Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 20-10-2018, 11:38 AM
Master
I've just gotten to the "Conclusions" part of Dr. Newton's book and some of his conclusions are remarkably consistent with my own meditations.
Old 20-10-2018, 11:21 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
I've just gotten to the "Conclusions" part of Dr. Newton's book and some of his conclusions are remarkably consistent with my own meditations.
Like what?
Old 21-10-2018, 11:27 AM
Newbie ;)

Ah synchronicity... I was reading this book last night and I joined this forum today. Currently, I am struggling to measure past lives and parallel lives. I think it's all in the present moment so these are more simultaneous lives. Of course, this makes it all more confusing.
Old 21-10-2018, 09:12 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornonthecusp
Like what?

One of Dr. Newton's thought-provoking conclusions was: "In a remarkable underlying message, particularly from advanced subjects, the possibility is held out that the God-oversoul of OUR universe is on a less-than-perfect level. Thus complete infallibility is deferred to an even higher divine source."

This suggests a spiritual hierarchy not dissimilar to the standard dream analogy in which the dreamer is the creator of an entire dream universe and yet the dreamer, by our own admission, is on a less-than-perfect level.The implications are mind-boggling. This conclusion is consistent with my own meditations, the "matrix" vision of the Christian Mystic Teillard de Chardin, and stories in the Yog Vashistha to name a few.

There are several other thought-provoking conclusions but I will limit my response to this one since it was the one that surprised me the most as one does not normally read such things.
Old 21-10-2018, 09:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by MultiversianReflector
Ah synchronicity... I was reading this book last night and I joined this forum today. Currently, I am struggling to measure past lives and parallel lives. I think it's all in the present moment so these are more simultaneous lives. Of course, this makes it all more confusing.

There was a movie, "Inception", which tried to express the concept of lives within lives (as in a dream) and parallel lives. The movie was confusing to follow but nonetheless quite good.

Since you are reading the book, you are probably aware of the parallel lives mentioned in the book. While bilocation, as demonstrated by entities such as Padre Pio in Christianity and Milarepa in Tibetan Buddhism, is not exactly the same thing, implications can be made from the documented bilocation experiences.

Synchronicity, on the other hand, is another topic altogether and is discussed extensively in Carl Jung's works. It seems connected to the attractive forces in the underlying levels of consciousness (collective unconscious in Jungian terminology) whereby nothing really happens "by chance".

These are good topics for this thread, and I hope that you elaborate more on your interpretations of these phenomena.

P.S. The University of Virginia Psychology/Psychiatry Department has done extensive research into what they call "post mortem survival" (in preference to "past lives"). Multi-disciplinary teams have been able to research memories from children just starting to speak about another life and, when enough detail was provided, the team was able to validate the details in the actual location where the remembered events reportedly happened.
Old 29-10-2018, 12:44 AM
Knower
I read both Michael Newton’s books “Journey of Souls” and “Destiny of Souls”..They were the first books I gravitated towards after my two eye-lock phenomenons with young Soulmates and I went searching for answers on what I had experienced..:-)

I was hoping for more info in the Advanced Souls section but I can understand why he didn’t have too many subjects there...Advanced Souls already have this “knowing” within them and really don’t need life regressions to understand Who They Are..They are just busy Living their lives..Their intuitions are strong..I’m not an Advanced Soul yet but I can already feel that I really don’t want to know things ahead of time..lol..I want to feel my experience fully and have those genuine AHA! moments..lol...I read subsequent Soul books (by various authors: Neale Donald Walsch, Robert Schwartz, Dr. Brian Weiss, Jane Roberts - SETH books, etc), watched Abraham Hicks/Esther Hicks YouTube videos, IANDS (International Association for Near Death Studies) NDE YouTube videos, and read lots of NDE real stories on www.NDErf.org to see that EVERYTHING is relatable and connected and they ALL are saying the same thing with different pieces of the puzzle..:-)

