Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 08-03-2017, 09:54 PM
Knower

I believe it is possible if you engage your spirit, and body with the positive thinking of your mind.
Old 09-03-2017, 05:01 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parma
I believe it is possible if you engage your spirit, and body with the positive thinking of your mind.
Engaging the spirit is not enough. Most people only come to the spirit when desperate. If that is the case one cannot engage effectively and one is also prone to disengage as soon as the crisis is over.

Living in the spirit for some time is a requirement for this method of curing diseases. Our western mindset works against this. Witness New Age theories which often are just repackaged Christianity and do not go to the core of Eastern, wholistic, beliefs.
Old 10-03-2017, 01:09 AM
Super Moderator
It can be hard to understand this whole "Karma" thing. One thing it is not -is some sort of punishment meted out by anything that knows better than us or wants to see us suffer.
Oh and by the way, Cancer probably affects 1 in 3 people. I don't know the exact statistics, but it is an extremely common disease. Many people (maybe even me?) will succumb to it or even pass from it. Many animals also get it and many beloved dogs and cats have to be put to sleep because they have it. And usually the worst "Karma" a creature like that could have is being grumpy, raiding the refrigerator, or biting someone! They simply don't know "evil" as we can know it.

Cancer is probably as common as tooth abscesses or twisting an ankle.
Getting Cancer has absolutely NOTHING to do with what quality of person or Soul you are.
It is absolutely nothing to do with so-called "bad karma".
Oh dear, Karma is much misunderstood.

Hitler didn't get Cancer, but my sweet Mama did....and Slayer of Light's mother too. And my father (though he didn't pass from it) And both my dogs, and my husband. And I learned recently that a very lovely and selfless woman who devoted her life to rescuing street dogs in Thailand -also passed from it.

As for "beating Cancer with positive thinking"....well it is definitely worth a shot! Sometimes a drastic lifestyle turnaround can stop it in its tracks....sometimes.
Sometimes alternative therapies work so well too.
And then there was a case I heard of where a woman had definitely diagnosed breast cancer. She spent her time praying....not for herself as such but because she couldn't leave. She had care duties. She believed. She went back for a final scan on the day she was to receive her 1st chemo dose, and guess what the scan found? Nothing. No cancer. It had gone. Okay maybe she was wrongly diagnosed. There is no hard evidence for that. Or maybe something weird happened. So I'm not saying positive prayer and thought can't do anything. Maybe it can sometimes? Maybe if we raise our vibrational level very very high, and live in that most of the time, we can alter our cell replication errors. I have an open mind about those possibilities, myself. I feel it's not impossible.

But it's not a result of being 'bad' in a previous lifetime. We were ALL 'bad' at some time or other, or maybe we've had moments of being 'bad' in this life? That doesn't give us Cancer. But it does give us something to face up to and do something about, whether we get Cancer or not.

Meanwhile, loving and strong people and animals die of it daily. Those ones often wouldn't hurt a fly and don't have a mean bone in their bodies. Some of them are extremely spiritual. Many of them live healthy lifestyles!
My husband probably ate 8 or more portions of fruit and veg per day all of his life....yet it got him! I know an old fella who smokes, lives on sandwiches; has done for many years and he's in his 80s, doesn't give a stuff about spiritual things, and hasn't got cancer yet! So what's it all about? Probably not "Karma". Or clean living.
We are not "better than it", any more than we are better than any other disease flesh is heir to. We come into this dense world full of all sorts of perils, so sooner or later a bullet hits us. SO what??
Enjoy your lives guys. Just get on with those lives and live them to the full while you can.
Old 10-03-2017, 01:29 AM
Pathfinder

Can we really cure diseases like cancer with positive thinking?

yeah, not with positive thinking alone but more rather of that which becomes.. positive energy which is produced by positive thoughts and action that are along with it
Old 10-03-2017, 04:56 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwutzi
Can we really cure diseases like cancer with positive thinking?

yeah, not with positive thinking alone but more rather of that which becomes.. positive energy which is produced by positive thoughts and action that are along with it
There is plenty of (anecdotal) evidence mainly from China, that by taking up Qi Gong in intensive manner people cured themselves of all kind of diseases, including cancer. This includes public figures like government ministers.

As you say, thoughts and actions must go together.
Old 10-03-2017, 04:59 AM
Pathfinder
I've had several times when my body went to work and cured itself once a problem had been identified. I didn't need to concentrate on it. It seemed that stating the problem clearly was sufficient.
Old 10-03-2017, 05:05 AM
FrankieJG

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilingsun
The story of this woman is amazing, there is much more to reality than what is traditionally accepted as true.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWf8V1PXN-k

Anita was diagnosed with terminal cancer, and doctors told her family she was just hours away from death. It was at this point that she "crossed over" and then returned again into this world with a clearer understanding of her life and purpose on earth. This understanding subsequently led to a total recovery of her health.

This was amazing!! Such an incredible story.Worth sharing as much as you can :)
Old 10-03-2017, 05:09 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by markings
There is plenty of (anecdotal) evidence mainly from China, that by taking up Qi Gong in intensive manner people cured themselves of all kind of diseases, including cancer. This includes public figures like government ministers.

