Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 06-01-2016, 06:18 PM
Experiencer
Well, usually it's an environment I don't really know.
But last dream I felt more free to fly as I wanted.

When I wake up I also think about whether it was a dark or light environment. I associate that with dark and light spheres. I think it may have to do something with my inner attunement, whether I am attuned to a sphere of darkness or a sphere of light.

But this morning was definitely out in the open air at broad daylight. It wasn't like flying over landscapes, more like hovering around in a certain area. Which I had never seen before btw. I was like figuring out what was going on there.

It could be that now that I have a fully plant-based diet that that enables me, makes me more free, to go as I please.
I can't remember when I still ate meat if I was able then to fly too. Or otherwise if it was in a dark area as a result of my diet. My memory fails me on that.

I do know that I have this ability to fly since a number of years, but I don't know if it started before or after I stopped eating meat.

Can you fly anywhere you want Flexi-Girl?
Old 06-01-2016, 07:15 PM
Ascender
Sometimes. Especially if I am focusing on meditation and spiritual growth I have flying dreams. Usually I am semi-lucid as well. My most recent one was flying over the ocean at dawn.

More recently my focus has been on setting personal boundaries so a lot of my dreams lately are about conflict. My last dream involved me being a teenager sent to the Hunger Games. Before that I was in some kind of soldier in fighting a middle eastern conflict.
Old 06-01-2016, 07:31 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexi-Girl
Sometimes. Especially if I am focusing on meditation and spiritual growth I have flying dreams. Usually I am semi-lucid as well. My most recent one was flying over the ocean at dawn.

More recently my focus has been on setting personal boundaries so a lot of my dreams lately are about conflict. My last dream involved me being a teenager sent to the Hunger Games. Before that I was in some kind of soldier in fighting a middle eastern conflict.

That's great, flying over the ocean. Must have felt real fresh, especially at dawn. Did you see the sun rising up too? That would make it absolutely awesome

I remember a few years ago I was standing on a cliff and a woman was trying to help me learning to fly. That was out in the open at daylight.
Old 07-01-2016, 10:54 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexi-Girl

I hope your vegan diet gives you an edge in the issues in your life at present and issues to come in the future.

I think that if you are healthier and feel good as a result of your vegan diet that you do have an advantage compared to an omnivore diet. That is my personal experience after eating meat for 49 years and eating vegetarian and vegan since then.

But you have to learn how to use that advantage and how to profit from it. I think that is just what you are here for on earth. To learn just that among other things. And enjoying home made hummus is not the last or the least one of them.
Old 07-01-2016, 06:18 PM
Ascender
I am definitely happier being on a vegan diet. It's hard to explain because people have to live it to understand it. I feel healthier, more attractive, and free. I could give a lot of reasons for what makes me feel this way, but I am not sure if any one reason can give it justice though.

Even though my diet does help me feel better, I still have to deal with everyday life. If anything I have become more sensitive in life because I have tasted happiness, and don't want to go backwards. Lots of people see that and want to hurt me even if they don't realize it consciously. I especially see this with people eat meat. If they are unable or unwilling to see how they hurt other creatures, themselves or the planet, it only makes sense that they have less of a conscience when it comes to hurting other people. I am not saying that because I am better than anyone, or because I feel sorry for myself. It's just that I understand this better after having lived differently for so long.

Because of that, I have had to learn how to become a stronger person and stand up for myself and others. As much as I love living a more compassionate way of life, I also have to learn how to be tougher. It's been hard for me, but I am getting better at that.

Thanks for your encouragement. I am always glad to have conversations that are uplifting. I definitely do not mind talking about hummus or anything else.
Old 08-01-2016, 03:27 AM
Experiencer
You're welcome Flexi-Girl. It's great to be connected.

Energy is so versatile and flows in so many directions. There is so much about it that I don't know and still have to discover.
I think I do feel more pure as a vegan. The absence of animal food in my body has improved my digestion, my health and my overall well-being. But meat eaters who don't experience that may find it hard to understand. It's something they just don't know about.

Toughness is an essential asset to keep your head above the water but love and compassion should be the guidelines for how you respond to people. Love is the most important thing in life. This is what we have to learn to express consciously in our thinking and feeling.

People who want to hurt you obviously interact on a different level. So if they want to hurt you I think it's best to spend as little energy on them as possible because they will send it back to you in crippled and obscure way that you never intended to happen. I experienced that several times. If you do want to interact with them or hurt them back you have to do it in a way that you know they don't have an answer to. That means preparation for a confrontation and being open for inspiration. Inspiration has given me some great ideas to respond to negativity. People really didn't have an answer back.
I'm not a saint. I'm just as human as anybody else and I have my preferences too. There are people who I like more and people who I like less. And that may easily change once I get to know someone better. I think it's important to change my idea about someone if something important happens. It doesn't help to stick to politeness for the sake of politeness. You have to be honest and protect yourself. That makes sense.

So I am very happy with my plant-based diet and it's logical to share your happiness with other people. The more happiness the more joy. But if they feel attacked or oppressed, or if they say that you are enforcing your opinion upon them, you know, you just have to accept it and leave it there. You don't have to change the whole world.

Be happy with what you have and protect your sanity.
Your happiness will show off and people will appreciate that.

hummus hummus hummus hummus hummus hummus hummus hummus hummus hummus hummus hummus hummus hummus hummus hummus
Old 08-01-2016, 03:51 PM
Ascender
I definitely put love as my highest priority but I also know how easily I have fallen prey to other people who perceived me as weak. I used to get depressed for months at a time because of things others would say or do to me. I would often find myself getting used and mistreated and not understanding why. After getting hurt again, I realized I would never be happy in life if I didn't do something about this.