And the Matrix movie with it’s slow motion/frozen frames of movement is REAL...There are NDErs who’ve experienced it..And I had my Sight go into slow motion when I encountered my 2nd eye-lock Soulmate when he’d gotten within 2 feet in front of me..lol...This 2nd Soulmate also kept staring at my eyes/face and I could’ve sworn he had dark eyes..but I come to find out that he had mint green eyes..So when I finally went searching for answers and came upon Michael Newtons “Journey of Souls” book, the part where he’d stated that our Souls can recognize each other via dark orbs that can represent “eyes”, that hit home with me somehow..lol..And I did have real Telepathy with this 2nd Soulmate as well - I “heard” his thought in my head..His thought interrupted mine out if the blue, that’s how I knew it wasn’t my own thought...I thought I’d “heard” it but I don’t recall hearing any voices..lol..Anyhow, there were other phenomenons with this 2nd Soulmate like I had a past life vision pop into my head out of the blue while my vision was going slow-motion with him..lol..Michael Newtons books also addressed why some of us “psychically” see certain “visions”, etc.

Thanks for sharing this thread because Newton’s books are one of my faves!..:-)
Old 29-10-2018, 12:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRose
I read both Michael Newton’s books “Journey of Souls” and “Destiny of Souls”..They were the first books I gravitated towards after my two eye-lock phenomenons with young Soulmates and I went searching for answers on what I had experienced..:-)

I was hoping for more info in the Advanced Souls section but I can understand why he didn’t have too many subjects there...Advanced Souls already have this “knowing” within them and really don’t need life regressions to understand Who They Are..They are just busy Living their lives..Their intuitions are strong..I’m not an Advanced Soul yet but I can already feel that I really don’t want to know things ahead of time..lol..I want to feel my experience fully and have those genuine AHA! moments..lol...I read subsequent Soul books (by various authors: Neale Donald Walsch, Robert Schwartz, Dr. Brian Weiss, Jane Roberts - SETH books, etc), watched Abraham Hicks/Esther Hicks YouTube videos, IANDS (International Association for Near Death Studies) NDE YouTube videos, and read lots of NDE real stories on www.NDErf.org to see that EVERYTHING is relatable and connected and they ALL are saying the same thing with different pieces of the puzzle..:-)

And the Matrix movie with it’s slow motion/frozen frames of movement is REAL...There are NDErs who’ve experienced it..And I had my Sight go into slow motion when I encountered my 2nd eye-lock Soulmate when he’d gotten within 2 feet in front of me..lol...This 2nd Soulmate also kept staring at my eyes/face and I could’ve sworn he had dark eyes..but I come to find out that he had mint green eyes..So when I finally went searching for answers and came upon Michael Newtons “Journey of Souls” book, the part where he’d stated that our Souls can recognize each other via dark orbs that can represent “eyes”, that hit home with me somehow..lol..And I did have real Telepathy with this 2nd Soulmate as well - I “heard” his thought in my head..His thought interrupted mine out if the blue, that’s how I knew it wasn’t my own thought...I thought I’d “heard” it but I don’t recall hearing any voices..lol..Anyhow, there were other phenomenons with this 2nd Soulmate like I had a past life vision pop into my head out of the blue while my vision was going slow-motion with him..lol..Michael Newtons books also addressed why some of us “psychically” see certain “visions”, etc.

Thanks for sharing this thread because Newton’s books are one of my faves!..:-)

You very articulately addressed what was understandably missing in Dr. Newton's book, namely the paucity of information gleaned from the advanced souls who have no need for hypnotherapy sessions.

A lot of your readings are books that I have read in the past though I was a bit surprised that Edgar Cayce did not appear on your past reading lists, as he is probably the most documented mystic of our times and many of his readings include communication with departed souls.

Thank you for sharing your recognition experience with your soul mate. I will share something akin from my own life. Many years ago, I was walking through Grand Central Station (GCT) on Thanksgiving evening when I saw a "homeless" man with sparkling eyes (not an aura) who commanded my attention. He did not seem like an ordinary homeless man as his magnetic energy was compelling. He was black (I'm Italian-Czech) and, since he had a beard, his age could have been anywhere from the 30s to the 60s while I was in my 20s at the time. Outwardly, we had nothing obvious in common. Nonetheless, I offered to buy him something to eat, which he accepted, and I left as soon as I paid the bill while "patting myself on the back" metaphorically for having done a "good deed".

