Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 07-12-2017, 06:37 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritualll
Jesus said the same thing "the kingdom of God is within you"

I think Jesus is credited with this quote in the context of what was said. Not that he said the same thing. Honestly, if you wanted to know it would necessary to go back to the Greek word used to find that meaning.
Old 07-12-2017, 07:03 PM
Master

If the kingdom of God is within then that which is without amounts to a distraction. These distractions are perceived by our senses. Thus we must carve out a time to surrender our senses and thereby eliminate distractions.
The desert fathers found it by solitude in the desert. We can find it by meditative practices......e.g. meditation, walking the labyrinth, reposing to nature, forsaking electronic media, etc. The 21st century might be a blessing in many ways......but as great as the blessing might be perhaps the challenge is just as great.
Old 07-12-2017, 07:09 PM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
It means god doesn't get out much. That's why white of all colors represents god the most. Its a representation of how pale god is. You'll always find god indoors.

LOL *gives ocean breeze crown for stand up comedian award* (heehee)
Old 07-12-2017, 07:12 PM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
You are not searching for a separate Entity, you are searching for your own Self.

When we discover our own divinity then we see Divinity everywhere.

Agreed herein. When you discover Spirit, you see with Spirit's eyes, at least this is the way it appears for me.

BT
Old 08-12-2017, 12:40 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
It means god doesn't get out much. That's why white of all colors represents god the most. Its a representation of how pale god is. You'll always find god indoors.

you're getting God mixed up with his cousin Hod.
Hod has just as much power as God but he has a skin condition that keeps him out of the sun and "divine light" so he is a bit pale and does tend to stay indoors. ...you will always find him within and indoors
Old 08-12-2017, 06:53 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by blossomingtree
LOL *gives ocean breeze crown for stand up comedian award* (heehee)

*takes a bow* Though I'm always sitting while makings these comical replies but hey, i'll gladly take a stand up award too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrynu
you're getting God mixed up with his cousin Hod.
Hod has just as much power as God but he has a skin condition that keeps him out of the sun and "divine light" so he is a bit pale and does tend to stay indoors. ...you will always find him within and indoors

God has a cousin? There must be a whole family of gods then. Perhaps the Hindus were on to something.
Old 08-12-2017, 05:00 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
I totally go with this.

It's a feeling of total awe, humility and insignificance as one gazes towards the heavens and sees themselves as one of 8 billion- a tiny speck on an oasis of rock in the middle of all that brilliant, majestic display.

It's a feeling of trying to fathom how many drops of water all the oceans contain...how many grains of sand there are on every beach in the world.

It is being thankful and grateful for every breath you take, every heartbeat that makes you alive...seeing yourself as a beautiful and complex being made up of billions of cells...trillions and trillions of atoms, as part of this whole vastness of existence...where there's no perception as to where 'you' ends and everything 'else' begins, until there's no 'you' and no 'everything else', because everything in existence just is that in and of itself.

When it is felt, there's so much love and peace...like your heart is being stabbed continually and it's both painful yet blissfully exquisite at the same time...and then, that unconditional love becomes internalised and realised as the true essence of the being that you are, in relation to all that is.

In the moments of peace and silence, you can reach within to find it and pull it out of you, knowing that this is the nature of your 'true self' beyond what you consider or think yourself to be...and you can give it any 'name' you like because it makes no difference to the expression of it or what it is.

This is what it means to me personally to feel that God is inside me.

How did I find it? total and abject surrender of my heart, will and ego to all the above.

Very beautiful answer. Thank you.

"It is being thankful and grateful for every breath you take, every heartbeat that makes you alive..."

However, I imagine that in order to be grateful for all of that, you first need to reach a certain degree of happiness.
Old 08-12-2017, 08:10 PM
Deactivated Account
I'm going to give you a small overview of the situation, in simple understandable terms:

When God creates, he creates of himself.
Everything that he made, he made it out of himself.

This is not understandable in material terms, but in terms of thoughts.

When God made his son, he literally became the son he created.
Then the Son made the world (earth, animals etc.) and entered it. (his spirit gave this picture life)
Then the son mistakenly assumed himself to be the picture that he created, by calling it I.

That was the birth of the ego. When the Ego appeared, God disappeared from the Son's sight, because the son is able to respond only to one of them.
(the son is able to communicate only one to one. because there is nothing else beside God)

The ego being created by the son, and not of God, then started showing the Son images of the world, and so the son communicates with ego with hate, and with God with love.

By choosing the ego, many goals were set. These goals are actually creative potential of the son, but they stand now as in front of his awareness of his source - his holy father.

Quote:
Are these empty words or there is a huge reality inside of us? Where is God inside?

If you assume what i wrote above is true then:

1. You have a self that is of God. A part of it entered the body and became your bodily self. A split was made.
2. Out of the bodily awareness, the God appears to be deep inside your thoughts.
3. You have shut down the access to God, by placing hateful thoughts instead of forgiveness - by listening to the Ego and not to Love.

The reality, that you see happening from the bodily point of view, actually happens first in your (the son-of-God) thoughts.
Then you wake up, in the body, to see the results of your thoughts.
(waking up in the body means the Son of God is sleeping)

But the belief in reality of this world is what is keeping your awareness of God away from you in this world.

If you want to get the whole picture, then it is this:

The whole of the universe is you. (including all stars,from one end of the universe to the other - from each side)
But this universe is a movie, which you have created, as your thoughts, in your mind, of yourself.

And then, there you are, by entering the body, not knowing who you are and asking where God is.

Quote:
But everyone tells us that God is inside. We have to look for God inside, etc.
What do you mean?

Meditation with Prayer or Simple (mind) Silence meditation are your access to God.
But in this world, you should access God, two by two,for example with trustworthy guide like Jesus.

The more you meditate, the more you will recognize the Guidance, which is given you at any point in time.
Old 09-12-2017, 01:58 AM
Master
Quote:
Very beautiful answer. Thank you.

"It is being thankful and grateful for every breath you take, every heartbeat that makes you alive..."

However, I imagine that in order to be grateful for all of that, you first need to reach a certain degree of happiness.
Thank you as well.

Not so much happiness, but a certain degree of contentment, inner conciliation and realising that the alternative isn't too wonderful. lol
Old 09-12-2017, 11:08 AM
Master
Quote:
I still don't get it... I have studied many spiritual sources about the kingdom of God being inside and all those authors did was to keep saying that ,without making it more clear.

"individuality in oneness...." I understand to some degree what you mean here but it still doesn't explain how to find the kingdom of God inside.

Hi,

This is not an intellectual undertaking. It is a love experience.

Each of us are quite unique. I can describe how I found that kingdom of God within me. I would describe the experience as a love bond with my higher self. For some that would be their personal Christ Consciousness.

Now if you meditate/reflect on how you should go about this form of self discovery, you will get inclinations, instinctive, and intuitive feelings. Invest a trust in them and put your intellectual need to know any thing aside and follow those guidance feelings.

You may even get a voice in your head to make things a lot easier for you.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/