Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 18-02-2017, 11:10 PM
Administrator
Platform Medium - What it is....What its like

Hello

There are so many levels that one can open to as a Medium. So many levels that one can take the experience forwards with and at times even great fame.

I had that fame path once in my path, I had a vision of spot lights and body guards and knew that was not the life of isolation I wanted. Never looked back. For me I know whom I am to be.

So what is Platform work ?

What happens during a demonstration of mediumship?
A medium will stand on the platform and relay messages to the audience that they are receiving from the spirit world. Nothing frightening will happen, and contrary to popular belief, public services are never held in the dark.

What is at times held in the dark is a séance or seance is an attempt to communicate with spirits. It is used specifically for a meeting of people who are gathered to receive messages from ghosts or to listen to a spirit medium discourse with or relay messages from spirits. For me I find this more a “Parlor Game”, finding that believers and non-skeptics, treat it as a form of non-fictional science and spiritual reality.

Mediumship can be a wonderful thing, giving people comfort in the knowledge that the existence of the human spirit is continuous beyond death.

So what is it like to stand before an audience ? The first time I did this I was in my early 20's with a conventional group (if there is a thing ) that thought they had all the answers in the World at hand, and a set format for how its one. We were to rely what came to us as it came to us, no matter what.....morally I failed in this. The message for one that I got was just too personal for all to hear, yet that is what one's paid to hear. I said instead "see me later in private" for your message.

Man I heard about that one....but what I learned that first night is that there is a moral and ethical personal code of conduct we have to walk with in life. That we are the vessel for messages but too we are a being that holds compassions. The one I met with later was so happy I did not blurt it out.....yet I was wrong to my peers.

From there I went on with the same group to do more events, trying so hard to "fit in" to be a part of something. Yet the more I tried to fit in the more I felt like a "Side Show".

It was not again til I was in my 40's that I was encourage to again take the stage in that way. This time older and wiser in whom I am.

You have to stand in your Light and in what you believe in. When working with another they might hold much different Divine beliefs that you do, so you have to ground to your space. You have to hold respect for the other Medium even if their path or motivations might be different from yours.

Having worked alongside some that have been quite known and being unknown is an honor.

If you have worked in giving messages but never taken the stage what would you expect to experience ? Public Speaking is only a small part of it all.

Lynn
Old 19-02-2017, 07:42 AM
Experiencer
I agree with you regarding Platform work and certain things should only be past on in privacy.
My first attempt was a fledgling evening when I was in my early 20's , I was a little nervous of course, but kept repeating my late mother's words 'Put your trust in Spirit, they won't let you down'
That evening I was given a message for a lady in the audience. I was shown a baby, I felt a strong connection. I mentioned this and that it was a distant past connection.
The lady was unsure and I asked that she just held on to it.
After the demonstration, she came up to me and told me about the loss she had 20 years previously.
Needless to say, this wasn't something she wanted to discuss in public.
Old 19-02-2017, 05:13 PM
I'm at the beginner stage of doing demonstrations. I only do them at the circles I attend, which has no more than twenty people at most.
I'm not shy at all but really didn't like doing it the first time, however, as time has gone on & my mediumship has got better I quite look forward to doing them now.

I had my first, gasp, from the circle just the other day, that was a good feeling to know that I was getting things so accurate.

The things that I'm not so good at is when I first get the connection, knowing who in the audience the connection is for, I mostly, don't even know where about in the room I should be looking to, I just have to say it as it comes & then throw it out to see who knows who I have.
I like it when I a few people think they know who the person was that I'm in contact with, for one it shows me I'm being to generic & to work harder on getting better information & two, it pushes me to find that information. Normally a sentence or two of further info get's it down to one.

My questions about platform would be, do you always know where about in the room your should be looking to, did it take time to be aware of this or did you know the from the very first time?
Do you prefer one to one readings or platform, if platform, why?
Have you had any unpleasant experiences I should watch out for that you could share.
And lastly, how do you deal with hecklers?
Old 19-02-2017, 06:18 PM
Administrator
Hello Tony

Lets see if I can reply to the questions noting that this is only how I feel or deal with it we all find our paths.

My questions about platform would be, do you always know where about in the room your should be looking to, did it take time to be aware of this or did you know the from the very first time?
Do you prefer one to one readings or platform, if platform, why?
Have you had any unpleasant experiences I should watch out for that you could share. And lastly, how do you deal with hecklers?

