Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature

Old 11-09-2017, 04:37 PM
Suspended

It's better to be safe than sorry.
Old 12-09-2017, 01:04 AM
Super Moderator
Thank goodness Irma seems to be losing a LOT of strength right now, and downgrading to storm-force. Actually the last I heard it was now a category 1. There still could be a lot of rain coming down with it so southern states should be aware of that, but it seems the more time goes by the weaker it gets.
Old 12-09-2017, 02:03 AM
Lepus

Hello,

The poor manatees were left stranded with the ocean waters retreating due to Irma's powerful winds! Fortunately there were some rescuers relocating them into a different location. This hurricane was definitely overhyped thanks to the media and I'm beginning to wonder if the evacuations were even necessary. I think Floridians dealt way worse hurricanes than Irma and still remained in place with boarded up homes. I heard there were not allowed to stay home and were ordered to find shelter. I figure one has the choice to stay or leave without mandatory evacuations. Anyway the hurricane has reached category 1. Jose I believe is still wandering in the Atlantic. Got to keep an eye on that one.

Lepus
Old 12-09-2017, 06:21 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lepus
The poor manatees were left stranded with the ocean waters retreating due to Irma's powerful winds! Fortunately there were some rescuers relocating them into a different location.

THANK GOODNESS!!!!! i know that was you Clover out there rescuing the washed up Manatees, running into the hurricane to save them, how brave of you!
Old 13-09-2017, 11:25 AM
Lepus

Hello,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature Grows
THANK GOODNESS!!!!! i know that was you Clover out there rescuing the washed up Manatees, running into the hurricane to save them, how brave of you!

Clover must be busy helping those manitees right now.

Lepus
Old 13-09-2017, 01:36 PM
Deactivated Account

Haha Nature. We're okay There were a lot of touching stories on people saving dolphins, manatees and dogs. Our household got generators going, Thank God, we were game of throning there for a while (lol). Electricity and gas is a scarce commodity.

Floridians be like....

http://imgur.com/UDCuFMu
http://imgur.com/VXwbD3B

Lots of hard working folks over here, that is why that meme cracks me up.

I'm Just happy this drama is almost over( non electricity/school and business shut downs). I do want to add there is nothing over hyped about a historical 5 storm coming to the states. You have to be prepared and yes, better safe than sorry. Hurricanes are completley unpredictable what we do know is that even a "weak" category 1-2 storm can knock out power for millions and have them living in unfeasable living conditions as we are seeing now. A lot of the people who evacuated are in our area, it's simple, they need electricity and a flushing toilet. If you don't know what it's like living with a broken sewage, consider yourself royal. Also, health issues are also at stake. My neighbors grand daughter ( fled Miami) who is an infant needs her medication( anti biotics) refrigerated and a lot of senior citizens are this way.It's just an awful occurrence/ inconvenience for everyone all around. It could be weeks before many in the state see electricity and a functioning sewage. I know that doesn't look as amusing on the news as destroyed property. I am just greatful it did exactly what I had hoped for, she died off when she hit land without getting stronger and creating mass chaos in our state however, in many ways it already did.

Floridians are use to hurricanes yes, however what was different this year ( and I went through hurricane Mathew last year) is that the locals and much of Florida were actually scared this time. They have never seen a hurricane last as a CAT 5 for so long( it broke records) and with what happened with Houston, I can def understand the evacuation.

Right now, I think it is an interesting time in science and climate change. Between Irma and Texas, there was billions of dollars of destroyed property, much that will be paid by the US Tax payer, you. That is why I feel it is a very important time to pay attention. Do we keep funding the "over hyped" destruction? Or do we start paying attention to climate change /outdated infunstructure and fund preventage measures? You can debate that in the strong opinions section haha but if these storms have taught us anything it's that we need to pay attention
Old 13-09-2017, 06:01 PM
Experiencer
Wow Clover, I didn't realize you lived in Florida. I'm glad you're okay.

I agree with you that constant rebuilding, and outdated infrastructure is costly. It seems like craziness to keep repeatedly rebuilding if something can be done to prevent at least some of it. Even the insurance companies have finally acknowledged preventative measures you know? lol of all people

i know I said it up there ^ but really glad you are okay
Old 14-09-2017, 02:42 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquamarine
Wow Clover, I didn't realize you lived in Florida. I'm glad you're okay.

I agree with you that constant rebuilding, and outdated infrastructure is costly. It seems like craziness to keep repeatedly rebuilding if something can be done to prevent at least some of it. Even the insurance companies have finally acknowledged preventative measures you know? lol of all people

i know I said it up there ^ but really glad you are okay

Thank you for the sentiment, Aquamarine, much appreciated.. I feel guilty every time I say this, but I am grateful she did not impact my area as significantly. It really is a waiting game like Russian roulette with these storms, to see where they go and what happens next. But we are fine just without power/electricity for a while and schools are shut down. Unfortunately, if you have seen the news, a number of elderly died from heat exhaustion at a nursing home because of the power outage .. This heat is no joke, painfully humid during 'hurricane' season.
Old 14-09-2017, 03:43 AM
Lepus

Hello,

Glad you're safe, Clover

It's no coincidence that the gas prices went high during Irma. Around 6 million people were ordered to evacuate and the media knew by excessively displaying the category 5 hurricane coming to Florida (which never was going to be category 5 by the time it reached key west, later falling into category 3) people were afraid to stay. The type of fear mongering is what gets the media ratings go high whilst having people spend money for gas which reached over $3 per gallon is what the mandatory evacuations started. It was considered martial law to some and the red cross, dont get me started. Lets just say the red cross is not to be trusted. I understand for those that require power and living close to the coast line (South Florida) where hurricane Irma was heading should be the ones to leave, but you can't have a bunch of people evacuate because of officials telling you to leave (especially in areas where the hurricane wasn't going to hit harshly) it is unconstitutional. Reminds me of hurricane Katrina. Don't forget looting started happening when people where getting ready to evacuate. Every year, improvements are made to the hurricane forecast models, thus it shouldn't be unpredictable.

Lepus
Old 14-09-2017, 08:36 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover
Thank you for the sentiment, Aquamarine, much appreciated.. I feel guilty every time I say this, but I am grateful she did not impact my area as significantly. It really is a waiting game like Russian roulette with these storms, to see where they go and what happens next. But we are fine just without power/electricity for a while and schools are shut down. Unfortunately, if you have seen the news, a number of elderly died from heat exhaustion at a nursing home because of the power outage .. This heat is no joke, painfully humid during 'hurricane' season.

I just saw that on the tv. Good to hear you an your family r ok.