Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Natural Remedies

Old 12-05-2015, 01:26 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

imo, stick to the prescription the doctor gave you, because that will more than likely sort out the chemical imbalance....and once you have more balance mentally, then you can get to know yourself better by looking within...its very hard to 'look within' when you are unbalanced, because you are not well enough to do anything, but to be in that state etc.....

probably a good idea to look at your medication as a short term solution...it will 'numb' the underlying issues enough so you can confront them. it will then become far more easier to look within and to possibly allow yourself to be vulnerable....which is the key i think.....when you accept vulnerability, you can then understand the 'why's'....hope you feel better soon.
Old 03-11-2015, 07:31 AM
Guide

Also, for depression for myself: I stay away from the following foods if & when I can help it: (it might be different for you of course) - one could always try a trial period without,

Gluten, Corn, Root Vegetables, such as potatoes - someone once told me potatoes were very grounding, & I thought they were nuts, but after going raw for awhile, & coming back into cooked, A) unfortunately anything cooked brought on a bit of depression/anxiety, B) potato's really brought me down & grains - such as rice: I don't know why this is, but cooked grains make me feel super super depressed.

& than any of the following also lead to Depression for me - some of the above happens within 5 mins or a few days if I am eating it daily, such as a slow build up, which for the most part brings on the fatigue as well.

Too much fat in my system, with not enough exercise, the next day can bring a terrible mood drop.

Salt or too much sodium, will cause me inflammation over night & upon waking - my head will feel full/puffy/achy & depressed.

Corn Starch/syrup, processed foods: Anxiety like no other. Also some sprays on foods, like preservatives/pesticides -

& of course as some have pointed out, not enough natural supplements in our system could be out of sorts that we may need to implement.

I think I have 5-HTP ( I haven't utilized it yet ) & L-Theanine, & Taurine

& also as others have pointed out in other threads, Vit D3 - if it's not doing anything, up the dose. I tend to take about 2-3 whole syringes(droppers)/day when I am feeling under the weather over a few weeks, & just feel better. I tried the Vegan (mushroom version too) but it was far too expensive for the quantity I needed & wouldn't last very long.
Old 03-11-2015, 07:47 AM
Guide

I forgot to add one other. I have my list written down for myself, I'd have to hunt it down.

Also to do with diet,

Caffeine, Alcohol, & Chocolate: Serious Anxiety, & paranoia for me, they all really severely stress my system out.

The more of these foods, I drink or eat, or what have you, the more over time I don't feel the intensity right away. The above I've just mentioned give me major crashes in my system. Even pure cacao makes me really sick.

I always have to ask myself, do I want this consequence? Sometimes, I don't want to care as lately my food choices have been awful. But it just means I feel awful longer.