Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 13-03-2011, 07:23 AM
StarmanX7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiran
In fact, there is one special friend whom I like very very much. I know though that he doesn't have "love" feelings for me. So, no.

Do you know for sure? Have you brought up the subject in a light manner?
Old 13-03-2011, 10:29 AM
themaster

Quote:
Hummm, hummm... ways to get out of there? Only the one to work on my weight while working on my self-acceptance. I see no other way to get the love I desire.
The only way to like you.. is healing.. that's my experience.. I mean I heal almost every day.. (in a way) and once a week or more I go on a guided meditation with my teacher..

What I've noticed is I'm more accepting of myself.. or like myself more.. I suggest you look for the same thing..
Old 13-03-2011, 03:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinu
Yearning for "Love" ?

Forget, you can never find this type of true thing.

All you will find at the end is just "False attachment"

Search "God".

_/\_chinu.

I make it a point not to openly disagree with what people have to say on the forum, but I have to draw the line here. You are wrong.

You have failed to find that 'True Love' in your life. That doesn't mean that others can't achieve it. You are doing people a horrible inustice by posting things like this.
Old 13-03-2011, 03:41 PM
Master
Quote:
I think I found out what is going wrong. It's me. Of course it is ME standing in the way of getting what I want most!

It always is

See, I am overweight; and I'm pretty much using my weight as an excuse for not being loved. I feel that as a FAT (really fat) woman I have no right to be "sensuously" loved. So the universe is conceiving that and is sending me the only kind of love I am willing to accept - the loving energy of my friends and family.

But I am not being loved the way I want to be loved.

You mean to say that you not loving yourself the way you should be.

I need to work on loving myself first. As long as I keep thinking "I'd first need to lose 50 kg to be loved by a man", I won't get one; that should be quite clear.

It sounds so simple to accept myself the way I am... and there begins the vicious circle: I am feeling bad, thus I get no love, I get no love, thus I feel bad...

Hummm, hummm... ways to get out of there? Only the one to work on my weight while working on my self-acceptance. I see no other way to get the love I desire.

Love, Kiran

Keep in mind that your weight and your issues with self acceptance are related. Working on one or the other will yield minimal and temorary results. If you address them both at the same time you will begin to make real progress.
Old 13-03-2011, 04:01 PM
abikisses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
How about "I am being passionately and sensuously loved".

On the other hand you could begin to affirm, "I am love" and get ready for surprises.

Xan

You minx Xan! What an utterly fabulous affirmation, thank you!

Blessings
Abikisses
Old 13-03-2011, 07:46 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarmanX7
Do you know for sure? Have you brought up the subject in a light manner?

Well, we were talking one day in an intense one-on-one talk in his room and I told him that he is like a brother to me... which is why I could never start anything with him. He seemed relieved to hear that, he said that this same thought had been troubling him, that I might expect something from him. I said no, that we are just great friends... we hugged and parted as friends. And we still are.

Nevertheless, when I counted that same thing to my mentor, he laughed and said: "Well, what was he going to answer? He might have thought 'oh darnit, that's my dream girl saying she only wants me as a friend, now what am I going to tell her?'... did you ever think about that possibility?"

But then, I don't think he is interested in me in a sensual, passionate way... I've seen his ex-girlfriends and they are all pretty, thin girls.
helpless against my immortality."

From "Savitri" by Sri Aurobindo
(The Book of Fate)
Old 13-03-2011, 07:53 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by athribiristan
Keep in mind that your weight and your issues with self acceptance are related. Working on one or the other will yield minimal and temorary results. If you address them both at the same time you will begin to make real progress.

I'm trying... I do Yoga and I go for walks and I try to eat less. Nevertheless sometimes "the wolf" comes and I can't do anything but eat and eat and eat. Afterwards I feel bad. It is hard to accept myself the way I am. But I'm learning.

Thank you for your answer. I'm trying...
helpless against my immortality."

From "Savitri" by Sri Aurobindo
(The Book of Fate)
Old 15-03-2011, 06:20 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by athribiristan
I make it a point not to openly disagree with what people have to say on the forum, but I have to draw the line here. You are wrong.

You have failed to find that 'True Love' in your life. That doesn't mean that others can't achieve it. You are doing people a horrible inustice by posting things like this.

Well said, arthibristan. Although personal love that is true may be rare in our world I know it is possible... once we have healed and released our heart's hurt and disappointment from the past.

And Chinu is also right... finding divine love within your inner heart is like no other.

Xan

Old 15-03-2011, 07:07 PM
Guide
Love your signature, Xan.
Old 16-03-2011, 04:35 AM
Master
Kiran... Since you like that you might also like this: Our Transforming Heart -
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=3685

Xan