Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 12-02-2013, 06:25 PM
Newbie ;)

Binaural beat questions

Hi every one. I have newly joined and I plan to compose a more detailed introduction in this AP thread in addition to the welcome thread so people can become more acquainted with me but in the meantime I have a few questions about binaural beats. I'm excited to find out about them from reading this forum and I am anxious to see if they will help me enter the vibrational state much easier and more frequently. Two questions come to mind.

1. Does volume matter and is louder better?

2. I've downloaded one and because I have about a 95% hearing loss in one ear, I have used audio editing software on my computer to boost one side up tremendously and the other side down. I am hopeful that I can hear enough now to achieve the necessary stereo effect using both ears. The problem is that it's not close to being a scientific method and it's very unlikely that I have an equal balance. Do you believe it can still be effective without equal balance?
Old 12-02-2013, 07:22 PM
Knower

volume doesn't matter, as long as its comfortable for you.. now, if you lost hearing in one ear, I wouldn't try to jeopardize the other one by going too high on the volume. Especially, with binaural beats they're pretty loud and make you vibrate a lot. I'm afraid it will do more harm than help you out.
Old 13-02-2013, 01:33 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaykay
Hi every one. I have newly joined and I plan to compose a more detailed introduction in this AP thread in addition to the welcome thread so people can become more acquainted with me but in the meantime I have a few questions about binaural beats. I'm excited to find out about them from reading this forum and I am anxious to see if they will help me enter the vibrational state much easier and more frequently. Two questions come to mind.

1. Does volume matter and is louder better?

2. I've downloaded one and because I have about a 95% hearing loss in one ear, I have used audio editing software on my computer to boost one side up tremendously and the other side down. I am hopeful that I can hear enough now to achieve the necessary stereo effect using both ears. The problem is that it's not close to being a scientific method and it's very unlikely that I have an equal balance. Do you believe it can still be effective without equal balance?

I have been using Binaural beats for over a year and they really make a huge difference in my projecting. Without them I would probably project a few times a month at best, with them I can project a few times a night on good nights. The volume doesn't necessarily matter unless they are too low, then it's possible you will not get the full effect. They cannot be too loud by any means though. Lastly the ear balance thing might pose a problem for you. As I am sure you know the way they work is by playing different frequencies in each ear, and so not having the ability to hear as well in one ear might pose a problem for you. Doing what you have suggested and turning one side up and one side down will hopefully solve the problem. I know that when I fall asleep listening to a Binaural beat and wake up to find that one of my ear buds has fallen out rarely do I have a projection. They both have to stay in otherwise it just doesn't seem to work as well. If Binaurals don't work you might want to give Isochronics a shot. They don't need to be played through headphones and you play them outloud like regular music, hopefully your brain will balance it out naturally and both ears will receive enough of the frequency to have the intended effect. Obviously I cannot say for sure, but it's always worth a try if the Binaurals don't work.
Old 13-02-2013, 04:02 AM
Newbie ;)

Thanks Lostchild88 and Astral Explorer for your replies. As I said I only learned of them recently from this forum and it was your experience and endorsement, Astral Explorer, that got me so excited about them. I'm just starting up again seriously after a VERY long period of spiritual inactivity and 1-3 Vibrational states/ month was exactly all I could manage in the past. The thought of being able to enter into it once a night is incredible.

It's interesting to know that the volume level isn't a critical factor for Binaural beats to be effective and I appreciate that answer. I do anticipate a problem though as it relates to my severe hearing loss in one ear and not being able to achieve the adequate stereo effect. I worry that trying to compensate for it by audio editing the mp3 file on my computer so one side is 20 times louder than the other may not work because, first, the pre-designed audio balance might not be meant to be altered and second the sound quality in the blasted side is badly effected. But I will try. At this point I'm not even sure I can return to a vibrational state and project anyway even with the necessary meditation discipline.

Thanks also for the suggestion of Isochronics. I will inform myself of that as well.