, like searchid=1743307.
Work normally on SF as you do. Use only the 1st link ( http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/se...hp?do=getdaily ) to check for new posts.
Then after a while the 1st link ( http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/se...hp?do=getdaily ) stops working, that's the problem right?
When the link stops working, note the searchid it's generating. If the searchid is still the same then it may mean that your browser is caching URL redirection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Nothing I'm aware of but I might try reinstall mozilla and see what happens, and I'll run malwarebytes as well
You can try running Firefox in safe mode (help -> restart with add-ons disabled).
Old 23-01-2016, 01:20 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem

It's been working since I did this, so well see how long it lasts.

Thatnks for all your time, Kralaro
Old 28-01-2016, 03:25 PM
Master
Just thought I'd be one more person reporting that only very recently (last 24 hours or so) have I noticed the same issue. The New Posts drop-down menu showed, but choices (for since previous visit, and previous day) led nowhere - frustrating!

BTW, I use Firefox 44.0, with Google as my most frequent browser.

Yes, clearing the cache solved the problem. But I've been coming here to SF for quite a few years, and have been using Firefox 44.0 for most of that time. This wasn't a typical problem for me here at SF. So why has it begun to be a problem? that's the intriguing question.
Old 28-01-2016, 09:03 PM
Administrator
Hello

I am having the same issues, I have been looking into the solution for this issue.

Lynn
SF Admin
Old 29-01-2016, 01:24 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanemon
Just thought I'd be one more person reporting that only very recently (last 24 hours or so) have I noticed the same issue. The New Posts drop-down menu showed, but choices (for since previous visit, and previous day) led nowhere - frustrating!

BTW, I use Firefox 44.0, with Google as my most frequent browser.

Yes, clearing the cache solved the problem. But I've been coming here to SF for quite a few years, and have been using Firefox 44.0 for most of that time. This wasn't a typical problem for me here at SF. So why has it begun to be a problem? that's the intriguing question.

I uninstalled firefox and then reinstalled it and it's been working since then (touch wood).