Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 21-02-2020, 09:48 AM
Newbie ;)

Going to Heaven

Is it as simple as to lead a good life, and then it goes to Heaven? If you lead a "bad" life, then you goes to rebirth... Hinduism as well as Buddhism knows this.
What is also true, is that it exists a Hell (several layers of it.), a place where people who have lived bad lives goes. Which life will you lead?
Old 21-02-2020, 06:14 PM
Master

Are you suggesting that a person who leads a "good" life is free from the need for rebirth and spends eternity in Heaven? This seems a bit simplistic.

Peace
Old 21-02-2020, 06:35 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Are you suggesting that a person who leads a "good" life is free from the need for rebirth and spends eternity in Heaven? This seems a bit simplistic.

Peace

No, I'm saying that they can choose to remain in Heaven, or to reincarnate after they leave their body.
Old 21-02-2020, 07:24 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shroom_God
No, I'm saying that they can choose to remain in Heaven, or to reincarnate after they leave their body.

Why can they choose to remain in Heaven? How are they free from the need for rebirth? And what do you mean by Heaven?

Peace
Old 21-02-2020, 07:32 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Why can they choose to remain in Heaven? How are they free from the need for rebirth? And what do you mean by Heaven?

Peace

I don't think everyone are free to choose to remain in Heaven, but a portion of them are. My idea if Heaven is pretty much that of Christian teachings, I think.
Old 21-02-2020, 07:44 PM
Master

Quote:
I don't think everyone are free to choose to remain in Heaven, but a portion of them are. My idea if Heaven is pretty much that of Christian teachings, I think.

This all seems a bit vague - perhaps you need to develop greater clarity regarding these ideas. This is not intended as a criticism, just an observation.

Peace
Old 22-02-2020, 11:04 AM
Lorelyen

The Christian faith as set up by the Roman Church in 325 AD is just another belief. It sells hope to keep people under control. It has very little to do with Jesus' teachings. It's possible that Jesus mentioned "hell" in some of the gospels that remain lost but in what's available I can't recall a mention of it.

Best is to get one's actions/soul in life as refined as possible to prepare for all eventualities.
Old 03-03-2020, 06:15 PM
MAYA EL

People these days are so quick to follow whichever seems to be the most confident leap act Theory on existence despite evidence and logic nevertheless they believe because that's what everybody else believes but who was the first person that believed it? And what makes him better than you?
Old 07-03-2020, 07:08 PM
Seeker

The old Chinese masters believed in something called "The Way"
Its a path to spiritual enlightenment. You are good and bad along the way. Its a journey that is designed to bring the best and worse out of you.

To know what we truly are and where we have come from we can enter in to a state known as Heaven. Or the level of it that we have achieved.

If we do just good things then we are not walking the way.
If we do just bad things then this is not the way either.

If we do both through our hearts then this is a good start.

And then of course there are all the other ways in each is its own reality.
Old 25-03-2020, 12:42 PM
Master

Quote:
Is it as simple as to lead a good life, and then it goes to Heaven? If you lead a "bad" life, then you goes to rebirth... Hinduism as well as Buddhism knows this.
What is also true, is that it exists a Hell (several layers of it.), a place where people who have lived bad lives goes. Which life will you lead?

We are back to the goodies and baddies again, cops and robbers, friends and foes, cowboys and Indians - and all the rest.

Just what we don't want. There are other ways.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.