Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Natural Remedies

Old 08-05-2012, 05:28 AM
Aquarian

I used to be intolerant of gluten about 8 years ago and yes that was hard. Only health food shops had a few GF alternatives.

Gluten is the stuff that makes pasta & bread stick together and is consequently difficult to substitute.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:34 PM
Newfreedom9

How did you get over your sensitivity?
Old 13-05-2012, 12:03 AM
Aquarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfreedom9
How did you get over your sensitivity?
Weird thing. I did a version of Timeline Therapy I didn't believe in, 'found' an ancestor who apparently had a sack of wheat fall on his head from a barn, helped him feel better about it, sensitivity gone.

Still don't believe any of it but not had a problem in the 9 or so years since.
Old 27-05-2012, 01:29 PM
Master

I am not gluten free, but I have greatly reduced the wheat in my diet, because when I eat too much of it I definitely feel bad. I like to eat the grain quinoa. It was an acquired taste for me, but after eating it for a while, I really like it now. It is supposed to be really good for you, has lots of lysine, which is rare in the plant foods, and is very complete protein for a plant. I also read it is supposed to increase psychic abilities. It was the sacred grain of the Incas. I don't know if it has increased my psychic abilities, but I don't eat it that often, because it is a little expensive.
Old 27-05-2012, 03:37 PM
Newfreedom9

Hmm I'll have to give it a try. Thanks for the recommendation.
Old 28-05-2012, 01:38 PM
Master

You're welcome. Hope you like it. I like to cook it with olive oil and dried, rehydrated mushrooms, and a bit of seasoning (maybe italian seasoning).
Old 30-05-2012, 03:12 PM
Juliette

Hello, I'm gluten free.
I've heard of a lot of people being the same way as this but for about the past... decade or more, I've just been constantly lethargic, constantly sick, constant doctor appointments for minor yet completely life ruining infections, illnesses and general malaise. It sucks being gluten intolerant because most people don't even realize they are and it can literally ruin your life.

So taking it out is hard because EVERYTHING tasty has gluten in it lol, pizza, homecooked foods, savory foods etc. all the treats we love! But it is definitely worth it taking it out. I also found that after taking out gluten you might like to try so yourself, for those that have a sensitivity to gluten often have sensitivities to other things too: peanuts, corn(not the vegetable but side products) soy (especially soy!) and dairy.

Those are all foods like gluten where you will not have a sensitivity to it when you are born, but they build up over time, so most of the people that are gluten intolerant, now 20-30 years down the line have a definite sensitivity to most of those foods. once you take it out you feel amazing!

And then after that I pretty much just turned raw vegan, it was worth the switch, never feel sick anymore, feel great, my career is back on track and I feel like I am myself again for the first time since I was a child! (just have to make sure you do it right otherwise the diet can be extremely dangerous)

So for all you gluten intolerant's out there, look at the other allergenic food and take them out, see if you feel better, can't hurt to test it out a bit:)
Old 31-05-2012, 03:23 AM
Newfreedom9

I've tried taking out all those things for a few weeks. It didn't help clear up my acne though yet. I am going mostly raw vegan too, and I'm having trouble eating enough calories. You just have to eat soo much!! So if you have tips on how to "do it right" I would be so appreciative!! I'm really new to this.
Old 31-05-2012, 01:50 PM
Charliemcsnarly

I've been struggling away for nearly a year now and still not got it right. I think I'm intolerant to casein in dairy too, which took me a long time to figure out. (60% of celiacs are). That and gluten acts like heroin on my brain and the withdrawals are unspeakably painful and last about a month.

My advice would be don't trust anything that says it's gluten free, that's often **** or just really bad for you anyway. Don't trust any processed foods. Everything should be natural. Veg, fruit, nuts, seeds, beans, organic meat, millet, quinoa etc.

You'll appreciate food more than ever if you get it right. And you'll be healthier than ever.
Old 04-06-2012, 02:00 PM
Master
If you are gluten intolerant & you are going gluten & (cows milk) dairy free...first...you are saving your life over the long run! Congratulations & stay the course.

If you have an allergy or sensitivity to wheat (which is common enough) on top of being gluten intolerant, you may be able to reduce or mediate that immune response.

But if you are truly gluten intolerant, it is a genetic thing. You can't "get over it" with anything but a reworking of your genetic code at the most material levels. Do you want to spend your life force with very advanced healing on on a rather useless project which is not immediately necessary for life?
Instead, just buck up & muster the discipline to say no ;)

If you cut the gluten out, that is all you need to do ;)

Times have changed and there is MUCH more available now, even for pastas & breads if you must have those regularly ;)

Find the tasty high-protein gluten free flours (lentils, garbanzos, millet, ground nut & seed flours such as almond meal, ground flax meal, etc) to supplement the basic rice & potato & maize flours & so forth.

2nd...I would be very careful about going vegan and also going gluten free & cows milk dairy free, all at once.

You definitely need enough quality protein in your diet to heal and maintain your health. For most of us, that includes (organic, wildcaught &/or free range if possible!) eggs, fish, perhaps poultry, and if possible a source of quality dairy products.

You may try goat & sheeps milk products like yoghurt & cheeses...these products are also much more likely to be small-scale, local, and organic in many places. You may have great luck there as I have, after going without any dairy for years. These dairly products are just completely different in your system and they may be compatible. And they are much higher quality than soy products, which are not ideal in large quantities for most.

There are many good websites for gluten free recipes & so forth.
I'll try to post a few later.

peace & blessings,
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke