Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 20-02-2019, 05:01 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmundJohnstone
Still, the same physicist stated that "The laws of physics underlying everyday life are completely understood" and “There’s no way within those laws to allow of the information stored in our brains to persist after we die.”

Concluding that "For life after death to be possible, Carroll argues the laws of physics would have to completely change."

What do you have to say about this?

Hmmm. I suspect that physicists in the 19th century likewise considered that the Newtonian laws of physics explained the universe, and then along came Einstein and they had to rethink everything.

Ideally a scientist is open-minded, searching for answers and willing to adapt their ideas of the universe as new information is discovered.

In practice, science is often bound by very fixed ideas, and anything which does not fit these ideas is rejected or else they come up with an explanation which allows them to hold on to their existing model of the universe.

The obvious example is the scientific belief that consciousness, the mind, thinking etc are all products of the physical brain, and when the body dies then that is the end of consciousness and the mind.

So they say that Near-Death Experiences cannot possibly be consciousness leaving the body and experiencing events in other dimensions. Instead it is all occurring in the brain which is busy firing neurons as a final response to the impending physical death.

So yes, for life after death to be considered possible then the accepted laws of physics would have to change. Or maybe it is truer to say that scientists will have to accept that there are laws of physics that they have yet to discover.

I've just read an interesting piece put out by an assortment of scientists in a variety of disciplines called 'Manifesto for a Post-Materialistic Science'. A couple of extracts:

6. Science is first and foremost a non-dogmatic, open-minded method of acquiring knowledge about nature through the observation, experimental investigation, and theoretical explanation of phenomena. Its methodology is not synonymous with materialism and should not be committed to any particular beliefs, dogmas, or ideologies.

12. Some materialistically inclined scientists and philosophers refuse to acknowledge these phenomena because they are not consistent with their exclusive conception of the world. Rejection of post-materialist investigation of nature or refusal to publish strong science findings supporting a post-materialist framework are antithetical to the true spirit of scientific inquiry, which is that empirical data must always be adequately dealt with. Data which do not fit favored theories and beliefs cannot be dismissed a priori. Such dismissal is the realm of ideology, not science.

You can see the full manifesto at http://opensciences.org/about/manife...ialist-science

Peace.
Old 21-02-2019, 11:27 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Still, the same physicist stated that "The laws of physics underlying everyday life are completely understood" and “There’s no way within those laws to allow of the information stored in our brains to persist after we die.”
"Sometimes people are just people, man." Both Spiritual and scientific people have all the answers yet they completely contradict each other and ignore each other. The thought patterns, the doctrines, the arrogance.... all exist in both science and Spirituality because people put them there. God made man, man made religion - and science, and the gulfs between them.

The laws of physics underlying everyday Life are not understood. Hameroff and Penrose have discovered microtubules in the brain which are quantum-capable and are shielded from the brain's electrical activity. Not only is that a fairly recent discovery, quantum theory is also in its infancy. Max Planck said of quantum theory that we should conclude there is an intelligence behind the Universe, is that his way of saying there is a God after all? Those microtubules certainly seem to have been put there 'by design' so I could call that a case for the existence of God. At the same time though, the microtubules are entangled with the field of probability that sounds like God to me.

It's though that memory is outside of the brain and has nothing to do with the electrical signals. If you talk to any medium and they give you messages from your Loved Ones in Spirit, the chances are good that you'll find memories coming through. If the memory is only in the brain and all electrical activity has ceased, how does that happen?

Planck said that we had to conclude that there was an intelligence behind the Universe - matter being emergent of consciousness making the Bible and Spirituality right. And if matter is emergent of consciousness Spirituality has it backwards. Oh dear. Einstein and many others believed in God, Nikolai Tesla said that when science begins to study Spirituality it'll make more advances in ten years than it has done throughout its history. Naseem Haramein said that Spirituality is the science we don't yet understand. And for your interest, science and religion were the same thing at one stage in history, and it's really not difficult to see what's happening.

Quote:
Concluding that "For life after death to be possible, Carroll argues the laws of physics would have to completely change."

