Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 25-01-2017, 08:04 PM
Experiencer
Good places to connect with other mediums?

I'm wondering if anyone knows a good place online to connect with other mediums? I've been here a few years now and don't feel this is the place but those that are here with mediumship abilities anywhere you frequent online that mediums discuss their growth and learnings? I am in a local development group but am more Curious to meet people in other countries with different background to to expand my knowledge

Pm me if that's more appropriate...
Old 26-01-2017, 02:53 AM
leadville

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenifly
I'm wondering if anyone knows a good place online to connect with other mediums? I've been here a few years now and don't feel this is the place but those that are here with mediumship abilities anywhere you frequent online that mediums discuss their growth and learnings? I am in a local development group but am more Curious to meet people in other countries with different background to to expand my knowledge

Pm me if that's more appropriate...

I wish you the best luck in finding others online.

I've been 'around' these and other forum boards for more years than I ought to have and I've found VERY few mediums writing on them. My view is that development groups are more likely to provide useful, helpful contact points than online locations and based on what I've seen online over the years, there's not a lot you'll learn in cyber space...
Old 26-01-2017, 05:07 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadville
I wish you the best luck in finding others online.

I've been 'around' these and other forum boards for more years than I ought to have and I've found VERY few mediums writing on them. My view is that development groups are more likely to provide useful, helpful contact points than online locations and based on what I've seen online over the years, there's not a lot you'll learn in cyber space...

OK thanks, that's what I was starting to think ... I just signed up for a 1 year mentorship with my mentor *been under her for 4 years* there are 16 new students in this class and we started a Facebook group today so maybe I'll get what I'm yearning for there :) thanks for taking the time to write!
Old 26-01-2017, 05:10 AM
leadville

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenifly
OK thanks, that's what I was starting to think ... I just signed up for a 1 year mentorship with my mentor *been under her for 4 years* there are 16 new students in this class and we started a Facebook group today so maybe I'll get what I'm yearning for there :) thanks for taking the time to write!

Thanks for your reply. I'm sorry I didn't have better news but it seems you were already beginning to think similarly. Good luck with your further development.
Old 26-01-2017, 02:20 PM
Guide
There's a website called meetup.com that provides group activities for various interests. There are quite a lot of spiritually-oriented groups that you may find in your city/area.

Hope is praying for rain; Faith is bringing an umbrella
Old 02-02-2017, 05:44 PM
Seeker
There are quite a lot of good ones (mediums, channelers, etc on Carla Reuckert's board. Bringforth.org ( I think it is.

The best to you in your search!

Casey
Old 08-02-2017, 10:04 PM
TonyG

Can I ask what sort of growth & learning questions you have?

My growth & learning has come from a spiritualist college & various circles I attend & have attended. They all have different ways about them, different teaching methods, different lessons.
I'm lucky to have a mixture of circles & such like around where I live. I've had some very good teachers and had various lessons from spritual art, giving readings with various tools to what I class as straight forward mediumship. I've learned many different techniques which is useful when you hit that blank place, you know! when you get stuck, that blank screen moment, having a different technique to use in that situation is helpful.

As for on-line groups, I only come here to have a chat with like minded people & share some knowledge I've gained.

Anyhow, I'll try to be on this forum a bit more, been away while doing some writing but now I have more spare time, for a while, maybe we can chat some more .
Old 08-02-2017, 11:27 PM
Experiencer
^ Hey Tony I love your post in my learnings, that is exactly what I'm hoping to do when I ask to connect with other mediums from far away.

I do workshops, I've done retreats with the likes of Mavis Pittilla and retreats with the wonderful Tony Stockwell, I also have a mentor and study monthly in a circle with 18 other Mediums locally for the past 4 years. I guess I find a lot of my counterparts that are local are all a bit competitive and I don't get too many open conversations with "What does it look/feel like when spirit comes near you" kind of thing, and I don't want to step on the toes of my mentor asking her students ...

I feel I have learned a lot and have a lot to share, but I like the idea of getting to the really nitty gritty of readings with other Mediums, find out how people in America, or UK, or Australia practice and techniques they use ...

I liked what you said in my learnings thread because I too ALWAYS get an old woman and I'm like NO! nononono, you must please please show me something that clearly identifies you as anything but an elder woman haha

Also I learned NOT TO DESCRIBE CLOTHING haha how boring can readings be that mediums go on and on and on about the clothing they are wearing ... unless it's a pilots suit or a nurses outfit, something that can identify a career I say no way to the clothing descriptions lol....

anyways that's more or less what I was asking, I don't find a lot of sharing from other mediums on here other that Native Spirit, and Lynn etc... but I'd like to get to the basics with other Mediums, because I'm finding we all 'see' 'hear' 'feel' spirit differently and I'm curious what it is like for others! :)
Old 08-02-2017, 11:32 PM
Experiencer
and not to compare! we're all amazing an offer strengths in different areas, I guess I'm just curious more than anything ...
Old 09-02-2017, 11:26 PM
One of the strangest feelings is that, 'knowing' something we shouldn't be able to know. You get an image of a person in your head, you have no idea who they are but information about that person then flows.

I was conducting a reading, which I talk about in one of my books, so I won't say too much at this point, but I was talking to my sitter in a way as if I had a breathing problem and the connection was with a man who passed due to smoking. The strange part was that I didn't realise I was doing so, it was my tutor that pointed it out to me after the reading.
Another strange feeling is when you get pains, maybe in an arm, for example, and they relate to the sitter somehow or the connection you're getting.

I'll have to start a thread about various techniques or tools that people use in their mediumship and what they find best to use for the best results. I'll be interested in what techniques you have or what tools you use....see ya on that thread, I'll try to start it tomorrow