Looking at the first question do you always know where to go in the room when you make a connation. For the most part yes, I have had it happen where two are sitting together with very similar losses and its for the person next to them not the one I go to. This is realized as details come in more. This is not always a nice place to land at as the first one is then left out. Here I make sure that I offer one to one time at the end for them to see if I can bridge their connection.

What I find is with those that I know are "good" (as trust me I can spot a fake a mile away ) often wonder the room out of that lack of self confidence. When you hit a few then narrow it down it can seem at times like your "waffling". For me if I find I have done this, as it happens, I will go OK I will be back to you have to move to someone else first.

It is all about how you or whom is doing the event sets up the room, and how they want it run. If its your show, and I prefer this, then I am free to wonder where I need to go and to come back to someone. Or take it private.

It comes down to learning to understand those in spirit more and being able to ask them for more details. To also learn not to let others butt in and have your Guides control that for you

Platform over one to one readings. They are two very different things so there is not like and dislike more its that personal comfort zone is all. That place of being more private and being on stage and out there.

One to one readings are deeply personal you not only have the dead person but too you have the living emotional person to balance. You have to be good at holding your own personal emotions as well so your outside it all. For me if my emotions need to flow they flow.

On stage your hitting a person and moving on your maybe with them at most 3 minutes. Then most "offer" paid services after the event bookings. Its usually a "Demo Event" your at.

I am a Toast Master teacher level, so an audience to me is fine. I am comfortable in whom I am and presenting me. I too know that if I am working with another they know that I am pure and good just that I have not sought the "on stage presence" for career maybe they have.

The all time worry of the unexpected and not nice event is something we all have to be ready for in platform or general day to life. We are always open for things that are not positive to find us. (I do not go to the Demon) notions that are so tossed out there.

An event was at an event. I was at a demo by two poplar medium's that so felt that is there truly was a "dark force" out there and if anything ever happened to them they would no longer do the work. They honestly feel its all LOVe and Light in that world. NOT the case.

I was a part of the group that brought them to town, so I was in the audience not as a guest. I was with my Son whom is also very gifted. We felt a shift in the audience, people rusting in their seats, looking for things in pockets and purses, some got up to leave for the washroom. It was heavy in the room yet the two on stage did not miss a beat. Even when a door slammed and a poster fell they kept going like it was nothing. Living in that bubble its all "Light".

I felt something running up my arm, a burning feeling. I had long sleeves on and I looked quietly, and there was a huge scratch there. Them my Son said he had one on his leg. We both knew not to panic that we had to go into "work mode" (noting he as 12 at the time) that we had someone there that needed help. Once we took it on the audience settled again.

They went to this man telling him that he had a heavy loss around him, he said that he had a "Demon" haunting him. They dismissed him right off telling him this was not the place for this discussion, and that no one dead was bad.

He got up and walked out, before I could stop my Son he followed him out.....and of course so did I. This was fine as it was my event on some level to run. We met with him and helped him move on his Father that was truly and "evil" human being.

I know and respect that we all have our calling and our path to walk with our gifts and if you do not want the dark that is your path. For me and my Son we are open to work with the dark we came into do this work.

The last aspect is hecklers, your going to get them. I have done large events where security is hired and their job is to remove them. I had one go at me, and security went and asked him to leave. I stopped them saying give me a moment. I told the man I was not there to "make him believe" that I was there to communicate with spirits. I told him I know your wife drags you to all these events, so that you "see" her way. This is not how it works. He was like yes she takes me to all of these and they are all "fake".

I went on to ask if I could tell him about the man standing behind him, he was like me what a ghost is with me.....I was there is a spirit there yes. He goes OK what ever, its all fake. Again security wanted to remove him, and I said no.

I told him about a uniform on this man, green in colour, a tall slender man. That this uniform had so many metals on it there was not much chest plate n it left. That the hat too was full on full. This man had been so highly decorated. His face was a picture, I knew he knew this man, that there was a connection. I went on to mention one metal (rare on rare to receive) and he had not one but two of them. This sealed the deal.

He took the message and sat down saying nothing......and I moved on.

I thought that was the end of it all, as they were not in the line I had at the end. A few weeks later I heard a man yelling at me in the parking lot of a store. Saying there she is OMG you are so "real". I went and talked with him and he apologized. I told him I was not there to convert him, but to relay messages. He said that so many would hit on his "Dad" but just the army uniform, nothing more. So anyone could do that. I hit a detail no one could know. The "two metals".