Yeah.. not to mention that.. it becomes lifestyle.. like in qi gong, the same one with cancer is depicted within a lifestyle...
one should pick up a picked.. a sign and protest with VOICE and with ACTION (walking infront of the culprit estate...
but yeah its a lifestyle some, issues of life take greater priority in it then others.. but by faith as well which is though one should protest against the acceptance of it by good sense and virtue.. dont go bizzar but make it meanwhile as is to a farewell of a new chapter...

thx for that comment btw markings :)
Old 10-03-2017, 07:58 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by markings

Qigong is excellent for curing and preventing illness, in China it is used in Hospitals as the West use Physiotherapy.
Doing 5 mins each day properly is as good as doing 60 mins, intensive Qigong is not good for you. Little and often will produce the same results as doing it for long periods of time.
Always end your Form with a self massage, and never practise straight after eating...
Old 10-03-2017, 03:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
It can be hard to understand this whole "Karma" thing. One thing it is not -is some sort of punishment meted out by anything that knows better than us or wants to see us suffer.
Oh and by the way, Cancer probably affects 1 in 3 people. I don't know the exact statistics, but it is an extremely common disease. Many people (maybe even me?) will succumb to it or even pass from it. Many animals also get it and many beloved dogs and cats have to be put to sleep because they have it. And usually the worst "Karma" a creature like that could have is being grumpy, raiding the refrigerator, or biting someone! They simply don't know "evil" as we can know it.

Cancer is probably as common as tooth abscesses or twisting an ankle.
Getting Cancer has absolutely NOTHING to do with what quality of person or Soul you are.
It is absolutely nothing to do with so-called "bad karma".
Oh dear, Karma is much misunderstood.

Hitler didn't get Cancer, but my sweet Mama did....and Slayer of Light's mother too. And my father (though he didn't pass from it) And both my dogs, and my husband. And I learned recently that a very lovely and selfless woman who devoted her life to rescuing street dogs in Thailand -also passed from it.

As for "beating Cancer with positive thinking"....well it is definitely worth a shot! Sometimes a drastic lifestyle turnaround can stop it in its tracks....sometimes.
Sometimes alternative therapies work so well too.
And then there was a case I heard of where a woman had definitely diagnosed breast cancer. She spent her time praying....not for herself as such but because she couldn't leave. She had care duties. She believed. She went back for a final scan on the day she was to receive her 1st chemo dose, and guess what the scan found? Nothing. No cancer. It had gone. Okay maybe she was wrongly diagnosed. There is no hard evidence for that. Or maybe something weird happened. So I'm not saying positive prayer and thought can't do anything. Maybe it can sometimes? Maybe if we raise our vibrational level very very high, and live in that most of the time, we can alter our cell replication errors. I have an open mind about those possibilities, myself. I feel it's not impossible.

But it's not a result of being 'bad' in a previous lifetime. We were ALL 'bad' at some time or other, or maybe we've had moments of being 'bad' in this life? That doesn't give us Cancer. But it does give us something to face up to and do something about, whether we get Cancer or not.

Meanwhile, loving and strong people and animals die of it daily. Those ones often wouldn't hurt a fly and don't have a mean bone in their bodies. Some of them are extremely spiritual. Many of them live healthy lifestyles!
My husband probably ate 8 or more portions of fruit and veg per day all of his life....yet it got him! I know an old fella who smokes, lives on sandwiches; has done for many years and he's in his 80s, doesn't give a stuff about spiritual things, and hasn't got cancer yet! So what's it all about? Probably not "Karma". Or clean living.
We are not "better than it", any more than we are better than any other disease flesh is heir to. We come into this dense world full of all sorts of perils, so sooner or later a bullet hits us. SO what??
Enjoy your lives guys. Just get on with those lives and live them to the full while you can.

Great posts all. Really agreed with Barrynu and Bartholomew. Also what Markings & Sky said about qi gong, a tradition of energy work. All that is true, as I understand and have experienced it. And I think what Tobi has said is just spot on, in that the best thing is to live from your heart centre, aligned with spirit, regardless of what happens.

What Markings said is right too...there are always one or more sources of vulnerability in the physical body. These are the physical representations, very broadly, of spiritual iniquities we have not yet transmuted. At a higher level, it is also broadly representative of the illumination that is obscured a bit as the intangible emanates into the tangible realm of existence.

Many of these physical iniquities do emanate into our existence from past lives or else they are our current genetic inheritance. This is simply a part of having a physical existence at this stage in our level of spiritual development and at humanity's current level of consciousness.

But everyone's situation is different...and the different outcomes we see all round certainly have no bearing on the worth or value of each soul. If anything, we are all called to help one another and to maximise assistance and resources whilst minimise suffering wherever possible and wherever needed. That is what we can do.

We cannot walk another's journey for them, but we can share the journey alongside them as we walk our own path. As a society and as individuals can provide food, housing, schooling, jobs, medical care, support, kindness, and friendship for one another.

Regardless, though, if we focus on being here now with love and presence, we can make the most of this lifetime. Regardless of what constrains us or what else may happen.

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke