Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 22-10-2013, 09:34 AM
Master
Idea of false awakenings.

False awakenings.. ive spent the past 3 days battling my 'bodys' to not obe at the moment, im unwell and always find this happens more because i have to sleep more.
Its also those time i will end up in RTZ more often(Grrrrr !! ) than id like as i simply think i dont have enough energy to pull myself out of there, so its been unrestful to say the least! It almost feels like going backwards, back to all the things that happen when you first start and i was getting pretty annoyed about it, that aswell as it not being sleep! I am tired lol!
Anyways enough moaning but trying to pull something positive from a particular experience, i was pretty shocked out by it all and started discussing it with my friend who has no clue bout anything like this, i was explaining the part of false awakening i had which hasnt happened to me in over 20 years now! the experience leading up to this was interesting as in i didnt get it from falling asleep i was voided, thats only word i can use to explain it, your not asleep, but your also not intending to obe, its like someone just switches the light out and automatically another perspective kicks in, this particular time was extremely different though i had 3 bodys i was struggling with, 3 perspectives and 2 false awakenings... to which my friend pointed out that it would make sense to, 3 bodys, 2 false awakenings and then proper awakeness.....
It was also peculiar in as such i had panoramic vision, transparent in everything at any place at the same time, conciousness in 3 different places.. at once.. as one.. i even had physical feeling in my sleeping body felt by the other bodys, i could feel in one body , feel the feeling and watch it in the next body and then view both from another body as though it was all one, ive never been so utterly confused in my life
That got me thinking.. could it be a case of those false awakenings were indeed the individual re-rentry of each body?
Those of you who have had experiences with FA at the end of astral/obe.. can you remember how many of your bodys you were concious of out there (for me there is always a central awareness viewing all other awareness, i also have no control over getting that awareness when i want it. i can only guarntee i know how to from the sleeping body and the astral body, the other bodys seem more in control of me than i am!! ) wether its one or 2 or how ever many and had a false awakening involved with it, if those bodies represented the amount of times you awoke?
I guess this wouldnt make sense for those who have Fa happen 10 or more times, or maybe it would i just dont know! But wanted to put it out there and see if no-one minds sharing there thoughts on it :)
Kind blessings Loopy who is back off to bed to try and get some SLEEPY sleep!! :)

◌ⴽAꕂꕂ A simple smile could be the first aid kit that someone has been looking for,
If you believe with absolute honesty that you are doing everything you can....DO MOREꕂꕂ◌ⴽ
~Shane Koyczan~
Old 22-10-2013, 05:54 PM
Angelshand11

Wow! I'm afraid I have no advice but very intrigued!! What is it you mean by fals awakening? You mean as if you think you have woken up several times but in fact not? As for the extra 'bodies' I have never heard/known of his before! Very interesting... Or in your case not so at present! :) I hope you get some much needed rest :) xxx
Old 22-10-2013, 06:08 PM
Master
Hey angelshand, lovely name :)
False awakening I suppose to simplify is best described to someone who hasn't had it as dreaming you've woke up, then realising you haven't, then dreaming it again etc..its a very weird feeling!!
There are many different theorys out there for how many different bodys we have, how we use them and where, I cant even begin to imagine how much! Im sure it has a name what I experienced here, but im so confused by it all im not even sure the label would help lol!
Thanks for your reply, appreciated :) are you a traveller?
:)
Loopy :)

◌ⴽAꕂꕂ A simple smile could be the first aid kit that someone has been looking for,
If you believe with absolute honesty that you are doing everything you can....DO MOREꕂꕂ◌ⴽ
~Shane Koyczan~
Old 26-10-2013, 03:21 PM
Suspended
Hiya Loopy

I hope you have fully recovered and are feeling much better as you read this.

I've had a fair few false awakenings over the years. They are really strange. Mine tend to occur right after a high-lucid OBE (or projection, or whatever other terminology you wish to use). It's as if I've used up my whole quota of lucidity, but I'm not quite ready to wake up, so I have a dream where I'm utterly convinced I'm awake. Talk about the opposite of being lucid!

During FAs, I'm only ever aware of the one body. If I do realise at some point that I've entered another dream rather than being awake, I normally immediately wake up. I'm not sure how many FAs in a row I have - not many. I think that's because by the time I've had my lucid experience, I'm very close to waking reality.

I do remember one time being three separate consciousnesses (is that a word?! ). And having 360 degree vision. It sounds wacky when relating it, but at the time it was happening, it seemed perfectly normal and natural.

