Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 15-06-2015, 08:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkfern
i agree. that is a big part of it. being past religion. when we do not need the leaders of a religion to point to god. we go find god by yourself. not a second hand god. Buddhist teacher or preacher are no longer needed.

kk

I agree, there are many every generation who found what they sought within themselves and didn't need a Middleman showing them the Way the Unified Field of Consciousness (or what ever we want to call the Original Source) of which we are an extension of into this realm.

And there will always be those every generation who need the assistance of a Middleman to illuminate what lies inside them.
And of those there will be those who must maintain contact with that Middleman or system of thinking and never quite step into their full Mastery, but do successfully make it into a portion of it and will quote the words of their masters at you all day long for the aspects they haven't stepped into yet.
Old 15-06-2015, 08:18 PM
celest

Yes thanks Jonesboy, the problem is there are so many different teachings on the turning of the 'Darma wheel ' we will never know which one is correct, but as the Buddha said believe in whatever makes sense to you
Old 15-06-2015, 08:26 PM
Master
new / age that doesn't make sense, but it might in that taoist kinda way.
Old 15-06-2015, 08:35 PM
Master
I think stepping back and looking at the evolution of buddhism is a start. Start with the 4 Noble Truths and then continue on to the teachings of Dzogchen with Rigpa and emptiness.

The fact that there have been new Termas discovered that improve and build upon prior teachings is a good example.

I think this is a very good explanation. http://www.berzinarchives.com/web/en...tantra_02.html

Either way, I have found the teachings or the end results to be pretty in line with Mahayana Buddhism in my experience.

Beyond the 4 Noble Truths there is the ability to work mind to mind. Some believe the Buddha talked about this and taught methods. Others believe he only taught what the Theravada believe.

I know mind to mind techniques work so I tend to believe in the 3 turnings.

I am not a Buddhist :)
Old 15-06-2015, 08:47 PM
celest

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
I think stepping back and looking at the evolution of buddhism is a start. Start with the 4 Noble Truths and then continue on to the teachings of Dzogchen with Rigpa and emptiness.

The fact that there have been new Termas discovered that improve and build upon prior teachings is a good example.

I think this is a very good explanation. http:/<br /> <br /> www.berzinarch...tantra_02.html

Either way, I have found the teachings or the end results to be pretty in line with Mahayana Buddhism in my experience.

Beyond the 4 Noble Truths there is the ability to work mind to mind. Some believe the Buddha talked about this and taught methods. Others believe he only taught what the Theravada believe.

I know mind to mind techniques work so I tend to believe in the 3 turnings.

I am not a Buddhist :)

I follow Zen, it suits me and has enhanced my life.
Old 15-06-2015, 08:54 PM
Deactivated Account
Where I live you could meet a different healer every week with their own unique system. Borrowed from here, there, themselves, or whatever else. I have had at least 15 or perhaps 20 or more different people give me some type of healing. Many because I was in a class that taught healing and such. Many more cause of knowing various people through friends. Never mind all the **. Power is power, and they could provide one hell of a clearing despite where and how they came upon there power.

From my standpoint its laughable how anyone can be concerned about any particular way being more effective. It is to the individual and that has to do with personal tastes and interest. The idea of this is what works and this isn't is as I way saying before the followers mentality. Or an ego trip of having the all mighty way. And some how it at least for me becomes self recognized that we are it and where all things stem from. Its about finding that.

I would personally give up all teachings for what I can get from my dreams and contemplation. Its worked that way since the beginning of time. Its called a vision quest to some cultures.

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 15-06-2015, 09:11 PM
Master
Here is the thing running.

Lineages do have power. Power you can feel and that can help.

When I did the Mahamudra empowerment I had dreams of learning for 3 days afterwards. I have to respect that. That power helps me advance.

Power is power but for many, just about everyone they never get past a certain point. Very, very few people ever get all 7 chakras opened. Even fewer to what is beyond that.

I would also say you are confusing a few things. You know, I know you know there are methods that are very advanced that are very effective. While they may not be for everyone.. we can agree on that, some methods are without a doubt more powerful than others. Some are not even possible till a certain level has been attained.

