Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Exercise

Old 20-10-2018, 10:57 PM
Newbie ;)

what are some easy to start with exercises?

I'm about 380 pounds and iv'e already cut back on my food intake I just would like to know some easy exercises to start with to work on so I can lose weight and any exercises to plump my butt out a wee bit its quite flat and i'd like to have a perfect figure when I lose weight thanks.
Old 21-10-2018, 12:18 AM
Master

I used Jorge Cruise's "8 Minutes in the Morning" book to lose weight and get fit, and I'm still using it 16 years later, every day.

Calorie restriction is the only way to lose weight: 3,500 calorie deficit to lose 1 lb of fat.

Losing 2-2.5 lb / week is doable (this means a deficit of 1,000 calories / day) until you get at your target weight.

These are a few links to get an idea about the "8 Minutes" program:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLEQmvncMp0

https://www.prevention.com/fitness/w...g-for-fitness/

You can get it from amazon, ebay, etc..

The book also gives dietary recommendations.

Good luck! You made the right decision!
Old 21-10-2018, 12:45 AM
Newbie ;)

thanks ill do that and check those out.
Old 26-10-2018, 11:55 PM
Master
If I were you I'd start walking every day. .....at least 20 ...25 minutes to start and build up to 45 minutes to an hour. ....and if you have to divide that up into two times a day for schedule reasons that fine.

Walk at a good pace and ratchet up the pace as you get fitter.

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!
Old 27-10-2018, 06:12 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiccanwolfchild
I'm about 380 pounds and iv'e already cut back on my food intake I just would like to know some easy exercises to start with to work on so I can lose weight and any exercises to plump my butt out a wee bit its quite flat and i'd like to have a perfect figure when I lose weight thanks.

Hi WWC.

To me, the way we think about body composition is important, and the way we say things can help us to be more focused and clear about the way in we imagine ourselves in context with our body.

When we say 'lose weight' we really mean 'lose fat'... so talking about it as 'fat loss' is being specific about the goal and making a clearer vision. This applies to other aspects such as 'eating less' when what we really mean is 'healthy nutrition'. Then a sentence like 'I am eating less to lose weight' sounds more like 'I'm getting the right nutrition for shedding body fat', forming a clear, positive vision.

I think deficit based words should be avoided. Words like fat 'loss' are better said 'shedding fat', and words like eating 'less' is better said as 'eating right'. It's just a more positive vernacular of thought.

I use the term 'body composition' to talk about bodies because it's unabrasive, neutral language which pertains the body composition of fat and muscle mass.

'Exercise' is also not the a way I like to talk about deliberate physical activity. 'Training' is a more proactive way of thinking about it. In real terms, you are making your body do hard things so it becomes the way it need to be to be able to do them. The body changes form into a body shape than can do harder, then harder, things. So, we 'train' for the performance goal, rather than 'exercise'.

It means we can 'train to improve performance'. And expression sounds something like, 'I eat the foods I need for training to reach my performance goal'. Shedding body fat is the consequential adaption of what you do rather than being the primary goal. The primary focus is on doing what it takes to reach performance goals, and shedding body fat is the inevitable consequent adaption to reaching that performance.

I don't know what exercise you should do because I don't know what you like and hate, or your injury history/physical conditions and so on, but I know your specific goal is to shed fat and not muscle. For that goal, you have to signal the body with resistance training that it needs to keep (or gain) muscle while you shed fat, and you have to have the nutrition to back that up. The general class of training which is best for your outcomes is 'strength and conditioning' which is specific to individuals' goals or sports, but basically trains for muscle endurance, strength and cardio concurrently.

If you need any information on nutrition planning or training strategies, give me a shout and we can talk it through.
Old 27-10-2018, 02:49 PM
Master
I agree with what Gem posted completely....... resistance training will improve your body composition the best...but....make sure you are physically ready for that as he says...