Over the years, I've come to think there's a heck of a lot of overlap that can occur with these experiences. Plenty of times I've been semi-astral (such as waving my astral arms around) whilst still believing I can feel my physical legs...only to find that once I'd reached full consciousness, my physical legs were in a different position to what I'd originally thought. It's like there are many layers in my mind and I can tune into one, or more, at any given time.

Regardless of what IS actually going on, it's great fun!
Old 26-10-2013, 04:18 PM
Master
Loopy--

I don't think I've had much FA experience but I did have an experience where "I'" (in lucid dream) walked to the kitchen, then saw myself outside the window, then saw the other two "mes" from the perspective of above the original "me".

But I eventually felt that the way in which I was asking for projection was what caused the problem. It was one of those--be careful what you wish for scenarios.

I asked that my body go to sleep and then regain full physical consciousness after I had gone to sleep. I think the "physical consciousness" was the problem as I fell asleep, got back physical consciousness (not the separated consciousness, whatever that is, that we take with us during projection). With physical consciousness, I would fall asleep again, get physical consciousness back. Anyway, hard to explain but it was like a nested or recursive situation.

I think I finally just woke back up after I had the broadest view of what was going on (with the other two "me" there).

I understand that your question has to do with there being a consistency with the number of "bodies" out there and the false awakenings. I would think there is a relationship.

But then again it's probably not going to change what happens anyway. Maybe.

Lora
Old 26-10-2013, 06:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatchit
Hiya Loopy

I hope you have fully recovered and are feeling much better as you read this.

I've had a fair few false awakenings over the years. They are really strange. Mine tend to occur right after a high-lucid OBE (or projection, or whatever other terminology you wish to use). It's as if I've used up my whole quota of lucidity, but I'm not quite ready to wake up, so I have a dream where I'm utterly convinced I'm awake. Talk about the opposite of being lucid!

During FAs, I'm only ever aware of the one body. If I do realise at some point that I've entered another dream rather than being awake, I normally immediately wake up. I'm not sure how many FAs in a row I have - not many. I think that's because by the time I've had my lucid experience, I'm very close to waking reality.

I do remember one time being three separate consciousnesses (is that a word?! ). And having 360 degree vision. It sounds wacky when relating it, but at the time it was happening, it seemed perfectly normal and natural.

Over the years, I've come to think there's a heck of a lot of overlap that can occur with these experiences. Plenty of times I've been semi-astral (such as waving my astral arms around) whilst still believing I can feel my physical legs...only to find that once I'd reached full consciousness, my physical legs were in a different position to what I'd originally thought. It's like there are many layers in my mind and I can tune into one, or more, at any given time.

Regardless of what IS actually going on, it's great fun!

Hey squatchit thanks for reply hun and yeh im getting better, slow but sure :) used the astral for some self healing aswell :) ty :)

Its a very weird thing isn't it, I just wondered how it might have some relation to others experiences, trying to make sense of it, i kinda want it to happen again now to see, but then i think cause im already thinking it might be, i might influence that, so was best to put it out there and have a ickle look around, maybe its just to ease us into the multi-whateveryawannacallit! its like the all seeing thing.. now i wanna play with it, see how far i can get that all seeing to well... see lol! i have had somany lucid/astral obe experiences, from both sleep and consciously encouraged ones, but ive never had an experience quite like that!
Its good to know im not alone in it tho! i was beginning to feel from the lack of replys it was just me going crazy! again... lol
How many layers are there for goodness sake!!! and why give them to a mind that questions as much as i do lol!! how did you learn to live with it as fun and not a mass of confusion if ya don't mind sharing your tips lol
kind blessings Loopy :) x

~Shane Koyczan~
Old 26-10-2013, 06:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by IsleWalker
Loopy--

I don't think I've had much FA experience but I did have an experience where "I'" (in lucid dream) walked to the kitchen, then saw myself outside the window, then saw the other two "mes" from the perspective of above the original "me".

But I eventually felt that the way in which I was asking for projection was what caused the problem. It was one of those--be careful what you wish for scenarios.

I asked that my body go to sleep and then regain full physical consciousness after I had gone to sleep. I think the "physical consciousness" was the problem as I fell asleep, got back physical consciousness (not the separated consciousness, whatever that is, that we take with us during projection). With physical consciousness, I would fall asleep again, get physical consciousness back. Anyway, hard to explain but it was like a nested or recursive situation.

I think I finally just woke back up after I had the broadest view of what was going on (with the other two "me" there).

I understand that your question has to do with there being a consistency with the number of "bodies" out there and the false awakenings. I would think there is a relationship.

But then again it's probably not going to change what happens anyway. Maybe.

