Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 28-03-2011, 05:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triner
Buddha was walking into the city market one day and near the city entrance an old bitter man was sitting on a box glaring at Buddha, who carried a bright smile on his face. At the sight of him this old man started cursing Buddha up and down, left right and center, telling him how pretentious he was, how much better he thought he was and how he did nothing worthy of the air he breathed in this world. But Buddha simply smiled and kept on walking to the market to get what he needed.

The Next day Buddha returned to the market and once again that old man was there, this time his cursing intensified, screaming and yelling at Buddha as he walked by, cursing his mother, cursing his father and everyone else in his life.

This went on for the rest of the week and finally as the Buddha was leaving the market the man came up to him, as his curiousity had simply gotten the best of him.
“Buddha, every day you come here smiling and every day I curse your name, I curse your family and everything you believe in” the old man says ” but every day you enter this city with a smile knowing that I await you with my harsh tongue, and everyday you leave through the same entrance with that same smile. I know by speaking to you now that you are not deaf, why do you keep on smiling while I do nothing but scream the worst things I can think of to your face?”

Buddha, with the same smile still on his face looks at the old man and asks “If I were to bring you a gift tomorrow morning all wrapped up in a beautiful box would you accept it?” to which the old man replies “Absolutely not, I would take nothing from the likes of you!”. “Ah ha” the Buddha replies “Well if I were to offer you this gift and you were to refuse then who would this gift belong to?”. “It would still belong to you of course” answers the old man. “And so the same goes with your anger, when I choose not to accept your gift of anger , does it not then remain your own?”

Just a thought...
Great message, Triner, and thank you. I do need to hear these things and be reminded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Feather
Don't put your energy and focus on her bad sides, that will only drain you and create more difficulties with her in your life.

Focus on the good in her and love that - the more you focus on the good, the more you will see and that will with time change her behaviour towards you, since she is no longer getting the reaction she needs from you.

You have the ability to show her the better way by living it your self, so be true to you by not letting her take you with her down.
Yes, it does drain me. I honestly cannot think of any good in her, lol, pretty bad, huh? Not many people can as she is a user and expects people to bow to her. She has alienated her kids terribly. Her oldest lives with her out of convenience, the youngest wants to live with his dad, the middle child couldn't wait to move in with his dad to get away from her. She's not a very nice person. I'll just have to be the bigger person and 'love' her regardless. I think what upsets me so is that I have done nothing to this woman.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBuck72
I think the best advice would be to simply stay away from her. While it is important to be loving and kindhearted, there is no reason to subject yourself to the negativity of another person. I would advise you that if she is having a detrimental effect on you, simply avoid her. If she is at a get-together that you are present at, simply ignore her, or politely leave. Also, if she chooses to move to the large city, surely it is large enough that you won’t have contact with her unless you want to. In the end, don’t allow her negativity to bring you down, you have the power to choose who you are in contact with.
Hi, I do stay away. I've not seen this woman in wow...probably at least 7 years. She also moved away for a couple years and now just moved back. She's having a hard time back here and has been in attack mode...unfortunately, since I am friends with someone she doesn't want me friends with, she's decided to be malicious to make her feel better about herself. I'm just hearing of the rotten things she is saying, the threats. I think what really angers me is that she doesn't come to ME, face to face and talk to ME.
Anyway, thank you all for the insight and advice. It helps a lot. Thank you.
Old 28-03-2011, 05:27 PM
windwhistle

Hi Sarian,

It is very difficult to live with your husband, I think. You will feel better when that is all over. You did say he was soon to be your ex? Can you move out.? I have been through divorce more than once. It is an awful period. There is a book on it called , 'Crazy Time' which is how it feels. Go easy on yourself.

As far as the woman...I would try to stay away from her too. I know it's not the most spiritual thing to say...but distance does help somewhat.

I am dealing with a lot of negativity in my home too and I am seeking outside spiritual support groups as well as coming here. I keep hearing to take care of myself.

So I went to a park yesterday, ate out by myself at a place I really liked, and looked at flowers. But at the same time, I just didn't want to go home.