This was the beginning of a nine-year relationship. For the first 2 years, I would take him out to eat whenever he appeared (either at GCT, the St. Francis of Assisi Church that I frequented, or just on the street). We would have ostensibly superficial conversations but, each time, he would say or do something that was thought-provoking.

Suddenly, after two years of meetings of this nature, everything changed. I had just walked out of a mass at St. Francis of Assisi Church because I wasn't pleased with the sermon and needed quiet time. When I saw him in the lobby, I offered to take him out to lunch as per our custom. As we were eating, my MIND wandered to the sermon and questions were being raised in my MIND. Of course, there was no need to verbalize these thoughts with a "homeless" man.... or so I thought. As my MIND was wandering, he suddenly either answered the question directly or made a statement that served as a catalyst to my understanding. I chalked it off as a "coincidence". However, it happened a second time and then a third time and then a fourth time. It became obvious that this was NOT a "coincidence". He then looked at me and said point-blank, "Isn't it obvious that people can read each other's minds?" He then proceeded to read me ... sensitively .. like an open book as if we had known each other all our lives. Finally, I asked him, "I've known you for 2 years. Why haven't you spoken to me like this before?" His response appropriately was that "You weren't even ready for basics". I wasn't offended despite the jarring comment to my "enlightened learned state" (LOL). We then continued to speak for a while and I asked him if he would stay at my house that night. He politely refused. I offered to give him my number so he could call collect whenever he wanted to get together. Once again, he refused but added "Whenever you need me, I'll be there." Sure enough, whenever I was doing something less than noble, he would appear seemingly out of nowhere and say, "are you doing something noble today?" When I shrugged at the question, he would say, "Let's talk". I knew this "homeless" man for 9 years before he told me that "my work with you is finished" and that "another teacher would come to take my place". This continued for 9 years (9 is often considered to be the astrological number of completion) and, even today, he stands as one of my ideals. (There is a lot more to this story, but that will suffice for now.)

Telepathy is a fact. It is also a fact that there are advanced souls all around to help those who are sincere when help is needed. As in this story, the "help" can come from those in the most unexpected sources and places. Using Dr. Newton's terminology, it is not clear whether he was a soul-mate or a guide but the connection was most assuredly unforgettable and a catalyst for moving forward.
Old 29-10-2018, 12:45 PM
Experiencer
I haven't yet, but I think I'm going to.

Thanks for the recommendation.

sf
Old 29-10-2018, 01:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulforce
I haven't yet, but I think I'm going to.

Thanks for the recommendation.

sf

The book is definitely thought-provoking and worth reading ! I hope that you find it equally thought-provoking and enjoyable.
Old 27-11-2018, 12:12 AM
Knower

I've read Michael Newton's books. A couple of case studies in one of them allude to a separation in both intent, personality and consciousness between the immortal being (soul, spirit, etc) and the mortal (you and I, our consciousness), which I thought was a bit odd.

One of the passages of which I speak are in reference to this girl whose spirit caused her to fall [from a carriage?] and become crippled for life, which in turn would presumably lead her to study more and teach her parents about love, or so the account said.
It spoke of how the spirit waited until the human consciousness was playing in a precarious spot to influence it enough to trip and cause the accident. It implied they had separate will from one another. The implications for this would be at best puzzling and at worst a bit terrifying.

I'm addition, in one of the books there is also talk of parallel lives. If "I" am the spirit/soul consciousness that has chosen to reincarnate and go through a "veil of forgetfulness", how can there be two copies of me in different bodies at the same time? Who gets to have more influence as the observer and decision maker with will? Neither? What are the mechanics of that? Again, it implies that you and I, our consciousness, is the mortal vessel simply used by the spirit, which has its own agenda and will, and is aware of its many lives, past and present, able to influence them to achieve its goal of learning.
It's a bit disturbing, if the books are taken as valid.

Has anyone else reasoned through the repercussions of those things and find them to be valid? What does that say about our true nature, and the nature of the relationship between you, the conscious observer, and the supposed spiritual immortal being learning at your expense?