Lora
Hey isle and thanjyou for reply :) nice to meet ya :)
what you say about having the broadest view that woke u up, makes sense to me to, i think the difference in terms of the physical consciousness you talk about was if i had 2 bodys, i could see that, but with 3 it felt to far away from the physical, i could watch my physical self waking up from the third point of view but not the 2nd as it seemed to be doing the same, was like it was so close it was pulled in if you like, so the broadest view for wakening does make sense ...its just any false awakenings i have had before, have always been with the physical and the astral if you want to level them out, and the mini me's you describe, which is what i term them not very technical i know! have always been in RTZ, my third perspective was way off the scale of that tho! it felt like my broadest perspective was from the moon, looking down on earth and the other two, one was flying in the sky and the other was on the ground..i wish i could describe it better! What do you think these different perspectives are here to teach us ?
Kind blessings Loopy :)

~Shane Koyczan~
Old 26-10-2013, 08:01 PM
Master
Loopy--

I'm not sure I know what they teach us. I get what you're saying about the perspective being further and further away. I do think that, as dimensions go, the RTZ being the closest, that our consciousness needs to travel through these zones to more "distant" (although they may not be distant in the physical sense, but finer and finer vibrations/dimensions, which in reality might actually be closer than RTZ. Sorry to be confusing!).

My most frequent vision as I go to sleep is of orbs. At first I thought these were my guides. Then it became unclear if it was "me" or "them". Then I realized it doesn't really matter which is which. We are all traveling at the same time.

I used to feel that when the orb was bigger, I was "connected". I would see it when I was zoning out watching some TV that made me think of some other spiritual idea, and I was lost in thought of that idea. I would see a big (in comparison to the small pencil-sized orbs I saw as I dozed off) blue orb, about the size of a nickel. Often it was not seen internally (i.e. third eye) but externally, just hanging out next to the TV.

But what I gradually began to realize is that the relative size of this orb had more to do with how "far out" I was. That is, if I dozed off quickly, let go of the physical stuff more quickly, then the "orb" was really small (far out).

If I was just turning over a night, it would not really get bigger, since I was just going to go back to sleep (and my consciousness could stay wherever it was).

But if I woke, began thinking about things (like what the size of the orb meant), then when I did close my eyes again, it was bigger.

So--I was gonna say that my experiences were the same as you observed, but actually it's the inverse. I saw more as I got further away (and the orbs got smaller) whereas you had the broadest view as you got closer to waking.

And that, I think, might have something to do with how closely you identify with the physical body.

I've never felt a need for the many "astral bodies" that people talk about--the astral, mental, emotional (??I don't even know if that's right.) I think that because I don't have a very close identification with my physical body. It is really one of my issues in this life--to accept the physical, the "game" body. Spiritual stuff I am much more comfortable with. Hence, why I tend to see myself as an orb when I am lucid. This one experience was a rarity for me. And since it didn't work, I gave up that method of trying to project.

I don't know if you can choose, or change your default way of traveling--from some kind of etheric body to another energetic kind. Most people that I've heard from are like you--traveling in bodies.

There was a girl who did a kind of energy/aura reading that is totally different than the type that are normally seen. She saw a whole "circulatory" structure underneath the glowy, cloudlike colors that most people see. I felt it was very fascinating--like saying that some humans don't have an aorta or heart but circulate their blood in a totally different way. (She also didn't see the stereotypical 8 chakras. She said most people had 2 or 3 dominant energy centers).

Anyway, I questioned her about how all this works, since she described herself as seeing with a kind of sonar, like bats. She didn't "see" anything like most people do, but rather bounced her energy off of people.

I asked about the dimensions and how she saw them. And then that lead into how many dimensions most people have access to.

She said that many of the etheric bodies--the emotional, mental, etc. --can only exist in a dimension like that energy. So, sometimes, those bodies do cross into other (higher) dimensions that can accomodate them. She talked about it in percentages--like maybe 60% of someone's mental body was in one dimension and the rest existed into another adjacent dimension.

So, in your case, each etheric body may have access to different dimensions.

But, again, that's opposite of what we were talking about, right? You said that before that was always true but this time the "last" body was with the broadest perspective. I got that only that one time when I was specifically asking for consciousness to be "restored" after I fell asleep.

Had you asked (guides/whomever) for anything special that night? What was different about this time from your normal experiences (beside the perspective thing)?

Sorry to be so long.

Nice to meet you too! I've been here since 2009, but haven't been getting out much the last few years.

Lora
Old 27-10-2013, 09:25 PM
Master
Hi Lora :) Wow thankyou so much for your reply, so in essence you see your spirituality if ya like, as complete energy and leave any aspect of a physical form at home so to speak? Kind of saying you dont see your physical form connected to your spiritual nature? like its unecessary? I find that really interesting because im sitting here agreeing thinking, its a good point! Why take that with ya!
Is that still how you travel now and does it ever deviate away from that?