So while it some of what you said can be true with regard to a matter of preference, saying that one method is not more powerful than another is a little misleading.
Old 15-06-2015, 09:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by running
Where I live you could meet a different healer every week with their own unique system. Borrowed from here, there, themselves, or whatever else. I have had at least 15 or perhaps 20 or more different people give me some type of healing. Many because I was in a class that taught healing and such. Many more cause of knowing various people through friends. Never mind all the **. Power is power, and they could provide one hell of a clearing despite where and how they came upon there power.

From my standpoint its laughable how anyone can be concerned about any particular way being more effective. It is to the individual and that has to do with personal tastes and interest. The idea of this is what works and this isn't is as I way saying before the followers mentality. Or an ego trip of having the all mighty way. And some how it at least for me becomes self recognized that we are it and where all things stem from. Its about finding that.

I would personally give up all teachings for what I can get from my dreams and contemplation. Its worked that way since the beginning of time. Its called a vision quest to some cultures.

Spirit just said to me it is the level of awareness reached and the discovery of the power that that entity has as an eternal being which determines how much power they can realize into this dimension.

So while tools, methodologies, lineages, and mental constructs may play a part it's minor and its really about how deep one goes into discovering what they actually are that determines how much power they can manifest into this dimension through their abilities.

So conversely, if one believes that their power comes through/from their guru, favorite religion or preferred methodology then they will only be as powerful, at their best, as the limits of that construct or teacher.

So one who is brave and refuses to box themselves in and will asked to be taught by their Higher Aspect or Source or discoverers that within, is not learning in an atmosphere which has implied constraints and it therefore is more likely to go beyond anything they could have dream had they left it to someone else to teach them or followed a specific methodology.
Old 15-06-2015, 10:52 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
Here is the thing running.

Lineages do have power. Power you can feel and that can help.

When I did the Mahamudra empowerment I had dreams of learning for 3 days afterwards. I have to respect that. That power helps me advance.

Power is power but for many, just about everyone they never get past a certain point. Very, very few people ever get all 7 chakras opened. Even fewer to what is beyond that.

I would also say you are confusing a few things. You know, I know you know there are methods that are very advanced that are very effective. While they may not be for everyone.. we can agree on that, some methods are without a doubt more powerful than others. Some are not even possible till a certain level has been attained.

So while it some of what you said can be true with regard to a matter of preference, saying that one method is not more powerful than another is a little misleading.

My first book I read was yogandas autobiography. So when I first meditated and contemplated thought of yogis. I remember seeing Krishna and astral projected once flying around with yoganda. It was fun and I developed energetically. I experienced the energy and sometimes experienced bliss and ecstasy. Then later I began to read about the native Americans. Read and felt like I was living through what I read. I began releasing emotions and when I did I would go into ectsasy. Once in a while through out I read a bit of the bible. A few times I remember having profound experiences. Once I recall the words turned gold while I was reading. Then as time went on the bliss and ecstasy grew. I later gave up all reading and did whatever came natural. Over time of doing this I grew and grew. I became what I was looking for and it became seem less. Bliss and ecstasy became always and I let go of all the previous reading because it became everything. Everything in that it was completely seem less from tying my shoes to meditation. From thinking about building engines to meditating with trees. All the ideas became collapsed and I saw it was my own ideas that were the creation of the experience. The leniage of thinking about cars was the most profound in building myself spiritually after I realized it actually came upon my own self. (I come from a family of artists of custom builders). But thats just my experience and if a particular lineage works for you, dont let me stop you. Im just saying for me I found that everything is possible.

I have found some techniques I have found to be most helpful. Breathing exercises, meditation, exercise, staring at something without blinking, and diet that works for me. But all these techniques did not bring me to seem less bliss and ecstasy. Maybe meditation, but mostly sitting by myself and finding emotions to release.

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 16-06-2015, 02:15 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalSong
I agree, there are many every generation who found what they sought within themselves and didn't need a Middleman showing them the Way the Unified Field of Consciousness (or what ever we want to call the Original Source) of which we are an extension of into this realm.

And there will always be those every generation who need the assistance of a Middleman to illuminate what lies inside them.
And of those there will be those who must maintain contact with that Middleman or system of thinking and never quite step into their full Mastery, but do successfully make it into a portion of it and will quote the words of their masters at you all day long for the aspects they haven't stepped into yet.

that is so true. there is a middle man for some. but it is sad that they will not take the next step. as you say, enter into masters. instead they quote another. i see it as a parrot sayings words that are empty.

that is why i love the new age. we can take the next step.

kk