I mentioned walking as a way to get started because even someone in less than great health can do that and it gets you moving and your blood flowing and it requires no equipment or gym......just start walking!

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!
Old 04-11-2018, 09:05 PM
Master
if you eat mostly fresh fruits and mix them properly (check out food combining information) you will heal your body the quickest and lose weight the best. I made a thread about this in the Healing section if you are open to reading my lengthy post but it is very important information I shared. You can eat a lot of fruit too and it will just help you lose more weight and get healthier as long as you eat it as we're supposed to.

when unhealthy exercising too much can be bad because exercise creates acids like lactic acid in the body, which when ill the body cannot detoxify it out very well.

but for the best exercises interval training is the quickest way to achieve the lactic acid effect which exercise is generally for and for that you just have to do high volume activity (like running fast or jumping rope or on a trampoline or swimming if you're lucky enough to have access to a nice body of water) for about half a minute (or even 10 seconds if you want to start lower)
and then do low activity (like walking or doing pilates or something) for a minute or two, or half a minute if you want. You can experiment but you really don't have to put forth all that much effort to exercise the body efficiently.

truly most people are just wasting time and taxing the body.. however of course it is wonderful to move the body and various yoga and mindful movements of the body and dance and such have much more effect than mere 'exercise'. if you like certain sports that can be great too especially if you have a person or people you enjoy doing them with.

one specific type of yoga exercises worth checking out is the 5 Tibetan Rites and it may be perfect for you because the rule is to start out slowly and you only do 3 of each exercise for the first days, then move up gradually. with a total of just 21 of each exercise being the goal once you work up to that level but you can take months to do it if you want.
The 5 Tibetan Rites are said to work the entire body and spiritual centers like chakras too

here's one source for information about the 5 rites but there are others you can explore and also youtube demonstration videos

http://www.mkprojects.com/pf_TibetanRites.htm
Old 04-11-2018, 11:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphirez
if you eat mostly fresh fruits and mix them properly (check out food combining information) you will heal your body the quickest and lose weight the best. I made a thread about this in the Healing section if you are open to reading my lengthy post but it is very important information I shared. You can eat a lot of fruit too and it will just help you lose more weight and get healthier as long as you eat it as we're supposed to.

when unhealthy exercising too much can be bad because exercise creates acids like lactic acid in the body, which when ill the body cannot detoxify it out very well.

but for the best exercises interval training is the quickest way to achieve the lactic acid effect which exercise is generally for and for that you just have to do high volume activity (like running fast or jumping rope or on a trampoline or swimming if you're lucky enough to have access to a nice body of water) for about half a minute (or even 10 seconds if you want to start lower)
and then do low activity (like walking or doing pilates or something) for a minute or two, or half a minute if you want. You can experiment but you really don't have to put forth all that much effort to exercise the body efficiently.

truly most people are just wasting time and taxing the body.. however of course it is wonderful to move the body and various yoga and mindful movements of the body and dance and such have much more effect than mere 'exercise'. if you like certain sports that can be great too especially if you have a person or people you enjoy doing them with.

one specific type of yoga exercises worth checking out is the 5 Tibetan Rites and it may be perfect for you because the rule is to start out slowly and you only do 3 of each exercise for the first days, then move up gradually. with a total of just 21 of each exercise being the goal once you work up to that level but you can take months to do it if you want.
The 5 Tibetan Rites are said to work the entire body and spiritual centers like chakras too

here's one source for information about the 5 rites but there are others you can explore and also youtube demonstration videos

http://www.mkprojects.com/pf_TibetanRites.htm

When losing weight, the main goal is to shed fat while preserving muscle, and the body uses muscle tissue for fuel if the muscle isn't being used and/or there is insufficient protein in the diet. Because of this, protein intake is the nutrient foundation especially for shedding fat. Resistance training signals "protein synthesis" (muscle building). The general rule is, make sure you get enough protein (between 0.8 and 1g per pound of lean mass (body weight minus fat weight)) and use the muscles, so you lose fat, not muscle.

