Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Natural Remedies

Old 05-02-2016, 05:08 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon_Glow
Thanks for the reply! Coincidently my partner cooks wonderful Japanese food (he's a cook and worked in a Japanese restaurant for a while) and we eat it several times a week... I ALWAYS feel better when eating this way.
When this starts happening every month, pay attention to other things that are going on...do you feel more psychic, sensitive, crazy at this time?

If so, there might be some emotional issues that you need to pay attention to. I think that women are especially perceptive and highly sensitive at this time of the month, and I think that it becomes a burden on them...instead of looking inside and really understanding why they are having such harsh issues.

Women seem to be more psychic at this time, they know when something is off. Ask yourself, if there are any unresolved issues in your life, that this time of the month is calling to your attention?

It might not be just your diet or lifestyle....it could be other issues that you have ignored or buried away.
Old 23-03-2016, 08:42 AM
Knower
Evening Primrose Oil I would definitely try that
Old 24-03-2016, 01:06 AM
Super Moderator
Yes Evening Primrose oil is great. I used to take that. And a good B-complex supplement. B6 is usually recommended, but it's always better to take the B vitamins as a complex, not just one on its own, so I hear. One cannot O/D on B vits as they are water soluble and don't stack up in the liver. What isn't needed is simply peed out!

Being careful about salt intake at this time is also helpful. Salt encourages water retention, and along with the hormones it can make you feel really bloated and groggy especially in the mornings. Yet weirdly, you might find yourself craving it! (salty snacks etc) Plain nuts are a better option especially Pecans which contain B6.
Old 09-04-2016, 10:23 PM
Knower
For me sugar intake is a big factor.. makes a huge difference when I cut it down or out.
Old 27-04-2016, 05:08 PM
Pathfinder
Most women I encounter (myself included) who have PMS related symptoms also suffer from adrenal fatigue or a taxed endocrine system in general... which then starts affecting your hormones in a variety of ways (mood included). While I'm not a doctor and highly recommend doing as much research as possible on this, the herbs that have made the biggest difference for me and some I know who have tried them are (in combination):
- Rhodiola
- Schizandra
- Holy Basil
---
also Black Cohosh and Vitex

Sugar, simple carbs, caffeine and alcohol are things I'd stay away from as they will all add to the strain on the endocrine system.

Meditation and clearing your chakras on a regular basis is huge because the chakras and the endocrine system work hand-in-hand :-)
Old 27-04-2016, 05:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyRose
Most women I encounter (myself included) who have PMS related symptoms also suffer from adrenal fatigue or a taxed endocrine system in general... which then starts affecting your hormones in a variety of ways (mood included). While I'm not a doctor and highly recommend doing as much research as possible on this, the herbs that have made the biggest difference for me and some I know who have tried them are (in combination):
- Rhodiola
- Schizandra
- Holy Basil
---
also Black Cohosh and Vitex

Sugar, simple carbs, caffeine and alcohol are things I'd stay away from as they will all add to the strain on the endocrine system.

Meditation and clearing your chakras on a regular basis is huge because the chakras and the endocrine system work hand-in-hand :-)

Thank you!!!!!!!

-Lord Rama to Laxman
Old 11-06-2016, 02:15 PM
Newbie ;)

Have you heard of a Himalayan Salt lamp I have it has great health benefits it has great health benefits enhances it is a natural healer purifies the air in your home ,enhances moods and also improves sleep.I have a few around my house but there is nicer one that I have read of it is called the Zencube and it is improved for better results.Perhaps this might just improve things for you a bit
Old 10-07-2016, 04:28 PM
Seeker

There are alot of essential oils that are effective. Since I am male, I cant give first hand accounts but know that clary sage is very effective. Lavender is also real good. I know they make mixes of oils specifically for this. Yling Yling is another. Frankincense and Peppermint are a couple more. Clary Sage is the most effective though in balancing hormones.
Old 10-07-2016, 04:29 PM
Deactivated Account

Have you tried DIM? I don't know much about it but it's worked wonders for my mother.
Old 15-08-2016, 04:59 AM
Guide
I majorly second the Evening Primrose Oil for PMS, and Rhodiola Rosea (though I have to skip PMS week as it boosts negative moods tremendously). Also, 5-HTP - it helps with regulate moods, and if you get insomnia or have trouble sleeping while PMS'ing, it helps sooo much! 200mg during the night, 300mg during PMS week, golden.