Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 30-05-2020, 11:07 AM
Master

What draws you to crystals?

I am just a curious person stopping by to ask a curious question.

I am not particulary drawn to crystals - other then I like them aesetically and I sometimes just like the feel of them but would equally appreciate a beach pebble or being out in a garden for the same reason.
I don't go out of my way to seek them out but sometimes people give them to me and I admire their beauty and unique characteristics.

So I wonder what draws other people to them? I thought that I might ask as I am genuinely curious
Old 30-05-2020, 12:35 PM
Master
It's a feeling thing, like being touched emotionally and energetically. Some crystals do that more powerfully, others are more gentle, but then the attraction can be equally strong.
I think it also has to do with the pureness. When I am in the crystal shop I can completely open up. Crystal don't hurt, judge, etc. so you can let them in all the way.
They do something to your energy field. It's a bit like falling in love. You have that with some, not with all.
It's partially visual, but it goes deeper than that, as I've also had crystal call me before I could properly see them. One was just blinking at me in the shop from a distance. Literally catching a glimmer and feeling called, but not knowing what it was nor what it even looked like as it was too far away and among other crystals.
Also one that was in the surf of the Menai Strait, Wales, and a similar thing. A shimmer of light and an immediate knowing and sense I was called. I ignored it as my then partner had walked on, but I HAD to go back and look what it was. Turned out to be a larger chunk of Preseli stone in quartz. Here with me now on my desk, and very dear to me.
I also get called from afar. Not thinking about crystals and buying one for months, suddenly feel I HAVE to go to the shop because something is waiting for me, calling me. Then going there, I cannot not go, and not having a clue what it's going to be, yet always finding it.

So what is it. Being called, a feeling, like a love connection, a form of chemistry. I think that is what it is too, and you feel that once you can open up to it.
Old 01-06-2020, 09:28 PM
Master

Oh, that was a beautiful comment. I get the sense of what your saying.
Your explanation was so lovely.

I occassionally experience energy pulling me into art galleries and towards specific artwork which has ressonance with me. Some art seems to have an effect on me vibrationally, matching something in my awareness.

I have known some people who are drawn to crystals and have read a little bit about them but I myself had no particulary overwhelming sense towards them, which is why I was curious.

This is a bit unrelated but ot is possible that I have closed myself off from that feeling and it strikes me through your response that perhaps this awareness will help me to open up to fresh possibilities, things which I might ressonate with
Old 01-06-2020, 09:38 PM
Pathfinder

Hot chicks related with crystsls
Old 01-06-2020, 10:01 PM
Master

Lol stugg... I must admit, while I do not have a strong affinity for crystals, the people who I see clutching them at crystal shops can often seem overwhelmingly attractive haha.

Must be the refleflection coming off the crystals casting a warm glow over them

Or perhaps it is like the person holding a cat phenonomom, adding to overall cuteness factor.
Old 01-06-2020, 11:22 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedEmbers
Oh, that was a beautiful comment. I get the sense of what your saying.
Your explanation was so lovely.

I occassionally experience energy pulling me into art galleries and towards specific artwork which has ressonance with me. Some art seems to have an effect on me vibrationally, matching something in my awareness.

I have known some people who are drawn to crystals and have read a little bit about them but I myself had no particulary overwhelming sense towards them, which is why I was curious.

This is a bit unrelated but ot is possible that I have closed myself off from that feeling and it strikes me through your response that perhaps this awareness will help me to open up to fresh possibilities, things which I might ressonate with
Glad to hear it resonated with you and maybe is of help to you!
You know, it is possible that you're not open to it yet, but it is also possible you have something else that makes your heart jump for joy. Some people are crazy about essential oils, aura soma pommanders, herbs and plants, Tarot cards, and so on.
I don't think it's a given that everyone will end up loving crystals, we are all unique and there's plenty of things to be nuts about :)
Old 02-06-2020, 06:29 AM
Master
Quote:
I am just a curious person stopping by to ask a curious question.

I am not particulary drawn to crystals - other then I like them aesetically and I sometimes just like the feel of them but would equally appreciate a beach pebble or being out in a garden for the same reason.
I don't go out of my way to seek them out but sometimes people give them to me and I admire their beauty and unique characteristics.

So I wonder what draws other people to them? I thought that I might ask as I am genuinely curious
As a boy, I use to play with Herkimer Diamonds, but never saved any. We had an abundance of them. I did not realize later that they are special. But then, I did not realize that where we lived was special. If you stood still, you could hear the water flowing beneath you.

As I grow up, I have seen some unbelievable crystals. One I saw, I believe it was last year, was a giant Amethyst Geode worth millions. Hard to believe something like that exist. Putting your hand, and in some cases, your whole body, inside a geode is an experience in of itself.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 03-06-2020, 12:51 AM
Master

Hey BigJohn

I had to look up herkimer diamonds! That's cool. Funny how we don't always realise the significance of things when we are younger lol.

I get what you mean about the amethyst geode, it is pretty amazing really.
Old 03-06-2020, 01:03 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
Glad to hear it resonated with you and maybe is of help to you!
You know, it is possible that you're not open to it yet, but it is also possible you have something else that makes your heart jump for joy. Some people are crazy about essential oils, aura soma pommanders, herbs and plants, Tarot cards, and so on.
I don't think it's a given that everyone will end up loving crystals, we are all unique and there's plenty of things to be nuts about :)

Lol, yeah - I guess that I was sort of realising how I could probably afford to let love guide me a little bit more. The way which you described feeling pulled towards crystals reminded me of my childlike state of wonder before I was socially programmed to fear my own natural desires for the sheer sake of aligning to my own happiness.

I feel particulary pulled to natural locations and occasionally I discover raw crystals on my hikes. I get pretty excited when I see crystals out in their natural location. For me, the excitement is just as much about the discovery as it is about learning how it all connects within the geography and surrounding natural systems.
Old 04-06-2020, 07:29 AM
Master
Quote:
Lol, yeah - I guess that I was sort of realising how I could probably afford to let love guide me a little bit more. The way which you described feeling pulled towards crystals reminded me of my childlike state of wonder before I was socially programmed to fear my own natural desires for the sheer sake of aligning to my own happiness.

I feel particulary pulled to natural locations and occasionally I discover raw crystals on my hikes. I get pretty excited when I see crystals out in their natural location. For me, the excitement is just as much about the discovery as it is about learning how it all connects within the geography and surrounding natural systems.
I go out and find 'things'.

Journeying thru a cave, mine or stream bed, etc. I have found lots of nice things.

Back in 1736, about 1 hour drive from where I live, an Indian found a piece of silver on some yellow ore in what is today northern Mexico. He traveled down thru the canyons to where his village was. He was in his 50's. When he got to his village, he gathered his children and had them go back to the location where the silver was found. The only one who did go back was his wife. He told everybody to keep it a secret. When they got back to the location, they found some very large pieces of silver, so pure, a person could press coinage from it. Then all of a sudden, a lot of village people showed up. One person found a piece of silver that weighed 2500 pounds.

Today, I suspect more pieces of silver, like what they found still exists.But then if you see native silver out in the open, it looks disgusting: blackish and unappealing.

I imagine somebody going out to find 'wealth', and when they stand on a blackish unappealing outcrop: they look around and say "There is nothing here!"

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.