Over these past few months I have been working on setting personal boundaries. At first I resisted because I was terrified of becoming seen as a callous person and people close to me not liking me anymore. I was also afraid of any kind of confrontation. I didn't want to experience being yelled at or rejection from people I wanted to like me. Then I remembered just like when I switched to being vegan, I had to get past a lot of fears in order for me to have a shift in my consciousness. I think now that I have been on this path of becoming tougher I am beginning to see it's okay. People are going like me or not no matter how pleasing I am.

Basically I am still the same person. I haven't lost the positive side of me, just have more say in how I am treated. I am definitely not saying I am good at this yet. If anything I still have to work really hard every day at overcoming a lifetime of passivity or people pleasing.

You're definitely right about that. People will resist what we have to share even if it's a good thing I guess we just have to accept that and live our own lives. If anything, I don't like pushing my views on others. I will always encourage people who are open to it, but nobody likes to be forced into anything. I of all people should know that.

By the way, have you tried mixing hummus with avocado and cucumber?
Old 08-01-2016, 07:26 PM
Experiencer
I understand what you say.
I have had similar experiences in the past. Being afraid of speaking up for myself and not being liked anymore by other people. It's terrible. Because you don't know what's going to happen after that.
You are on my mind Flexi-Girl.

I have worked on ways to overcome that. I started to do yoga classes. Yoga helps you to get your energy running. That brings you more into your body. It creates a very organic experience in your body when you first open up your energy channels. That was a very clear and great experience for me when that first happened. When you feel your energy flowing inside yourself it gives a greater awareness of yourself and it will make you feel much stronger, more powerful. Because you experience yourself there is so much more power in your body once you create the flow. And you will enjoy your own body much more.
That is one thing that helps. It really does.

Another thing is to go out in the open air. It doesn't matter where you go just as long as you are outside in the fresh air. Perhaps it's kind of difficult for a woman alone to go walking where you live. There are many areas where women can't go alone. But otherwise it's also possible maybe to go biking. It doesn't have to be a racing bike. Any ordinary bike is good enough. Just as long as it keeps you away from hindering men and you can be out in the open by yourself, exercising to get your bloodstream running. To feel your bloodstream running.

Once you are out there you can take deep breaths of fresh air. That really helps to open you up. You will feel your energy start running. That gives a great organic experience of your own body. And then you can also practice and rehearse what you want to say to other people and how you want to say it.
Of course you will also need time to set out one or more tours where you want to go and how to get back. But just take your time and things will fall into place.

If you are out in the open you can have space enough to speak out loud how you want to say something and feel the effect of it on your own before you actually say it to someone else. That way you can practice the right intonation how you want your message to come out. And you can practice and feel it so long until you found the right intonation and the exact right words.
So if then the moment comes to speak up you have rehearsed it endlessly and you have the experience on getting the right intonation right away.
That's why fresh air is very important. Muy importante Flexi-Girl.
And fresh air is a much more inspiring environment to contemplate the effects of what you might want to say or do then staying at home.

I used to walk a lot in the past. And it helped me a lot in finding my way. But I had trouble with a bad knee so over time I started to walk less and less until I finally gave up.
A few years later I had an operation to outline my underleg to my upperleg and now I can walk again. A few years ago I started to walk again. That was such a terrific experience. I thought I would never be able to do that again unless with an artificial, stainless steel knee.
I still have my own knee and now I can make walks up to three hours without any problem at all. I am so happy with that. And the fresh air is doing miracles for me.
Thanks to my vegan diet I have the right nutritions in sufficient quantities to strengthen my bones and power up my muscles. You really need that. I needed a lot of time to rebuild my body. It was depleted.

I feel so great now. I really thought it would never be possible again.
I have risen from my ashes like a sphinx.

I will try hummus with avocado and cucumber. I wrote it on my shopping list. I was planning to try it with mixed vegetables like cauliflower, broccoli and carrot, from deep frozen. But I like your idea. I want to try your idea first. So I'll get some avocado and cucumber. I don't know if I should use tahini with that. Because avocado is kind of creamy by itself. I'll see about that. Do you have a recipe for that perhaps?
Old 09-01-2016, 09:37 PM
Seeker
I can definitely say that being vegan has made me feel lighter. I don't eat all fruit and veggies either, but I feel that my heart is feather-light, like someone has taken a weight off my shoulders. Maybe this has to do with that I lost 15 pounds on this diet as well. Whatever it is, I'm not going back.

But for the people who said they got sick being vegan, I want to say that this might be due to your system detoxing. During the first month of being vegan, I had horrible symptoms of the flu. I was apparently getting rid of all the junk, because after that I find that my body is super efficient. Like, it only takes me a couple hours to digest my food.

I am definitely sticking with veganism, and I would recommend it to anyone.
Old 10-01-2016, 03:22 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix13
But for the people who said they got sick being vegan, I want to say that this might be due to your system detoxing. During the first month of being vegan, I had horrible symptoms of the flu. I was apparently getting rid of all the junk, because after that I find that my body is super efficient. Like, it only takes me a couple hours to digest my food.

I never had such horrible symptoms but my transition to vegetarian and later on to vegan went very slowly. I first started with soyburgers a couple of times a week.
My body is now super efficient too. Especially since I stopped with dairy at all. I lost a lot of weight because of that too.
And when I finish my meal I can feel it almost right away coming into my bloodstream.
So I recognize very well what you mean, Phoenix.