And that, I think, might have something to do with how closely you identify with the physical body.
I've never felt a need for the many "astral bodies" that people talk about--the astral, mental, emotional (??I don't even know if that's right.) I think that because I don't have a very close identification with my physical body. It is really one of my issues in this life--to accept the physical, the "game" body. Spiritual stuff I am much more comfortable with. Hence, why I tend to see myself as an orb when I am lucid. This one experience was a rarity for me. And since it didn't work, I gave up that method of trying to project.

Im not to sure about all the bodys, i just call them multiple me's! haha! But yeh there is meant to be a few and also a certain amount of planes out there, but i gave up reading bout astral and obe etc a long time ago, it was absolutely vital to start with, because i didnt for years understand what was happening to me and it drove me nearly crazy, but after that it became to rigid and specific and things i would read would turn up etc, so i just stopped and just experienced. But yes your right as in im very aware in my human skin, like i know when i will ovulate, i can feel it, i 'feel' infections before illness symptoms, I know when im out of whack, even slightly, its like i sense the little changes within my body that are very subtle. In what areas are you unaccepting of your physical, if it not to personal to ask, and if it is i apologise and mean no offence :)

Its interesting what you say about the aura reading also and how she works, as recently in astral ive been doing a different kind of heling working on cell healing, initially i tried it on myself as i was out and had rested my hand under my face,, which had consequently gone pins and needles, knowing this would bring me back i tried this type of healing just to see what would happen and it held some cool results, i managed to stay out a little longer despite it being a very physical prompt that would of usually bought me straight back. Again i dont know much about energy centres but it makes alot of sense we'd only have 2-3 predominant ones else we'd all be feeling fabulous huh lol :)

Had you asked (guides/whomever) for anything special that night? What was different about this time from your normal experiences (beside the perspective thing)?.......

Actually i did leave out the basis of this projection, i usually travel thru flight floating, esp as im hardly ever in rtz, but in the middle of all this i transported with immediate instant and no intention to, my sons room, he was in his cot playing with a little baby, i kept looking at this other baby thinking he looks familiar, i know somethings not right! So i watch for a while and there playing and laughing, my son has his blanket over his head n his back to me, im just staring at this baby and then think i will move closer as he looks so familiar, as i do my son turns and throws the child out the crib, i panic go to catch him, do so by his arm and then im dragged back into odd perspective world.. but i viewed all this and was part of it again from 3 bodys, with one overall view.
When i came round from all thisi felt pretty sick to be honest, went through to my sons room and he was sat awake with his blanket over his head, again i felt sick!!
I have asked for two things in obe lately, one was to meet with my mum who passed last year, soon after she passed i lost a baby also, the baby would of been due the same day as my sons birthday, which is not far away.
I dont know what to make of it all to be honest, i know somethings going on, i know that the first time i got high enough to meet mum i messed it all up cause i havent got my emotions under control and we all know what happens when you havent! since then ive become aware half way through meetings with her and stopped as soon as i am, so its like now she has gone bk to getting me just used to seeing her again thru dreams etc, so yeh part of me wonders if that was my baby, and this energy flow has kinda slowed down a little, to allow me to catch up if you like, its like im being got used to certain things, before the grand finale its a weird feeling, i dont ask for anything spiritually really, of my guides or anything, this is prob the first thing ive ever asked for for myself, ive done a ton of readings and healings etc to try and keep it balanced as it does feel slightly selfish..and so far its been pretty intense!!
Thanks for your time here. i enjoy listening to your thoughts :)
Loopy :)

~Shane Koyczan~
Old 27-10-2013, 10:27 PM
Master
Wow, Loopy, so many questions I have now.

I'm gonna go from last to first if you don't mind.

As for it being selfish to ask for things for yourself: What I had in mind was more like "Can you help me boost my energy, remove my fear so that I can successfully meet with my mother?" I mean, that sounds like a natural thing to ask after you've been trying for some experience and you know your own fears are getting in the way.

But I don't see that as "selfish" really. I am in the process of trying to grow, deal with fears, and hopefully understand better. I think they'd all be on board with that. At least I hope so!

So, when this happened, you had this experience where you think you were meant to meet your unborn son. Was it fear,then, that you think prevented that? To me, that experience that you described sounds again like trying to tell you that, no matter how you try, in whatever dimension, you won't be able to "catch" the baby in enough time to change the circumstances. It implies your son is well aware of him. And he (your unborn baby) seems fine.

