Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 04-07-2017, 08:52 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerian
"hard to keep people within the lines"

Yes, our Buddhist teacher who was a lecturer in comparative religion told us that we should not mix 'medicines'. He said it is as irresponsible as taking a mixture of dangerous drugs from the back of a pharmacy and swallowing the lot. He said he had dealt with several meditators who had ignored his warnings and that they had set their practice back by years.

As for me, well, in my experience there comes a point when one sees the Oneness is all things and one is guided part by one's Higher Self and part by the compassion of and instruction by Buddha. _/\_
That was certainly good advice. That he is a lecturer in comparative religion is not a problem because professional teaching and personal practice are different things.
However to say that one e.g. is a Christian Buddhist is not good. And New Age philosophies are full of mix and match.

The ignorance of Western teachers is a general problem because they lack an Asian mindset.

The Kundalini work is eschewed in Buddhism for the same reason as any pursuance of spiritual powers, sidhis, is frowned upon.
Old 04-07-2017, 08:59 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerian
As for me, well, in my experience there comes a point when one sees the Oneness is all things and one is guided part by one's Higher Self and part by the compassion of and instruction by Buddha. _/\_
Here you fall into the western thinking trap by talking about Oneness and then referring to a Higher Self. If all is One there cannot be Higher or Lower, there is only the Self. Not even a true Self because that would imply an untrue Self.
If there is Oneness no distinction can be made.
Old 04-07-2017, 10:26 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by markings
Here you fall into the western thinking trap by talking about Oneness and then referring to a Higher Self. If all is One there cannot be Higher or Lower, there is only the Self. Not even a true Self because that would imply an untrue Self.
If there is Oneness no distinction can be made.

Buddha never taught that there is no-self... he taught not-self.
People get confused with 'Anatta ' and believe it refers to ' no self '.

Lower self in Buddhism refers to the impermanent body,
Higher self is Buddha Nature, true self.

Val...has not fallen into the 'Western Trap' someone else has, lol.
Old 04-07-2017, 11:09 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by django
The question to me would be why do Buddhists/Buddhism dismiss kundalini, it's not as though they wouldn't know about it, is there something that they know about either kundalini or spirituality or the meaning of life that you don't know???

If they don`t have a direct experience of Kunalini,then they do not know any secrets of Kundalini,good or bad.
They dont talk because they dont know,its as simple as that,as its not possible to know Kundalini without meeting her.
I have had close contact with a Buddhist monk so I am not talking from a book or other peoples experiences.I also experience Kunalini every second I live.

I know how this Buddhist monk views Energy.He did not have as much emotion as a Person with an active Kunalini but he had a lot of controlled Energy.
Its a choice for some.Become controlled and move further in your spiritual journey through peace and meditation.The middle path.
Or have no choice (at the beginning)and move forward with speed and ALL EMOTIONS! with Kundalini...not the middle path but a different path that leads to the same place but at a much quicker speed.

Kundalini is not the middle path....Kundalini is the Rollercoaster! and not everyone likes rollercoasters but its wrong to ignore them just because some guys that think they know so much,think it too dangerous for you or may kill you

So I say to Some Bhuddists "Come out of the past and into 2017" or you will be dead before you figure it out,
Old 04-07-2017, 11:13 AM
Valerian

"Buddha never taught that there is no-self... he taught not-self.
People get confused with 'Anatta ' and believe it refers to ' no self '.

Higher self is Buddha Nature, true self."

Thank you, sky123, beautifully and accurately written

valerie
Old 04-07-2017, 11:36 AM
Valerian

Originally Posted by running
"this is why i have a disgust towards buddhism. time after time 90% of the time fhe ignorance from them is astounding.

those tutors if anything should be your students if you wished to be one. there own dogma and lack of real experience is nothing but a hindrance.

