Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 25-07-2013, 08:59 PM
lovable_Rogue

No emotions and no relationships

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum and only just worked up my courage to post my first post.

In the last year I have made some really big changes to my life. I've started down the career path I want and I've been really good to myself; mind and body. However, I'm still struggling with one thing in my life and that's relationships. I have never had a long term relationship and I don't value friendship as highly as I should. I guess it all comes down to my emotions and the fact that I don't like to feel any. I would say I completely lack empathy and can be really egotistical sometimes. I don't want to be like this.

So, what I'm trying to say is before I go looking into conventional therapy or anything remotely 'worse' that the doctor might advise is there anything spiritually I can do to open myself up to emotions and relationships without overwhelming myself?
Old 25-07-2013, 09:08 PM
Knower
Hello there lovable_Rogue and welcome :)
I used to be in your situation and the thing i think that helped me the most was the law of attraction. I suggest that you start reading about it, online or in books like "The Secret" by Rhonda Byrne.
The first step is to love every little thing of your life,
i had to make lists of little things i was greatfull for, and soon enough i loved life, and people! i started having great relationships and such :)

I think you should give it a try :)

Old 25-07-2013, 09:21 PM
lovable_Rogue

Hi Madcat, thank you for your reply. I have just done a quick google search on law of attraction and it looks like exactly what I need! Thank you so much for suggesting it. I shall start on it straight away.

Any other suggestions also appreciated, I will try anything and everything before I admit defeat.
Old 26-07-2013, 01:39 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovable_Rogue
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum and only just worked up my courage to post my first post.

In the last year I have made some really big changes to my life. I've started down the career path I want and I've been really good to myself; mind and body. However, I'm still struggling with one thing in my life and that's relationships. I have never had a long term relationship and I don't value friendship as highly as I should. I guess it all comes down to my emotions and the fact that I don't like to feel any. I would say I completely lack empathy and can be really egotistical sometimes. I don't want to be like this.

So, what I'm trying to say is before I go looking into conventional therapy or anything remotely 'worse' that the doctor might advise is there anything spiritually I can do to open myself up to emotions and relationships without overwhelming myself?

lovable-Rogue - Yes, 'Law of Attraction' can work wonders. I was in a miserable relationship over 30 years ago and one night I said to myself, "I'm going to go out tonight and meet the man that's looking for me." The night was nearly over at a dance club when I was asked to dance by someone who became my spouse three years later. It just all depends on what or who you're looking for. I always say be careful what you wish for because it's out there if you wish for it. I have always written down my feelings and desires in journals. That helped me get in touch with my feelings, ugly or not. You'll find just what it is you need whether it's traditional or not. Hang in there.

Blackraven
Old 26-07-2013, 03:05 AM
Master

I know that old pain or bad memories or abuse can create an emotional blockage. Anything already mentioned in combination with reiki healing would do well. If youre in for it, I would also suggest to ask The Source, Divine Creator, Great Spirit for help, its there, if you want it and ask sincerely. I know because Ive had experiences too. But its your choice, of course. I feel with you! And just that you write this show you are not all stone cold and that there is hope. Considering this society is not easy as well, its narcissistic many times in its core. That can make it harder. It can also be your ego. your ego is there to protect from harm, but more its not really meant to do. I suggest to look into how to remove that as well. Finally,there are some initiations, where you go through some and come to opening of the heart chakra. I would say its blocked. Look into that as well,if you like. Also, loving behavior can be taught and developed, no matter if the feeling is there or not and for the most the feeling comes, by applying. I wish the best for you. you are not unworthy for having a problem, the only thing that matters is what you do, and your honesty about it. good luck!
Old 26-07-2013, 06:15 AM
Kangarus

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovable_Rogue

I'm of a similar mentality to you and trust me, relationships and opening your heart to such from other people are more trouble than it's worth. At least you have a job and means of social mobility. I don't even have that opportunity. Don't bother; if you can, maybe just have a fling or two if you need to.

Maybe one of these conditions is what is ailing you?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizoi...ality_disorder

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum_disorder

Just a thought.
Old 26-07-2013, 11:24 AM
lovable_Rogue

Thank you so much for all the replies. I will look into each and every one of your suggestions!

Kangarus, I have looked up the many different personality disorders so many times and came to the conclusion that if I was any I was probably Schizoid but it's not definitive and posting on here was a way of me avoiding getting that diagnosis and being sent to conventional therapy. I do want to overcome it though and I don't mind the trouble I just can't seem to take the dive. Also, I would even love a fling or too but those are also something I can't do because it's letting people in. It's still an emotional involvement thing. I do have a job but I still struggle. I'm an actress and trying to pretend I know what love feels like and what pain feels like is really hard. I have to guess. Plus, now all my friends are at the stage in their life where they're all pairing up and settling down I find myself losing even the few people I did keep hold of because they spend most of their time with their partners and I don't have anyone like that. So, it's lonely.