Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astrology > Astronomy

Old 21-05-2013, 07:57 AM
Pathfinder
Comet ISON

Theres a comet arriving end of this year. At the moment its just inside orbit of Jupiter, is 5 kilometers across, and releasing 51 tonnes of debris and dust per minute. It will be visible in southern hemisphere October, but especially November until the 28th when it goes around the sun. It will pass within one of suns diameter distance as it goes around the sun. Then will only be visible in northern hemisphere. If is does not melt away and break into pieces, its promised to put on a spectacular show, visible bright as the moon in the day, and during the night have a huge tail visible into maybe mid January... WOW...

I'll add more info later...
January 12th the earth will pass through where the comet tail was. The NASA video says there will be tiny dust that will probably fall to earth over the years unnoticed. Personally I think theres a conspiracy happening. I do not believe in conspiracy... etc etc, but I'm saying logically there is, because earth passed through where Haleys comet was this month which peaked at 100 meteors per hour. There are other comets also, which peak at 30 50 or whatever per hour on a particular day of the year every year. So it should be interesting... wait and see.
Old 21-05-2013, 10:15 AM
beansi

Hi Trinity Blue
really good post, thanks for the info. Shall look forward to that...yeh.. gonna be WOW!.....LOL
P.S What do you mean by conspiracy?
Old 21-05-2013, 06:44 PM
Master
Has anyone noted the incoming on May 31st? Past the Moon's distance, alot closer than Mars.
Dark, burnt, "sooty", and more than a mile wide.

In the mix here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6j4bl57D_1U

Also, A boulder sized asteroid hit the moon recently at an estimated 56,000 MPH, and produced the brightest explosion witnessed, thus far. If only for a moment.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 22-05-2013, 08:06 AM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by beansi

P.S What do you mean by conspiracy?

I have make a few more posts before I can post URLs and make myself more clear. But NASA says the tail of ISON is fine dust near invisible. But many many comets leave huge debris trails = 10 - 150 meteors per hour on the peak night of earth going thru where comet tails were.
Old 23-10-2013, 04:09 PM
Master
I've read how Ison is not a returning spectacle. It is believed it had somehow broken away from the outer Oort cloud of debris, and will be a first time visitor to our local Cosmos.
Interesting to see what will happen after it orbits the sun.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 24-10-2013, 03:29 PM
Master
Well....

This was pretty interesting to me.

I go to the Library once in a while to look through the DVD and Video collection.
This book stood out on displahy, "The prophet and the Astronomer", which I brought home.

Began reading a couple of days later, and on pages 8-9 the author /astronomer speaks of the earliest recorded writing on astronomical prophecy.

Comet ISON is expected to appear fully in December. It's reported that it is a first time visitor to our local Cosmos, which is expected to appear in the sky, very possibly being as bright as the Moon, after an orbit around the Sun.

In the book, the earliest astronomical prophecy is sourced in ancient Babylon, and states that
"when the comet reaches the path of the Sun, then "Gan-ba" will be diminished, an uproar will happen twice".

The Gan-ba has unknown meaning, but presumably as the author writes,
"it is not a good thing to have diminished".

Perhaps it may refer to "control", balance of power, or peace, on the Earth? Just saying.
RE: "The Prophet and the Astronomer", Marcelo Gleiser, Professor of Philosophy and Astronomy at Dartmouth College, published in 2001.
http://books.google.com/books/about/The_Prophet_and_the_Astronomer.html?id=GUIpFrbSZt0 C

Speaking of the Moon, I was out overnight, and in the early morning, and noted how sizable Orion traversed the night sky with the bright Moon positioned over his head, as he crossed.

Old 26-10-2013, 08:25 AM
Master
From the book, on the topic of Religion and Science.

"We need both pursuits, and closing the door to either leads only to confusion.
Just as it is absurd to say the Earth is six thousand years old, it also does not make sense to say that science has all the answers, or even that it is capable of having all the answers. Some questions simply don't apply to science."

Page 14.

On page 21. Re: Revelation - The author writes:

" After the seventh seal was opened the angel 'took the censor [ he was holding in front of God's throne ] and filled it with fire from the alter and threw it on the earth; and there were peals of thunder, rumblings flashes of lighting, and an earthquake. (Revelation 8:5)'
The image of a censor filled with fire being thrown on the earth is strongly evocative of a comet or a large shooting star."

"The Prophet and the Astronomer" - Professor Marcelo Gleiser. Published 2001.

Old 26-10-2013, 09:18 AM
Master

I'm hoping this will be spectacular to look at though I think it's being predicted now it may not be as bright as once thought. Apparently you can see it now if you have a telescope.
Old 26-10-2013, 01:44 PM
Master
Yes. I read that.

Old 27-10-2013, 04:23 PM
Master
"Sun unleashed one of its strongest solar flares, sparking temporary radio blackoutIncreased activity has led to stronger solar flares coming from the sun since Wednesday
The strongest flare came early Friday morning, and caused a temporary radio blackout