9 times out of 10 i would guess one could go further, faster, staying away from idiots of that sort.

i seriously doubt you would of died or become mentally ill if you road it out. let the energy do her thing. it probaboy wouldnt of brought you to a bliss and silence that stayed. but you may have experienced it more than you have before. making you one step closer to it becoming your experience without breaks. meaning continuous.

i have seen people open up and experience the bliss and silence. i never seen one die or become mentally ill. not that it couldn't happen. but in this world anything could happen. but it doesnt make it likely."

When making judgement about peoply as 'idiots' without having met them is not usually recommended'

Russel Williams was recently persuaded to agree to the making of a book available on Amazon "Not I Not Other Than I. He has been interviewed on Conscious TV and although his teaching are eclectic he has been Honorary President of the Manchester Buddhist Society for probably more than 50 years. He has recently celebrated his 97th birthday and still holds groups at the house that he gifted to the Society, twice weekly. There are videos of him on YouTube posted not by himself. He is a quiet and humble man who is truly an enlightened man - believe me!

When he made those three possible reactions to the rising of the Kundalini, he was talking to me as my friend, not a student, in his own home with his wife. It was very personal because he knows me, and my state of health both mentally and physically. To another person, he would have said something applicable to that person. That is how a good teacher, including the Buddha, teaches.

As for myself, I am a former meditation teacher with my own students, some of whom still keep in contact. At my body age of 79, I have had many experiences in this life and I am also influenced by teachings and experiences in alternative lifetimes as well as this one.

May your own journey, running, be as blessed as mine has been,

Namasté
Valerie
Old 04-07-2017, 12:28 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Higher self is Buddha Nature, true self.
There is no Higher or Lower self in Buddhism.
There is the Self and then the self.

By the necessity of Oneness, everyone seems to trumpet about, the impermanent body is also Buddha nature.

To use Higher and Lower is to use western ideas and terminology talking to western people. In terms of Buddhism this is highly misleading if not downright wrong.
Old 04-07-2017, 12:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrynu
If they don`t have a direct experience of Kunalini,then they do not know any secrets of Kundalini,good or bad.
They dont talk because they dont know,its as simple as that,as its not possible to know Kundalini without meeting her.
I have had close contact with a Buddhist monk so I am not talking from a book or other peoples experiences.I also experience Kunalini every second I live.

I know how this Buddhist monk views Energy.He did not have as much emotion as a Person with an active Kunalini but he had a lot of controlled Energy.
Its a choice for some.Become controlled and move further in your spiritual journey through peace and meditation.The middle path.
Or have no choice (at the beginning)and move forward with speed and ALL EMOTIONS! with Kundalini...not the middle path but a different path that leads to the same place but at a much quicker speed.

Kundalini is not the middle path....Kundalini is the Rollercoaster! and not everyone likes rollercoasters but its wrong to ignore them just because some guys that think they know so much,think it too dangerous for you or may kill you

So I say to Some Bhuddists "Come out of the past and into 2017" or you will be dead before you figure it out,

It seems to me you're making an absolute assumption that all spiritual roads lead to the same outcome, I very much doubt that this is true though.
Old 04-07-2017, 12:54 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrynu

A number of you have practiced kundalini and felt good to you. I wonder at what part or just health or purely religion concentration practice. If you thought that kundalini is good then it's easy to just believe in Hinduism. Or if you only practice it as fun and not caring for religion then you're on the right track. Or you still believe in Buddhism then you're creating a new religion or a mix of two religions.

If you're the founder of Buddhism, Buddha, will he follow you to learn kundalini as well? Or after you've not on this world anymore, will he accept you to stay with him . I think these factors have to be considered.

If you said, kundalini is good for health why not you learn martial art or other art that also have a similar of moving energy inside a person's body. This will never against any religion "offence".

Why I said this way, when you're a Buddhist and you go to learn kundalini of Hinduism then your Buddhas are not going to take care of you anymore. And the Hindus Gods will cut in, then who you should follow. Your mind with Buddha will be futilely wasted .

And you don't know about Buddhism and Hinduism how much different they're? So my opinion is stick to one of them otherwise find yourself a good reason to practice more than one religion as you like.

