Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 05-01-2011, 01:00 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysaetos
Of course they are all living beings.

But to me, a dog is more important then a fly.
And I value the protection of dolphins more then the protection of mites.

Little creatures like bugs have very short lives, other species like elephants are intelligent, social, and generally live long.
Some creatures are intelligent, social, have personalities, and can clearly feel pains and pleasures.

They are all important, but we all have our preferences.
When it comes to humans; our family and friends are more dear to us then strangers from a distant country.

We ALL discriminate.

Make your own choices, do what you think is the right choice for you.
This is all true but only to the one who is unaware, to those who are in Awareness see all as ONE, humans are the most dangerous animal on the planet, so how should we see them ?.
Old 05-01-2011, 02:34 AM
Master
Thankyou Psychoslice.
Spiritlite
Old 05-01-2011, 09:59 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sira
For me, to talk about preferences of eating vegetarian or vegan or animal food, is just that, talk.
Logically correct as you say ''to talk..''. But it goes beyond that of course, based upon our preferences we make choices. It's more than to talk, it is to act.
Old 05-01-2011, 10:00 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
This is all true but only to the one who is unaware, to those who are in Awareness see all as ONE, humans are the most dangerous animal on the planet, so how should we see them ?.
Even a vegan can support deforestation if he consumes tea, coffee, rice, and palm oil. Think about all those trees, creatures, and ecosystems.
Not to forget the insects that die because of agriculture. So how does that make sense if one sees all creatures as aesthetically equal?

It's impossible not to make choices based on preferences.
Old 05-01-2011, 05:04 PM
Master
Now this is a debate lets change it to discussion on how to be a vegetarian....please guys.
Spiritlite.
Old 04-02-2011, 02:43 PM
Zaranais

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogninja
I work in a shelter. I quit eating meat due to my friendships with animals, too make a long graphic story short. Simply dealing with the daily amount of euthanasia and human apathy pushed me to stop. When people become aware of the amount of suffering many animals endure, they should stop eating things that create suffering.

I am not vegan but I try my best. Soon. For me it has been a process as well.

This was similar to my story. I used to work as a zookeeper. In the course of my career I worked with all sorts of animals, many of them very closely related to the ones we routinely use as meat. It just got harder and harder to protect and nurture them all day and then go home and eat them.

I eat vegan some days but it's hard for me to go completely that route, for various reasons. I do try to pay attention to the source of my dairy and eggs. Eggs are easy as my boss has the most spoiled flock of chickens on the planet - they are not suffering at all. Dairy is trickier and I tend to try to only buy from companies I've researched if those products are available and limit my consumption. And I know there are SO many ways that cruelty is present in the products we buy, even in vegetable harvesting, but I try my best to make a little difference at least.
Old 12-02-2011, 07:33 AM
citrine

I became a Vegetarian right after my Reiki 1 Attunement :) Every living being has energy and I thought it was not fair to kill any living being for our pleasure. We give Reiki to the animals so how can we even think of eating them?
Old 16-02-2011, 04:57 AM
Nalini

For me it was to love my body by reducing toxins/negative hormones [ such as the death hormone ], love my Earth by going organic as much as possible, love all its beings by not eating what I don't need to eat, and blessing my food the times I do eat fish. No eggs though, and no dairy. If it's in like a cake or something, I bless it then as well. In turn, I raise my vibration which is my ultimate goal. I even lost ten pounds and I've been told I look much younger, healthier and have a lighter, more gentle aura.

Going vegetarian has been one of the best decisions of my life! I have absolutely zero craving for chicken, pork or beef which I just up and cut completely since the day I decided to convert; it's only seafood that I struggle with.
Old 28-02-2011, 11:57 PM
Venus

I am a vegan for spiritual reasons.I feel it helps to control my energy.I also am a vegan because I love animals.I will not buy leather shoes , purses or fur.
Old 02-03-2011, 12:02 AM
rainorshine

why?

pH!!! do some research it is so important for health. for example dr. otto warburg finding pH key for curing cancer