Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 28-01-2020, 03:47 PM
Why would God care so about murder if He knows there is no death?

Just wondered your thoughts.
If this is a dream, and Illusion - there is no death ever - why would God
care if someone killed another?
Wouldn't He know that they come back again and again?

I'm coming to Gen Beliefs more and more.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 28-01-2020, 03:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn

Deuteronomy 32.39
Old 28-01-2020, 04:04 PM
Deactivated Account
If you are refering to the biblical God, well only he is allowed to kill (unless he's too lazy to do it himself and instructs his followers to commit mass genocide instead).
Old 28-01-2020, 05:42 PM
Master

Quote:
If this is a dream, and Illusion - there is no death ever - why would God care if someone killed another? Wouldn't He know that they come back again and again?

From the Bhagavad Gita:

Death is certain for the one who is born, and birth is certain for the one who dies. Therefore, you should not lament over the inevitable.

The Divine allows all things to be, including one form "killing" another form.

People may kill each other or be killed, and this is all part of maya, but at the same time it is also part of our journey towards knowledge.

Back to the Gita:

The one who thinks that Atma is a slayer, and the one who thinks that Atma is slain, both are ignorant, because Atma neither slays nor is slain.

The Atma is neither born nor does it die at any time, nor having been it will cease to exist again. It is unborn, eternal, permanent, and primeval. The Atma is not destroyed when the body is destroyed.

O Arjuna, how can a person who knows that the Atma is indestructible, eternal, unborn, and imperishable, kill anyone or cause anyone to be killed?

Peace
Old 28-01-2020, 06:05 PM
Master
Quote:

If this is a dream, illusion then god too must be a dream character, an illusional figure. An amusing thought of god finally showing its face to the world and leaving the world at a stand still. Then finally someone asked the question that many want to know. "Why do you allow so much suffering in the world?" In which god replies, "Because i find your misfortunes, and suffering pretty funny to me. I mean come on. I'm up in heaven bored out of my mind, i need some entertainment and amusement to watch. Some drama to be entertained by. Its too boring if everything is peaceful."
Old 28-01-2020, 07:27 PM
Master

Quote:

Great question!

The obvious answer: He doesn't care.

The reason isn't that He knows that "they come back again and again". It is because life on Earth isn't a purpose in itself, but a means to an end (to an eternal, I should say).
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 28-01-2020, 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Deuteronomy 32.39
So sorry, nothing personal, i don't look up things...I copy paste them for people.
Also, verses don't do it for me I want what a person thinks themselves...even if it is what the verse says,LOL!

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 28-01-2020, 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
From the Bhagavad Gita:

Death is certain for the one who is born, and birth is certain for the one who dies. Therefore, you should not lament over the inevitable.

The Divine allows all things to be, including one form "killing" another form.

People may kill each other or be killed, and this is all part of maya, but at the same time it is also part of our journey towards knowledge.

Back to the Gita:

The one who thinks that Atma is a slayer, and the one who thinks that Atma is slain, both are ignorant, because Atma neither slays nor is slain.

The Atma is neither born nor does it die at any time, nor having been it will cease to exist again. It is unborn, eternal, permanent, and primeval. The Atma is not destroyed when the body is destroyed.

O Arjuna, how can a person who knows that the Atma is indestructible, eternal, unborn, and imperishable, kill anyone or cause anyone to be killed?

Peace
I really liked this and it had your thoughts on it...I probably should have said that in the op...my bad, sky.

Old 28-01-2020, 07:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
If this is a dream, illusion then god too must be a dream character, an illusional figure.
Interesting - I have never heard that one....why do you think this...thanks.

Old 28-01-2020, 07:48 PM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
Great question!
The obvious answer: He doesn't care.
The reason isn't that He knows that "they come back again and again".
It is because life on Earth isn't a purpose in itself,
but a means to an end (to an eternal, I should say).
What an astute answer or opinion!!!!!! You're not just a pretty face, I see!
I'm so glad I asked this now ----the usual suspects are all here. :)