As for me, Jesus and Buddha Gautama are my mentors but I never practice or learning Buddhism scriptures. Buddha Sakyamuni is with me for more or less forty years to teach or look after me. But until recently, I want to fight all bad gods in the universe and on earth then I talk or interacting more with Buddha. And he had transferred all his dharma and his scriptures Chinese words all over inside my body.

As for Jesus, he transfers all his power to me for nearly forty years. I can use his spiritual wooden cross to fight the bad gods or demons. So in my mind, I never belong to any religion when I fight for bad and good Gods to restore peace and order for them. That's every God or religion are included in this world.

So I'm a Christian maybe or a Buddhist also. So my three spirits are becoming Gods or Spirit-Gods. One is a Buddha, two of them are Spirit-Gods. One Spirit-God is in the Christianity heaven and the other Buddha and Spirit-God are now with Buddha Sakyamuni and Buddha Amitaba in the pure land in the universe. My Spirit-Gods will come back when I need their help.
Old 04-07-2017, 01:42 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Bong
A number of you have practiced kundalini and felt good to you. I wonder at what part or just health or purely religion concentration practice. If you thought that kundalini is good then it's easy to just believe in Hinduism. Or if you only practice it as fun and not caring for religion then you're on the right track. Or you still believe in Buddhism then you're creating a new religion or a mix of two religions.

If you're the founder of Buddhism, Buddha, will he follow you to learn kundalini as well? Or after you've not on this world anymore, will he accept you to stay with him . I think these factors have to be considered.

If you said, kundalini is good for health why not you learn martial art or other art that also have a similar of moving energy inside a person's body. This will never against any religion "offence".

Why I said this way, when you're a Buddhist and you go to learn kundalini of Hinduism then your Buddhas are not going to take care of you anymore. And the Hindus Gods will cut in, then who you should follow. Your mind with Buddha will be futilely wasted .

And you don't know about Buddhism and Hinduism how much different they're? So my opinion is stick to one of them otherwise find yourself a good reason to practice more than one religion as you like.

As for me, Jesus and Buddha Gautama are my mentors but I never practice or learning Buddhism scriptures. Buddha Sakyamuni is with me for more or less forty years to teach or look after me. But until recently, I want to fight all bad gods in the universe and on earth then I talk or interacting more with Buddha. And he had transferred all his dharma and his scriptures Chinese words all over inside my body.

As for Jesus, he transfers all his power to me for nearly forty years. I can use his spiritual wooden cross to fight the bad gods or demons. So in my mind, I never belong to any religion when I fight for bad and good Gods to restore peace and order for them. That's every God or religion are included in this world.

So I'm a Christian maybe or a Buddhist also. So my three spirits are becoming Gods or Spirit-Gods. One is a Buddha, two of them are Spirit-Gods. One Spirit-God is in the Christianity heaven and the other Buddha and Spirit-God are now with Buddha Sakyamuni and Buddha Amitaba in the pure land in the universe. My Spirit-Gods will come back when I need their help.

I am similar to you.I dont have any religion or belief system and I can see the good and the bad in all the spiritual views.I take the good and use it and I look at the bad and learn from it.....but good and bad are dependent on perception and personal circumstance.

Buddhism is the middle path and Kundalini brings you along all paths at different times so I have experienced the middle path and found it less emotional so it has not got the rapid healing and transformations that can be found on other paths.

I too have a great connection to Jesus.I dont worship him,I view him as a friend who has my back.

I recently had some interaction with Lord Shiva who I saw/found in someone else here on these forums and this is very new, so another path I can walk for a while.
What am I?...Buddhist?Christian?Hindu?...It doesnt matter what I call myself now because I "know myself" now after 6 short years of Kundalini Energy.

I dont practice Kundalini.I dont think you can,....I allow it to flow through me.
Kundalini
Holy spirit
Shiva/Shakti

Is there a word in Buddhism for it?........if not then Buddhism is missing something connected to LOVE