Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 06-02-2013, 12:06 AM
Maurice

My first OBE

Hi everyone,
I came across this forum yesterday while looking for spiritual meditation discussions.

I thought I'd share my first OBE experience I had two days ago and ask a few questions.

I've been meditating (usually third eye stuff) on and off for the past few years.
Recently, I came across an article about self inducing OBE. It described the process and how to do it. One of the main thing that was instructed was to stop all the chatter and thinking in your head until you reach the vibrational phase. Stopping my thoughts is something I'm very good at and decided to give it a try.

So when bedtime came along, I laid down on the bed making sure to make myself comfortable. I then put myself in my usual meditative state. I stopped myself from thinking and turned off all the chatter in my head.
Soon I began to feel extremely comfortable in the blackness of everything with my eyes shut.
Suddenly this huge pulsating wave was just everywhere. All around me and inside of me. I was part of it. There was this loud pulsating hum everywhere, but it didn't bother me one bit. In fact, I felt very comfortable.
At this point, I started to think and was fully aware of what was happening. It was nothing like a dream. It's rare for me to remember my dreams but I remember every moment of this. I was fully aware of what was happening and my thoughts was the same as when I'm awake.

Everything was pitched black but just by feeling, I felt like I knew exactly where in the room I was. I felt I was floating a few inches from the ceiling. Then I told myself, omg, this is it. I'm out of my body! It was the most amazing feeling. No gravity. I was just floating there in darkness and a loud humming pulsating wave. Then I began to move around (my astral body I'm assuming) in the complete darkness. I wanted to know what would happen.
I rotated and kicked my feet down (kinda like swimming upwards) and I shot through the ceiling, going up for a few seconds and then I began to drift back down slowly. This whole time I couldn't believe what was happening. I knew I was detached from my physical body and feeling myself move around, and the sensation of falling down slowly after I went up was absolutely incredible.
This whole time I couldn't see a thing but somehow knew exactly where I was.

After a few minutes of that, I began to drift back down to my physical body. Then I was greeted by sleep paralysis. I already knew this was coming because the instructions I had read earlier that evening mentioned that sleep paralysis is very common with an OBE.

I have had sleep paralysis once many years ago and it scared the **** out of me. This time, it was back and it was the same "monster" again.

As I was lying down, I felt this creature or monster coming closer and closer. It frightened me a little at first, then I realized it was sleep paralysis again. I was already expecting it. The creature came right up to my left side.

At this point, my vision began to work but it wasn't clear and I couldn't see the creature. I was unable to move or speak but I could think clearly like I was awake. The creature then proceeded to sink his teeth into the left side of my abdomen and I felt the same sensation on my left thigh. It was holding me down. I felt worried but wasn't scared. I was already expecting sleep paralysis. I tried to tell it to stop but I couldn't speak. So in my head, I said, "go away. I'm not scared of you". I did this a couple of times and then it stopped.

Then my vision came back completely. I found myself laying side ways facing the right, and I noticed my pillows and blankets were a mess. My blanket had been pulled away and pillows out of place. Also the small lamp near my bed was on. I didn't move at this time. Just had my eyes open.

I thought to myself, WOW, what a trip! Better put my pillows back and go back to sleep. As I was just about to get up to get my stuff together, BAM!, I was back in my physical body again. Laying down on my back, tucked in my blanket and pillows still there and all lights are out.

So when I thought I had returned after the sleep paralysis, I actually hadn't come back yet! Even though everything looked exactly the same other than the lamp being on and pillows and blanket scattered.

I couldn't believe it. I'm guessing I was in my room in a different dimension or something. I really have no clue. It was so real.

I wish I had known that I wasn't back in my physical body at the time so I could go outside and explore this different world. I think that's what put me back into my physical body. I seriously believed that I was already back.

Prior to this, whenever I read about OBE's (other than near death), I always took it with a grain of salt. It was just too hard for me to believe we could travel around in a different world with full awareness, thought and control. It was just hard for me to believe it before.

This is the most incredible thing that's happened to me. I will try this every night before bed.

I tried again last night but couldn't get there. Before I reached the vibrational stage, I fell asleep.

So my question to you guys that induce OBE is, how do you keep yourself awake until you reach the vibrational stage? Any other tips on OBE is greatly appreciated.

For those who do this regularly, does the sleep paralysis stop over time? I just find this uncomfortable.

Well, thanks for reading about my first OBE. This is something I want to become good at. I actually look forward to bedtime now .