What do you have to say about this?
He's right. The Laws of physics are man-made best guesses with the information that is available, and they are not an ultimate of any kind. The laws explain, they don't dictate.
Old 21-02-2019, 01:30 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
Hey there GS, yes I understand your position and many have put it forward. But IMO it doesn't ring fully true simply because, in my illuminations, it is the change that we incur or experience or CREATE that yields cumulative change in the greater whole. Or, what we might call that which informs What Is of What Is more truly. If not for us doing our own little thing with all the in-between freely chosen (if not always with deeper awareness, LOL) then What Is [not this] would be something different to What Is [this]. If not for our creation, our choice, our decisions taken, then things would still BE but they would BE differently to now. You might say, well then how would you know? That's the thing, hahaha...I just do. LOL...But seriously, for certain, the future is changing all the time.

And so the only reason Source knows "the future" is because as soon as we take decisions, then of course that moment was always decided as such and can be viewed outside of time "prior to" that moment.

Unless we make a different choice and then it was always that other way.

That's why it all flows from the heart centre and right alignment. Everything else is shifting sands and intellectual semantics ;)
Hi 7L

Intellectual semantics indeed. I know I'm going through some major changes right now and so many things are unsettled and uncertain, and discussions like these help me work through those changes. It's good to get things off my chest. I'm mostly running with my feelings but trying to explain it intellectually.

I've created something useful out of my experiences and have always been mindful that I'm not creating a monster, which can be so easy to do. We could argument versus counter-argument until the cows come home and still not get anywhere but being honest, are we missing something?
"It is like a finger, pointing at the moon. If you look at the finger you miss all of that heavenly glory."
Bruce Lee.

So if we are intellectualising, are we not moving into heart-centred consciousness?

I know what happened and I know what happened because of it, and I can't help but wonder about the ripples that might yet be moving out. What I'm left with is the sentiment that if I had the choice I'd do it all over again with no qualms. Regardless of beliefs and explanations that says that I have at least accepted and come to terms with what happened. It feels nice and fluffy to have not created a Frankenstein.

I knew that, not so long ago, if we'd made another choice it would always have been that way. I remember the feeling when I realised it. Curious.

Quote:
The answer (to why and to healing) both does and does not lie within us. That is, it lies within us but not solely within us. There is interrelationship and context at every level -- regarding both the why's and healing.

Not all that affects us is within our control, of course. What is within our control is our internal alignment with our centre, and thus our intent, thought, word, and deed...or, how we act or react, as some put it.
I do understand that the healing is often 'beyond' us as much as it is within us and the inter-relationships at the levels.

I've done a lot of Past Life exploration and to keep it short and simple, in a Past Live my father and I had been at complete loggerheads, I don't know the complete details but as far as I remember I really didn't like him very much. During the exploration I remember feeling something very strong towards him that I didn't like very much. My father died just after I was born and under mysterious circumstances. As he walked out of the house my mother knew it was for the last time. That day he died in a tractor accident that has yet to be explained. I've spoken to a few people who actually worked on the same farm, as well as the man who found him. None of them can understand it. The only blessing was that it was fairly quick and sure.

What I was told by a medium is that my father died so I could have my own Life, and my mother has said that if he had Lived we would have been at loggerheads with each other because of the difference in characters. Every time I think of him I have to fight back the tears.

This whole Life of mine has been about so many understandings at a very deep level, and much of it around clearing out old energies, essentially. The more I go through it the more I can see a chain of cause and effect running through it all, and the less I can come to terms with 'random' - especially considering the death of my father and the healing that has happened at both human and Spirit levels.

The bottom line for me is that things have turned out the way they have and I'm grateful for that in many ways. In terms of ethics, as far as I;m concerned there's been a 'greater good' running through it all and while I may not always like it, it's certainly been 'worth it' - there's been a price to pay. I'm being as honest and authentic as I can be given what information/intuition I have.

Quote:
Actually, you are, at core, nothing more than your own unique slice of apprehension, illumination, and you expression of right alignment. At core, you are your intention and your choice and those things do align with morality and ethics. There is ultimately no separation. IMO folks get way too caught up in all the divisions and separations. You are only who you are, no matter when and where. Granted, your level of experience and wisdom will eventually change across lifetimes, and that's as it should be.
And that's what keeps it interesting.

Quote:
The universe will help us all figure it out, luckily, given an infinite amount of time, as needed...that's the beauty of it...so what you don't get in this lifetime, don't despair.

However, I completely agree with you that what you can do for another and particularly for those close to you...just do it. Live in the now and be generous with kindness and (though it can be hard) acceptance.