Fruit contains rich micronutrients, so it is important in that regard, but that has to be considered in balance with carb intake - (as fruit contains sugars, which are carbs).

After establishing the protein intake, one has to make up their total calorie need with a balance of carbs and fats. Pretty much all the calories come from these three nutrients, and of course, the body MUST be in a calorie deficit to reduce weight. Fruit is a good carb source because of the additional vitamins an minerals, but total carb intake has to be considered.

Lactate isn't a toxin. On the contrary, it is part of the body's essential energy systems (anaerobic glycolisis), which burns carbohydrates for 'fuel'. Lactate is like the by-product this energy system, and it transported to the liver and converted to glucose - a 'fuel source'. Some researchers say that the muscle burning sensation is caused by the excessive hydrogen ions produced in the process rather that the lactate.

The cardio you suggest would be ideal as part of an exercise routine designed for fat loss, but jumping rope is usually not suitable for people with a condition of obesity because the excess weight exacerbates impact forces on the joints, and in most cases of people with obesity, the musculature and connective tissues is not strong enough to support those high forces.

The ideal mixture of exercise includes resistance training of some kind (this is essential for muscle preservation) along with an appropriate level of cardio to assist the calorie burn, and increase conditioning - the body's physical work capacity. The ideal diet would be a calorie deficit which includes high protein (essential) and a proper balance of carbs, fats and all of the micronutrients.

The article you posted is misleading, the recommendations therein are counterproductive, and the 'informational content' is both inadequate and untrue. The article does not mention calories which is the critical fundamental basis of nutrition, let alone the distribution of macronutrients, double let alone vitamins and minerals. A person with merit would address the true information necessary for establishing a sustainable fitness and health.
Old 05-11-2018, 12:58 AM
Master

I'd like to emphasize that fruits contain fructose, which is worse than glucose, as it isn't metabolized by the liver. I remember a coworker telling me that he can't understand how his mother is fat and has diabetes in spite of eating mostly fruits ... hello !!!

Regarding proteins ... excess protein is unhealthy (e.g. carcinogenic). You need about one-half gram of protein per pound of lean body mass; maybe 25% more If you're aggressively exercising, or pregnant.

Healthy fats should bring the most caloric contribution to one's daily healthy diet.

To lose weight you have to have a caloric deficit. To have a healthy lifestyle is a little more complicated, and includes maintaining a lean body composition and a normal weight. Being a plus size is unhealthy.
Old 05-11-2018, 03:20 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
I'd like to emphasize that fruits contain fructose, which is worse than glucose, as it isn't metabolized by the liver. I remember a coworker telling me that he can't understand how his mother is fat and has diabetes in spite of eating mostly fruits ... hello !!!

Regarding proteins ... excess protein is unhealthy (e.g. carcinogenic). You need about one-half gram of protein per pound of lean body mass; maybe 25% more If you're aggressively exercising, or pregnant.

Protein intake is at least 0.4 g per pound of lean mass - minumum. Less than that is malnourishment. Strenuous exercise increases the demand for essential proteins. 0.25g would induce a catabolic state regardless of what exercise one undertakes. A weight reducing diet includes at least 0.75g protein per pound of lean mass, along with activities that sustain muscle mass. That is not excessive and it is lower end of daily recommendations. Please double check my information with reputable sources.

Quote:
Healthy fats should bring the most caloric contribution to one's daily healthy diet.

That's a generalisation. It is possible to have a higher fat or a higher carb in the calorie balance and this depends on what is sustainable for an individual.

Quote:
To lose weight you have to have a caloric deficit
Quote:
. To have a healthy lifestyle is a little more complicated, and includes maintaining a lean body composition and a normal weight. Being a plus size is unhealthy.

Yes. Exactly. And an excellent point. Lifestyle is the key to sustainabililty and it is necessarily individualised according to how people want to live their own lives.