Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 03-03-2017, 02:02 AM
Pathfinder
I'm kind of in a bit of it myself. We are done, we have been done. It was a messy breakup and in order for me to personally heal I went complete no contact. No looking them on facebook, no texting, nothing. So if he has moved on, well I don't know and I don't have to feel that hurt because I don't want to know and honestly have gotten to the point in the recovery that I don't care. When you get past the "i loved him/her, what about all the fun times" rose colored glasses part and start focusing on what went wrong, why you might not be compatible and what the differences are between the two of you, you can start rightfully moving foward. It isn't fun but the time and space makes a huge difference. We won't ever be friends or anything but I'm okay with that because we are at two different times in our lives. Hope that helps , feel better
Old 03-03-2017, 03:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by NurtureInNature84
When you get past the "i loved him/her, what about all the fun times" rose colored glasses part and start focusing on what went wrong, why you might not be compatible and what the differences are between the two of you, you can start rightfully moving foward.

I agree. That along with having a life of your own. Focusing on your life.
Old 03-03-2017, 03:54 AM
Pathfinder
yep, now more than ever, focus on YOUR happiness. Go out, get hobbies, fall in love with your old hobbies. Keep busy, it gets to a point where it feels good
Old 03-03-2017, 04:57 AM
Suspended
Experiencer

"Is it ever easy to watch your ex move on?"

No, not if you care/d.
Old 03-03-2017, 11:32 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by NurtureInNature84
I'm kind of in a bit of it myself. We are done, we have been done. It was a messy breakup and in order for me to personally heal I went complete no contact. No looking them on facebook, no texting, nothing. So if he has moved on, well I don't know and I don't have to feel that hurt because I don't want to know and honestly have gotten to the point in the recovery that I don't care. When you get past the "i loved him/her, what about all the fun times" rose colored glasses part and start focusing on what went wrong, why you might not be compatible and what the differences are between the two of you, you can start rightfully moving foward. It isn't fun but the time and space makes a huge difference. We won't ever be friends or anything but I'm okay with that because we are at two different times in our lives. Hope that helps , feel better
There's a lot of wisdom in this, thanks for that Yeah, going no contact definitely helps a lot, or else you risk becoming obsessive and stalkerish (I had a short phase like that, tbh). And yeah, I can look at it in the cold light of day and recognise that there were issues, and that the relationship really had to end, for both our sakes. I do still remember the love and the good times we shared and it still saddens me that we're currently estranged and that there's still ill-feeling between us, because I do still love her and nothing will ever change that, I don't think. But I'm getting to a place where I can see things from her perspective and just want her to be happy and at peace, regardless of whether or not we're together - she's a wonderful person, she deserves that
Old 03-03-2017, 11:35 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiningstars
"Is it ever easy to watch your ex move on?"

No, not if you care/d.
There's a lot of truth in that, I think