I had a moving moment re: what has gone before, including in this lifetime. What was conveyed to me very directly was that sometimes some folks do change. On their own time and when least expected. And nothing that has gone before makes sense any more from the perspective of who they are now...which presumably is a somewhat more radiant being So, what cannot always be logically sorted can instead be accepted and affirmed. Which is more powerful, ultimately? It has to be the latter...because we simply cannot sort it all intellectually but yet the heart can easily expand to apprehend. Or with some practice anyway.
If you give an infinite number of monkeys an infinite number of typewriters, one of them will write Hamlet. And while I only have this Life to enjoy the bottle of rather fine single malt whiskey I received for being nominated as regional Unsung Hero, I have all of eternity to be Spiritual.

There's a brilliant advert that comes up sometimes when I'm watching YouTube. Sadhguru asks what we would like to live with - is it peace, harmony, etc? Then he goes on to say that we need to remember that others would say the same thing.

Sometimes the changes are subtle but sometimes the changes have been very dramatic, but there have been changes nonetheless. And dramatic turnarounds do happen time and again. So I can accept that it happens and affirm it, and it is powerful. For me also though is the feeling of being a part of something bigger than me. It began in my early childhood I think and has stayed with me since, and it's one of the things that drove me to join the RAF - then become Spiritual. It's still within me but I perceive it very differently, now it's become a motivator for change while at the same time I can accept myself as I am now, and I can accept that I have this motivation for change. The drive to be a part of something bigger than myself sits in between the ideology that "We are One" and the the pragmatism and realisation of how we are One in a practical way. I feel it's something I have to explore more fully and not just accept, because there are other understandings.

It also tells me that there's a space that I haven't moved into as yet but I am aware it's there. And that's good because it means there's no stagnation.

Quote:
How far back? It's a seemingly paradoxical combo of "all the way back" and "I just got here yesterday so this last bit can only be fully owned by me as of today". Go figure, LOL... Yet both/and it is. Easier to accept at heart than by mind.
I was watching a YouTube on Samadhi and it intrigued me. One of the things the experiencer said was that they didn't so much transcend the ego and leave it all behind, instead they realised the role ego plays and they could make the choice as to whether or not they 'used' it. In the same vein as your question; the sky is blue, the sky isn't blue because what you see is reflection/refraction, from space the sky can look as though it has an arc of green..... But you get the idea. You 'got here today' and it was 'all the way back' so no paradox, so there!

Quote:
Good on you...do what you can and serve where you're able. It's all we can do. More comes clear over time but at the same time, it won't make sense to most without some illumination and resonance, without a much deeper awareness. And that's ok too.
Thank you.

Everything is OK because it is my choice - and everyone can have that choice. I just feel it's OK to be OK'.

Quote:
Things may change and perhaps there are some impacts. Sometimes you gotta do it again...and again...hahaha. But the choices you make in each moment are what matter. What matters is where your heart and soul are and how they are oriented to the souls in your life. And as you grow, you certainly may take different choices...not in any one lifetime -- I would never touch any of What Is on some stupid whim or even due to any honest, heartfelt regret or remorse, etc. I agree all that has happened is What Is to this point. Thus. instead, you carry it all forward...so that instead, I seek to take ownership, make amends, and live more truly from centre now and in all future now moments. Including the next life (or what have ye).
Not so much - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jHsq36_NTU
As Above, So Below and all that. We're never back at Square One, we're always moving forwards both physically and Spiritually.

I don't think we're as close to having the answers as we'd like to think we are, being honest, and again ethics come into the equation. There have been some not-so-nice people that I've learned from and if they hadn't 'been them' perhaps I might not have learned. So I'm grateful and OK that people haven't been living truly with their centre. But again, 'truly' is one of those very relative words that changes in context.

Many years ago I asked a simple question - "What do I want to Live with in my heart?" My mother used to say "You've made your bed, now you can lie in it." Very often it's the simplest and often not what would be defined as Spiritual phrases that have made the biggest impact.

Quote:
It's been a pleasure here as well. And I do have some of the same sentiments -- for one, I do know everyone's journey is different, for all it's interwoven. So who's to say. For two, who knows and the truth is no doubt far beyond more of this or less of that :) And for three, another of my dearly loved close soul fam member has received and shared an illumination of some kind, which I can feel as a general sense of love, wellbeing, and healing...and as we all know, that moves the collective as a whole forward. And I do think that it was brought forward in considering the why? and then some healing insight, as a result of what you and I were discussing. All for one and one for all, in that sense.

Peace & blessings
7L
You and I are different expressions of the same thing, 7L and anything else is semantics but then if there was no potential difference would the current still flow? Welcome to the "Mind of God."