Thanks

Maurice
Old 06-02-2013, 01:12 AM
Super Moderator
Maurice, this is fascinating. Yup! You did it. First time...even though there were some weird bits, you handled stuff well by the sound of that

It's a pity though...this post would do so much better up on the "Astral Projection" section (just up the page) There are lots of people go on there who don't always visit other pages here, and who know a heck of a lot about astral projection!
I've had some experience, but not as much as some folk up there....can your post be moved? I've no idea how you do this...maybe you could ask a mod?
Old 06-02-2013, 01:45 AM
Ascender

Interesting that you just knew where you are even though everything was pitch black. Some other accounts of OBE's that I've read, say that you can see all eight corners of the room at the same time. I usually only see the way that I do in-body, which shouldn't make sense and was a little disappointing

I neither keep myself away or asleep, but gradually allow my mind to rest in an altered state of mind. So, I am very deep in that altered state by the time I "come to" and be aware of the pulsating wave, but I can't quite say that it's sleep.

The sleep paralysis might depend on your body chemistry. I suffered from frequent episodes of sleep paralysis, which is part of why I pursued OBE's... and then I found that they sometimes coincide but don't seem to relate to one another. I've had OBE's, but when I have sleep paralysis I can't go out of body. And, most of the time that I've had OBE's don't start or end with sleep paralysis... unless I was experimenting with the meditation (like making my mind sort of bounce between my solar plexus chakra and the ceiling-- not doing that again soon!)
Old 06-02-2013, 03:58 AM
Maurice

Thanks Tobi. I was glad I didn't let the sleep paralysis scare me. The only other time I had it, it terrified me. The creature was only tugging on my blanket the first time. This time it sunk its teeth on me. It didn't hurt but I was able to feel it.

I have PM'd a mod to move this thread over to the AP forum. I had no idea OBE was linked to AP when I posted this and then I read the different categories listed under the AP section. Thanks for the suggestion.

Albalida,
Yeah, it was quite strange. All I know is that I was about 4.5ft above my sleeping body and about 4ft to the left. I'm guessing maybe I'll be able to see more as I do more OBE.
Last night I fell asleep early on in the altered state of mind. Maybe I was letting myself get too relaxed. I think I will focus on something tonight. Now I remember that when I was in that state 2 nights ago when the OBE happened, I was repeating my name very slowly. I didn't do that last night.
I'm going to keep track of my SP as time goes on. The creature is more brave this second time around. Don't know how many other tricks it has in order to try to scare me.

Thanks again for your help guys.
Old 07-02-2013, 06:38 AM
Seeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maurice

For those who do this regularly, does the sleep paralysis stop over time? I just find this uncomfortable.

Well, thanks for reading about my first OBE. This is something I want to become good at. I actually look forward to bedtime now .

Thanks

Maurice

Hey Maurice :) I'm new to AP as well. From the few experiences that I have had and what I have read in books & on this forum is sleep paralysis should go away with time.. Some people don't even experience sleep paralysis. I think AP is slightly different per person, depending on their energy and how "in tune" they are with whats going on & how to handle various issues that arise... There are negative energies that you can encounter as well that will deceive you and such. But always remember that you are in control.

How you handled the sleep paralysis was good. Stay strong and focused.

You might want to try APing' at a different time. I started randomly trying after I am home from work.. I'll lay down and get relaxed.. like taking a cat nap except, I'm not going to nap, I am trying to AP...

I fell asleep a lot on accident when trying to AP before bed... I still try at bedtime too, however, it just depends on how tired I am.. :)
Old 07-02-2013, 12:42 PM
Experiencer

Great first experience Maurice :)

Before my first i still didn't understand some things, i told myself repeatedly that i want to try OBE so i researched like mad.
I found a tool that helped and achieved it within 10 minutes. I could not believe i was out and how real it was, it was like being in another reality, i didn't get to see the monster but i saw it energy building and woke up.
When i was OBE i noticed too that things were exactly the same but moved around and i was trying to put it all back, my hands were bit blurry when in front of me and could not touch anything as my hand just went straight through, it really frustrated me.

First experiences are always the best because its after that moment of opening the eyes physically your whole reality changes, feeling more awake.
Old 08-02-2013, 03:25 AM
Maurice

Hi Emerald :)
Thanks for the suggestion. I will try that. Problem with me is that I love to sleep. I could be laying down on the couch watching TV and just suddenly drift off lol.
I will practice more on being more alert while trying to AP.

I tried again last night with an interesting result. I may have fallen asleep prior, but I'm not sure. All I know is that I was in a meditative state again and then I had sleep paralysis. Third time in my life now.
This time its not the same creature as the first two. It felt like a dark female standing at the head of my bed. I felt her dark and negative energy. I heard her breathing as well. She began choking me. Again, I knew it was SP after the first 5 seconds or so when I realized I couldn't move.
I remember someone mentioning on this forum that when it happens to them, in their mind, they say a particular room in their home and they end up AP'ing there.
In my head, I said "back door", but it made me wake up. The SP basically stopped as soon as I did that.

Do you think this is just a regular SP? I didn't reach the vibrational stage prior to getting the SP.

It's great to hear that SP tend to stop over time.

I also had something last night which I don't know if it was AP or just a dream. I honestly can't remember if this happened before or after the SP because I went back to sleep after the SP.
I felt like a ball of energy inside my workplace. My workplace is located across the street from a club. So I basically zoomed from my workplace about 2ft above the floor past the glass door and I made it outside in the middle of the street and floated just a little bit above everyone's head. It looked very real with people walking around everywhere. All the lights were on. It looked like a busy fri or sat night. After I looked around for a bit, it was over. I did feel in control at the time.
I think I'm going to pass this off as a regular dream because I don't remember reaching the vibrational stage.

Thanks for your help.

Hi Tobane:),
Interesting how you saw the energy during SP. So far all 3 times I've gotten SP now, I can only feel their negative presence and touch.
Yeah, it was amazing when I realized what had happened. I do feel I'm getting closer to reaching the vibrational stage while relaxed. I still need plenty of time and practice.

In that stage when you said things are the same but moved around, do you know where this is? That's what happened to me.
I'm still learning by reading older threads here. Is it one of the lower planes?

Thanks
Old 08-02-2013, 12:11 PM
Experiencer

I was in the lower plane on my first experience, everything was more darker around me and the air was alive and thick, thats the best i could describe.
I OBE most nights and on my travels and its crystal clear and light but i have come across the darkness while traveling and been drawn to it. The lighting when in the state still does not confirm though, its the thoughts that lead you into negativity. You were right to ignore the creature, i sometimes find it hard to keep positive when it happens, i think i can over come it then it catches me by surprise.
One time i had a 10 minute nap, i slipped out smoothly and was in the bedroom, the room was lit up and everything was bright but for one split second a thought popped up, there was an entity that was behind me and it latched onto me, i could not run at all and my solar plexus and heart chakra had like electric volts zapping in me, it felt like i was being disconnected from my body for good, i gained control of my thoughts and imagined myself downstairs and it went.
I thought i was in the higher planes when coming out but infact i was not, it was like a trick, once i managed to get rid of the entity i could see i was in the darkness the whole time.
Old 08-02-2013, 12:42 PM
Super Moderator
Maurice, when you first go out of body you are highly likely to end up in what's called the "Real Time Zone" (that's the subtle dimension right next to the physical plane. This happens to many people. Nothing wrong with this -as such. It's still intriguing. But yes, it is a 'lower plane'. This, in my opinion doesn't necessarily mean one's experiences there have to be 'dark' or threatening. Sometimes they are not, and can be very interesting. But the fact is, on this plane one can encounter all sorts of distortions, (such as when you saw the bedside light on when you knew it was switched off etc)
Also it's possible to encounter entities who basically don't want you out there! You can also encounter Souls who are in a state of wandering about, who either do not want to, or can't, yet transition to the higher planes. Some are not so bad, even interesting, some are well mixed-up! Some are lovely, but aren't ready to go yet (I met my deceased dog there 2 months after she passed from this world. She was perfectly content and happy, obviously there out of a sense of loyalty to me, and not the slightest bit bothered by 'negative forces'! (obviously living in her own quite contented little 'bubble of reality'.

So on this lower plane there are all sorts of things. Some of them can be straightforward unfriendly. However, read some of the posts and threads by "Astral Explorer". (On the Astral Projection section) He has had some fascinating experiences with entities, where he bothered to be respectful of them, instead of just being afraid. And they ended up helping him to visit some levels of the Astral.
(I'm not saying "do the same" ! You have to follow your own gut instinct, and intentions. But his posts make interesting reading.
Old 10-02-2013, 04:58 PM
SandyInfinity

ive been doing AP at 1st it was unwillingly, i would lay on bed when suddenly i would hear a loud zooming and unable to move, i would just pray to wake up because i would see a big dinasour trying to step on me
later i would do AP willingly but would see dark clouds
now i try AP to see other places, sometimes is awesome and sometimes is scary