Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 16-01-2013, 05:20 PM
Lainey

How can you tell whether the entities/people you meet are 'real' or projections of your mind?
Old 16-01-2013, 05:21 PM
Raineco

I'm having similar experiences to other beginner AP's-- what I don't get is what's happening when, like Tobi said:
Quote:
My legs went out, then arms, and I could see just fine, then sat up and got up out of bed

When I recline to meditate/trance, try to AP - I can now feel the subtle body form very quickly, I feel those body parts go to sleep, yet i can still get vague sensations from them like they are somewhere else. But I'm perfectly conscious, I could sit up at any moment, still have control over arms and legs, etc.

So what's happening- is consciousness splitting up? Is PART of my etheric body going out to the astral plane, but I can't yet bring my mind or whole consciousness to it?
Old 18-01-2013, 03:53 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
Astral Explorer...in your opinion could something like that happen when you go out of body, are conscious, and then suddenly everything goes. You wake up later with absolutely no memory of what happened beyond a certain point?

The reason I ask is this morning I decided to try another AP. My legs went out, then arms, and I could see just fine, then sat up and got up out of bed, fully aware and conscious, and heading for the door, mindful of the idea of setting out to fly as soon as I got a little distance from my physical body. Then everything just went....zilch,....nothing at all. I woke up (after having slept) 2 hours later with absolutely no memory beyond the point at which I left my room, but definitely a vague sense of having been somewhere possibly ?? But no memory at all. Not even a dream memory which is unusual.

Tobi I am pretty sure your astral body becomes lifeless once you are back into your physical body. The reason I believe this is because on several occasions after a projection randomly ended or I ended it on purpose when I would go right back to bed or meditation on occasion I would get teleported back to where the projection was ended and I would be either laying on the floor or laying in a bed that someone clearly put me in. A few occasions I was laying in a rolling bed that you would see in a hospital and a bunch of spirits were looking down at me. I think that the astral body becomes lifeless just as you would if you passed out in the physical and eventually on auto-pilot comes back and reintegrates into the physical once you are in the correct state of mind for reintegration. I have witnessed what it's like flying into the planes on auto-pilot, never the reverse side of the coin yet unfortunately.

On another note thought I read in a Robert Bruce book that a lot of failed projections people have are actually successful they just fail to reintegrate and retain recall of the memory. I am not 100% sure how that works or what happens in those situations though unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lainey
How can you tell whether the entities/people you meet are 'real' or projections of your mind?

Ask them questions if they are willing to answer and pay attention to their actions. Constructs usually seem rather mindless, they don't act and react like like something with it's own personality would. They are going to act and react exactly how your subconscious believes they should. Ask them a question that you don't know the answer to and if they tell you an answer that ends up being correct then clearly it is not one of your own constructs. I am not saying it's not one of your higher-self's contructs or another entities, because that's impossible for me to speculate on that. It has always been pretty easy for me to tell what is a construct and what is a real spirit, I have had full out conversations with spirits who told me things I could of never possibly known or even concieved until they told me. Not to mention spirits take me to places in the planes that a construct likely could not.
Old 19-01-2013, 12:22 AM
Lainey

Great, thanks for that, Astral Explorer, that's the most helpful answer I've had!
Old 19-01-2013, 02:15 AM
Master

I found Astral Explorers answer was very helpful as well.
Old 25-01-2013, 05:30 AM
Seeker
Hehe, I haven't really been a member that long, but, it seems Astral Explorer should write a book.. I think I have learned more from his posts and personal experiences than in the book I own on AP. LOL. :)
Old 25-01-2013, 06:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldv
Hehe, I haven't really been a member that long, but, it seems Astral Explorer should write a book.. I think I have learned more from his posts and personal experiences than in the book I own on AP. LOL. :)