Now--let me make sure I understood your "cell healing". So you were "out" in a
projection and knew that your hand (in physical) was losing circulation and you'd have to go back to body soon, so you tried doing a little "cell healing" to increase the circulation there and extend your "trip"? Very ingenious!

I am not nearly that skilled at OBEs. The reason I have the beliefs I do about etheric bodies is that, long before I even attempted projection, I saw the orbs. It took a while to realize they were me. I did that by seeing them when I am waking up. At first there were 3 or 4 of them. Now it's one or two sometimes. But if, while lying there, I do a visualization of "bringing the light down"--I can actually see the orb brighten. I actually see the light coming from the top of my head too, like light moving down an elevator shaft. The first time I put he two together I was surprised. Oh--so that's ME doing that. Then the orb would brighten.

I also witness and watch all the "size" difference in "my orb" ---and have also come to some conclusions about how "far out" I am. Sometimes when you fall asleep it happens fast and if I then get pulled back by something in physical, the orb is tiny already--already moving out.

I just figure that that is the form I travel in when I don't bring my physical consciousness along with me. So it makes sense to me that the "etheric body" might not be necessary.

I do think it makes sense that the energy of a consciousness is in a form. A circular form is very common in nature and all energy it seems like a very compact and efficient way to travel.

Others have said you HAVE to have these bodies or you will (a) tear away the silver cord (if there is one) or (b) have your energy uncontained.

I just think that when we become conscious entities, as opposed to raw energy without consciousness (and I'm really not sure there is such a thing!) but when we do, there is already an inherent "glue" that keeps our unique energy together. We can choose to make different energy shapes, send some of our consciousness elsewhere or whatever, but I don't think we would be like fog that dissipates into the air without a container.

I am also very conscious of every little thing going on in my physical body, but it was because of dysfunction that was going on. I felt I had to "watch" it carefully to get ahead of anything that wasn't functioning right. Since then I've realized that just another form of fear--of not feeling protected, safe and unharmed no matter where you are or what your body is doing.

The accepting-the-physical thing came from having many critical people around me from a very young age (last of 7 kids, critical parents). I wasn't that way at first but eventually if I walked across the room I could feel the criticism flowing at me. It gets to be a self-fulfilling prophecy. And is another form of choosing not to feel safe, protected. It's something I'm going to have to unlearn. But it keeps me from doing things, going places or acting spontaneously when I would normally have done, gone and acted. I'll get there, but it's taking a long, long time.

So do you feel that some sort of etheric body is necessary when you travel? Are you aware of it when you travel?

I mean there are times, like the experience in the kitchen I described, when there is a body. But for me that's more because that began like a dream, went to lucid. I was hoping for it to go to projection after that.

Another thing I do often is ask my guides/helpers/teachers is that when I want to project or even to just remember my dreams, I ask specifically for enough energy to project, to be fully conscious, to have full physical memory of all that occurs and to have the time and energy necessary to form a full dream to convey the experience.

After one of the Seth books, I am really convinced that dreams are not just these things we throw together from our left-over day (although there can be those), but that what really happens is that we go to dimensions where there is no visual, auditory, feeling, taste and have direct experiences with other energies/consciousnesses. It's very difficult to translate those deep experiences into sensory things that we can make sense of, so I think there is a secondary "assembling the dream" phase where we make the dream in order to retain the experience. It requires enough psychic energy to do so after the experience. Sometimes, we get slammed back so fast into the body that it drives out any memory of the experience.

So sometimes I make a point of asking my guides to help me plan the resources in order to remember. It's like planning a trip and being sure you have everything you need. If we ask, they can help us remember to do all those things--or help us directly in doing it.

And sometimes I ask my guides to just show me things so I can understand. I've asked forever if I can understand my own energy (or lack of it at times) and why it isn't functioning or what I can do to change that. I had an experience where I was floating in blackness and saw what looked like a green glass jewelry case, like jewelry stores have. Then, I saw this blinding flashing--like an police light or light house. It was regular--slower than the police light and fast than a light house. That was it.

Now that one I feel "they" assembled for me. But "I" still don't entirely get it. But I guess i will when I'm ready.

Anyway, long post--but I like to talk to someone who is making their own way and not really paying attention to how people say things "should" be happening.

Thanks for the convo--I really enjoy learning.

OH--and you have to explain some of your terminology to me. What means "flight floating"?? Haven't heard that one before. So, in the middle of doing it, this OBE started?

Anyway, hope your day is good. I'm trying to fix my old computer for my husband's office. PCs! I'd like to make an anchor of it! I was gonna give it to a friend who will not get on the Internet. But I just ordered him a used iPad instead. I thought that would be much less stressful.

Have a good one Loop!

Lora