Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Mysteries, Myths & Legends

Old 09-05-2011, 11:21 AM
Master
Dragons..They used to teach me math and english at high school..

My brother in law was married to one for 14 years.

back to being sensible.

the bible mentions Leviathan ( large creature) many times in the old testament. 6 I think

Isiah 27

1 In that day,

the LORD will punish with his sword—
his fierce, great and powerful sword—
Leviathan the gliding serpent,
Leviathan the coiling serpent;
he will slay the monster of the sea.
Old 29-07-2011, 09:04 AM
jamesart7

So what about the leviathan thing... Its just a myth... Just like the bible... Its all stories of lies...
Old 23-12-2011, 05:24 PM
my_road

hi, i feel dragons are in spirit form now but did exsist many years ago, i once saw an image of people in a forest with a dragon next to them giving them friendly advice, its probaly just fantasy art but oddly enough there are people who have dragon guardians and claim to work with dragons at astal travels, it does suggest they are rather friendly with mankind, qiute intresting.
Old 14-01-2012, 03:10 PM
Knower
Lightworker au...lol, so we have physical evidence now of the existence of dragons.

I suspect they they were dinosuars or a prehistoric reptoavian beings
Old 14-01-2012, 10:28 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by sruthy
so what are the spiritual and physical explanations about the existence of dragons?

This may help to answer a part of your question. This is from the The Druid Animal Oracle by Philip and Stephanie Carr-Gomm - it was believed by the druids there were 4 elemental dragons. This is form the Earth Dragon.....

"There is a connection between the dragon that slumbers coiled around the hill or around the treasure in the cave of the heart, and the creature we discover at the center of the maze or spiral. Both are aspects of ourself--both can be seen as Guardians of the Threshold--to be respected and loved but also challenged and perhaps in certain senses overcome. Whether the maze is classical with seven rings, such as the sixth-century carvings found in Hollywood, Ireland, and Tintagel in Cornwall, or simply the triple spiral as found at the far more ancient sites of Newgrange in Ireland or Achnabrek in Scotland, it is generally agreed that such symbols represent the journey of the soul in and out of incarnation. If we can face the dragon-guardian of the treasure-house of the soul and Otherworld with sincerity and humility, it may well guide us through the labyrinth to the heart of the world, there to find the inspiration and courage to be reborn again in time and space."
Old 25-01-2012, 07:58 PM
Cano

Quote:
Originally Posted by sruthy
Did or does dragons really exist?

It is believed that in China, the combination of an availability of dinosaur bones strewn about, and natural gas flare-ups in certain regions of the country, fire breathing dragons evolved in lore.

Cano
Old 26-01-2012, 09:45 PM
Occultist

I believe what my Granny told me they live beyond the viel in the inbetween.
You can do rituals in regards to them summon there power to help you through situations etc.
Old 26-01-2012, 10:44 PM
Arawn

I believe that they possibly exist on another planet or another plane of existence. I think that the two planes may have overlapped and this is where the myths of the dragons come from. I don't think they ever physically existed on earth.
Old 27-01-2012, 02:39 PM
Cano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Occultist
I believe what my Granny told me they live beyond the viel in the inbetween.
You can do rituals in regards to them summon there power to help you through situations etc.

Reality stinks but it's the only place to get a hot meal.

C
Old 27-01-2012, 03:08 PM
Animus27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cano
It is believed that in China, the combination of an availability of dinosaur bones strewn about, and natural gas flare-ups in certain regions of the country, fire breathing dragons evolved in lore.

Cano
Similar explanations are applicable to many other dragon lore and myth, I think.

I also like the idea that dragons represent the predatory reptile-like inhuman qualities we have a natural fear of, so it was natural for them to evolve in myth as a creature either of primeval nature (the Delphic Python), or as jealous guardians over treasure and the dead (Fafnir and Beowulf's wyrm).