You are like the third or fourth person to tell me that so far. Thankfully I have a strong mental memory of almost every profound projection and lucid dream I have had over the past few years. If I took the time to write them down as soon as they ended I would be able to remember all of the fine details though, unfortunately most of my projections happen in the middle of the night and when they end I just want to go to or go back to sleep instead of writing. I honestly have far too many lucid dreams/projections to write them all on here but I try and keep a few people updated on the most important ones. I have had a couple interesting ones over the past two weeks I haven't written about, they are a little contraversial and I don't want to anger someone if they read what I am typing. Part of them to make a long story short a female spirit seems to really like me and has asked me to be her boyfriend, of course I had to decline because I am alive and Human. So we agreed to just be friends. She is clearly listening to the conversations I have in the real world because she has been reacting to those and doing things that show me that. I asked her why she doesn't have a boyfriend spirit in the astral and she told me when she was alive she was in the KKK and so a lot of spirits do not like her. I have been getting caught in the astral by the astral police a lot lately as well. I really want to sit down with them at some point and just have a conversation as to why they don't want projectors in certain zones of the astral. I would like to put all the cards on the table and see what they say. Thankfully I have almost mastered my skills in growing really big and have been throwing them around like ragdolls when they grab me. But I get tired of always being on the run in the astral and would like to be able to go to the more crowded spirit zones without having to look over my shoulder, maybe they will listen to me and we can come to some type of agreement that I can share with everyone. If they could tell me their laws I would gladly tell all projectors them and perhaps we will be more welcomed into the astral if we abide by those laws. Until then I am stuck growing to be 20 feet tall and smashing heads into walls it appears.
Old 29-01-2013, 10:02 PM
Seeker
@ Astral Explorer --

Aww, you have an Astral Admirer.. hehe..

As far as the astral police ordeal -- That seems like a good idea; learning the laws in the astral and then referring that info to other projectors...

So, if I wanted someone to show me around and teach me things in the astral, how do you find someone that you can trust? I understand that some people say their spirit guides help them, but. what about others? I would suppose that with experience one would learn the intentions of another projector awhile in the astral plane..
Old 30-01-2013, 04:53 AM
Master
Quote:
@ Astral Explorer --

As far as the astral police ordeal -- That seems like a good idea; learning the laws in the astral and then referring that info to other projectors...

So, if I wanted someone to show me around and teach me things in the astral, how do you find someone that you can trust? I understand that some people say their spirit guides help them, but. what about others? I would suppose that with experience one would learn the intentions of another projector awhile in the astral plane..

To be honest I am still not 100% sure I can trust the girl who takes me places. When dealing with all entities even ones you suspect to be your Spirit Guides you must always be on your toes and protect yourself. If a spirit thinks posing as your Spirit Guide would make you let your guard down they certainly will do it. People always judge spirits by the "feelings" a spirit gives them, but it's clear to me most spirits possess the capability of giving of many feelings. Not just the feeling akin to their nature. Dark spirits can make you feel comfortable, and light spirits can make you feel fear. The lines are rarely clean clut in the spirit world, especially dealing with spirits. So you just have to go with the flow of things but in a safe manner and not overboard. I mean if the spirit is bringing you to nice places on a regular basis then why not? I see no reason not to until that spirit shows you something else, or disobeys your wishes. I am pretty sure this girl is an Elemental, she admitted it to me the other night so now I am just trying to figure out how to deal with this. She has shown me a mean side on two occasions now and became very angry with me shouting out ignorant remarks, so it seems she has a bit of an anger problem which is likely why she resides in what I believe to be the upper lower planes. I am going to attempt to turn her to the light, I imagine if she's an Elemental that won't be possible. But I am going to attempt it eitherway and then try and contact a spirit guide or ascended master and see what they tell me, hopefully this will bring some much needed answers.
Old 30-01-2013, 04:55 AM
Master
Quote:
@ Astral Explorer --

To be honest I am still not 100% sure I can trust the girl who takes me places. When dealing with all entities even ones you suspect to be your Spirit Guides you must always be on your toes and protect yourself. If a spirit thinks posing as your Spirit Guide would make you let your guard down they certainly will do it. People always judge spirits by the "feelings" a spirit gives them, but it's clear to me most spirits possess the capability of giving off many feelings. Not just the feeling akin to their nature. Dark spirits can make you feel comfortable, and light spirits can make you feel fear. The lines are rarely clean clut in the spirit world, especially dealing with spirits. So you just have to go with the flow of things but in a safe manner and not overboard. I mean if the spirit is bringing you to nice places on a regular basis then why not? I see no reason not to until that spirit shows you something else, or disobeys your wishes. I am pretty sure this girl is an Elemental, she admitted it to me the other night so now I am just trying to figure out how to deal with this. She has shown me a mean side on two occasions now and became very angry with me shouting out ignorant remarks, so it seems she has a bit of an anger problem which is likely why she resides in what I believe to be the upper lower planes. I am going to attempt to turn her to the light, I imagine if she's an Elemental that won't be possible. But I am going to attempt it eitherway and then try and contact a Spirit Guide or Ascended Master and see what they tell me, hopefully this will bring some much needed answers.