All I can do is send you love and I will.
Old 29-03-2011, 01:13 PM
Master
Thank you, windwhistel. Yes, I could move out, but I don't want to. I want him to move. My kids want to be here with me.

I'm pretty emotionally beaten down. I found out more hurtful things regarding what he is doing. Now I've started to get anxiety attacks. Just what I need on top of it all.

Sounds nice what you did, but I can relate to taking care of yourself or just not wanting to go home. Sometimes I just don't want to be anywhere.
Old 29-03-2011, 02:55 PM
windwhistle

I also suffer from anxiety attacks and take medication which helps a lot. I don't want to be on meds but it's better than having to go to the quick care or the er thinking I'm having a heart attack.

Sometimes I just have to get quiet and figure out how best to take care of myself today...and leave all the mind typing out. I ask divinity to help me make it through the day and to be with me all day and go before me wherever I have to go. Sometimes i'm so lost I ask the angels what is it I am supposed to be doing now? Then I listen to that still small voice.

I have an older lady friend called my sponsor bc I go to a 12 step group. She is retired. I call her every day with whatever is going on and she helps me and gives me sound advice. I'm not one to have many friends but I am proud that I have kept her close now for 2 1/2 years. She is the voice of sanity and hope.

I am trying to decide what it is I like to do. I may try a reiki healing circle and there is a new restaurant I'd like to try. Do you know any small thing you would like to do? I think it't part of honoring myself to make time to do something I enjoy. Sometimes I don't even know what that is. Sometimes I think I am happiest when I lay my head down on the pillow at night and get to sleep. Sad but true.

How much longer do you have to live with ex? It will get better when you.re away. Sending you pink clouds of love and hope.
Old 29-03-2011, 11:31 PM
Master
Hi, Windwhistle. I'm sorry you suffer from anxiety attacks. I found when I started college, I started to get test anxiety. I asked a doctor about it, and she gave me an anxiety drug to take beforehand. I'm not big on taking drugs...I filled the prescription, but never took them. I find lately I have been before going to my microbiology class lol. oh well. I hear you about the heart attack feeling.For the last few days I feel like I have a boa constrictor around me.

I ask my creator for help, guidance, peace...seems when I do wow...like walking into a beehive and being swarmed. Hell breaks loose. I'm tired of it. Today it all just took a bad toll on me. I think my husband going and getting a lawyer and feeling like 'da man' because he's going to 'ruin my life' and 'drag me through the mud' is just too much with everything else going on. I can't seem to get ahead of it all. I don't know how much longer I have to live with him. I felt like throwing all his stuff out today, but didn't. I would still be kind and offer his dinner when I would cook for the kids or even do some of his wash, talk about a fool, I guess. No more. My attorney said he was submitting our divorce to the court yesterday...should have something within 30-40 days he says...god help me...

I hope you find the right friends in your life. I have 3 very dear, dear friends...all are born in march. It's funny but my dad is born in march and so are several others. I guess I have an affinity with march babies...but I can count on them and they know I'm loyal. One hurt me because of garbage going on in his own life...but things happen, but all is good now.

There are many things I like to do. I like to paint, I like to read, I like to listen to music. I love planting trees, flowers, shrubs, I love hiking in beautiful places, I absolutely love taking pictures (love taking pictures of bugs, or rain on plants...once someone said I had 'god's eyes', so I took that as a very wonderful compliment because I see things that others pay no mind too and when I photograph them, it's like art. Nature is amazing. I like trying new foods and restaurants, I love laying under the stars (too cold now) but I sleep in the livingroom (for 8 years now) and I sleep right next to a big picture window and stargaze and watch falling stars. I took yoga and loved it, was taking zumba and loved that as well. Used to take a total body workout class, but I don't have the money for that now, sadly, I don't have time for much with all that's going on.

Strive to find things that bring you joy and happiness and peace, windwhistle. I know how you feel, there are many times the happiest (if you can call it that)...is when I get to lay my head down on that pillow at night.

Wishing you much love in your life,
S