It all about how you "show up" and what kinda "show" you want to put on. Its part self confidence and part stage appearance. What for me it never is be that thing called "EGO".

Lynn
Old 20-02-2017, 04:22 AM
Experiencer
thank you for this thread Lynn! I love learning from more seasoned mediums!!

I personally don't see myself doing demonstrations, I get scared ****tless doing them!!! maybe in the future,

I was working on Dems with Tony Stockwell in the summer last year and he kept saying "You should know who you're working with by now" ... and I guess I was waiting for a literal light to shine above the person or something, I just didn't feel good about dem work. maybe once I surely nail my one on ones with confidence I'll give it a go again :)

I admire those who can with confidence!
Old 20-02-2017, 06:52 PM
Thank you for your insight, helpful & interesting.

And this bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
I know and respect that we all have our calling and our path to walk with our gifts and if you do not want the dark that is your path.

I have no problem if I have to deal with the darker elements to mediumship. I've had a small taste of it so far and although it made me a bit uneasy, once I'd got my head around what happened I could shrug my shoulders and think to myself, I think I can handle what's thrown at me. At least I believe I could, & I have the confidence to deal with it, so I'm at least halfway there

I tend to think the darker side will be more of a challenge, I like a challenge.
My only concern is that I don't suffer fools gladly, so when meeting someone who believes they're being haunted by a dark force in some way, will be quite testing....just for starters!

Can I ask how you deal with those who approach you with this concern?
Old 20-02-2017, 08:35 PM
Administrator
Hello

The main issue I have is how easily the word "Demon" and "Shadow People" "Pk Manifestation" are bantered around. While there are darker things out there and at times the best thing if to have a property torn down. It is not something that is the case that is found in most things going on in a home. We have to remember that TV shows are for ratings first and help second, and they screen hundreds on hundreds of cases before one makes the cut. I know worked with a show for 3 years.

When someone calls you the first thing you rule out is anything like a mental illness of side effects from a medicine they might be on. This is where being able to read the living energy comes into play to sense that "lie". Not always can you do this though.

From there you make sure that you do your pre research some first. This means at times digging for a history of events at the home or property. Things like deaths, or crimes, the history of what was there before what is there now. Example at times it might have been built on a graveyard.

When you have a bit of background then I would go to the property, I try not to go direct to a place to meet the people that are troubled, neutral space like a coffee shoppe is preferred.

It is at times that gut feeing you have to go on if you can help or not. Noting that many will say "get a Priest to bless the home" this is not commonly done now by many of them. Or find a Reiki or Shaman to do some work, again this is a costly endeavor at times. If you can find someone that does this work. So at times your really on your own.

It comes down to what your personal comfort zone is. You run the ship as it is your body that on the line.

I had one property that all I could do was "seal" the energy that was there so that it over time would dissipate. It was not living energy it was "cast off" from the history of the home and the land it was on. Dark energy that could do you harm, as it pushed me around some.

The house could not keep a tenant so down it came just a while ago. That energy is now gone as well. Yet the land is for sale and still is for years now without a developer taking it on. Something blocks it still.

Lynn
Old 21-02-2017, 06:16 PM
Thank you for your insight, appreciated.

This bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
I know worked with a show for 3 years.

That sounds interesting, can you tell me more? Or point me to a link if you've spoke about it before.
Thanks.
Old 21-02-2017, 11:42 PM
Administrator
Hello

I was with a UK program (behind the scenes) even though I do not live there. I was part of a team that worked on investigating possible show locations. As a Medium it is rare that they get one to work willingly with them directly. They are there more to "prove" something than clear something at times.

I can not name the show as I was under contract to not reveal details, and I was never named in the show ( by my request ) but at times they would make comment that a Medium was involved with this case.

It was an interesting time but too a lot of work as I would get EVP's and pictures to look at and go over. Then the research of the location ext. Hours of tape hiss....is not fun. What comes from a show is a very small part of all the work at times that goes into it. An over night stay, is months in the preparations at times. Permissions and legal jargon on what information can be shared and what might be here say.

It sounds glamorous but honestly it was a lot of work for well "Good Ratings". I did it with a friend that founded a Paranormal Group as more a favor to him, and well it worked. Show was a success for 4 years. Then something happened and he stopped cold in his tracks.

Its not something to play with yet so many of the shows "provoke" the non living. Sometimes that will bit you in the rear.

Lynn
Old 23-02-2017, 08:17 PM
No, it doesn't sound glamorous, but thanks for your peak behind the scenes