Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 14-01-2017, 10:45 PM
Administrator
Waking up Unable to Catch Your Breath

Hello

I have a horrid cold and it has gone right to your chest so it effects your breathing. Woke up at 2AM thinking OK I should use the puffer, but so tired from coughing I fell back to sleep. Woke up at 4AM literally gasping for "air" looking for the puffer that was upstairs. HMMMM not a good plan.

It got me thinking if that is how it would be to gasp for the last breath you ever take in. That feeling of OK is this it ? I know not to wake up in a panic as that makes it worse. Yet if one was dying and you knew the end was near then you at times do fight that breath.

I have the feeling that down the line that is how I will go out, from the common cold talking me out. Trying to take that last breath in that never comes. Its not a bad way to go out.

Lynn
Old 15-01-2017, 12:08 AM
Deactivated Account
Good afternoon Lynn

I somehow think you'll get a nudge before that last breathe
Yet at the same time your going to be aware of your surrounding, enjoy the ride
Old 15-01-2017, 01:20 AM
Super Moderator
I am really sorry you are feeling so rotten Lynn. I know "that" cold....had it a couple of months ago. It is a right beggar!

It's strange you should say that about thinking of your last breath, because while I had it I also thought the same thing! I was also convinced a cold will be the thing that takes me out.....but of course I forgot about ten ton trucks...and lightning-struck trees....and of course, that most wonderful way to go -in your sleep, or feeling strangely tired while in the orchard one day and lying in the grass, looking at a blue sky with cloud formations.

But that "cold" (whatever the heck it was) took my breath away too. And I am as tough as an old boot.

I think I thought those things about that cold because it is the worst one I've ever had. It is notorious already and doesn't care about "The Pond". It seems to be everywhere.

It does go. I completely busted mine with a powerful herbal concoction. But it did take 3 weeks. But now everything has completely gone away, so you will get rid of this Lynn.
Old 19-01-2017, 08:04 PM
Master
Hope you are feeling better, Lynn. I don't know but every so often I have dreams where I cannot breath. It starts with I cannot swallow and I'm struggling to swallow. It's like I had forgotten how or it's just not possible. The pain in my lungs is tremendous. It seems like it's going on for a long time and I'm always aware that if I don't swallow in order to breath, I'm going to die. It's horrible and I finally am able to swallow and resume breathing. It's absolutely horrible.
Old 22-01-2017, 12:45 PM
Ascender
I caught a nasty cough this week and with each cough it felt like a jagged spike of glass was being twisted into the center of my chest, dead center, right where I live. A grim reminder of my mortality!
The other day I cycled crosstown in freezing temperatures and had caught a draught down my coat collar. It wasn't too uncomfortable so I let it be. Eventually I couldn't tell whether the draught of cold air was from my collar or whether I was breathing it into the lungs. I think that like a flash fire the draught of freezing air worked wonders on my cough. It's still there, but the jagged spike of glass is gone.

I wonder then, that my last breath might linger as a memory of fire. Life itself, the gift from Prometheus, will one day burn out and be no more. An existence without body heat, warmth, the fire of life, although inevitable in all probability is to me virtually unimaginable.
Old 22-01-2017, 03:30 PM
Master

I eat a lot of garlic , with my breakfest cheese crisp , with chili , ect. I dont get sick much .
Old 23-01-2017, 01:08 AM
Super Moderator
Brilliant, desert rat. Garlic is wonderful stuff. I love it too.
Old 26-01-2017, 07:39 AM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

Well Lynn.. and friends..

The worst thing about getting cold is getting a deep chesty cough.. A dry one with little sputum.. And you're in agony whether you can get the sputum out safely.. Without choking..

This tells us that we must take great care of our bodies..

Because when we're in agony.. The great unified life that each and everyone of us incarnates is in agony..

Don't worry about your last gasp.. It's gonna be much easier than a dry cough..

Don't worry about your ride afterwards.. You're not riding anywhere..

It's gonna be like our great unified spirit will be relieved for a while, getting rid of a body that gave all sorts of agonising experience for a good instance of eternity..

Don't worry because you're gonna continue living in all other incarnations of YOUR life, for all eternity..
Old 26-01-2017, 08:56 AM
Master
Hello Lynn and sorry about your cold and it is remarkable that it made you think about your mortality. I personally would not mind dying from a cold compared to a violent death from a car accident or crime. I hope to die peacefully on my bed.