Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 07-03-2017, 06:48 AM
FrankieJG

Can we really cure diseases like cancer with positive thinking?

Not only cancer but any other serious illnesses which are hard to cure. Often called as placebo effect?
Old 07-03-2017, 09:23 AM
Guide

Yes, at least some of them. E.g. if one has lung cancer due to prolonged dust exposure then the lungs may be inherently damaged. Or an alcoholic may have damaged his liver to an extent that it has become impossible to repair. If there is a physical cause and corresponding damage, the answer is No, especially if the cause is not entirely removed.

Excluding the foregoing it should be possible to cure disease at least in theory. In practice it is difficult because our positive thoughts may not go deep enough.
Thoughts do not just exist in our head but over time imprint themselves in our beliefs, our attitudes, our unconscious mind and eventually in our body. To cure a disease by positive thoughts we have to reach the thoughts in our bones. That is an exceedingly difficult undertaking as there is no direct access and there may be obstacles to reaching and changing them permanently.
Old 07-03-2017, 01:37 PM
Experiencer
I don't think so.
When a disease develops over a long period, there are several things that went wrong in an person's lifestyle and the way he things or sees the world.
This cannot be removed just by positive thinking.

-

E. A. Poe​

Old 07-03-2017, 01:51 PM
Deactivated Account
My mother was a positive thinker, but she still died of cancer. So NO, don't fall for that ''positivity cures everything'' hogwash.
Old 07-03-2017, 01:55 PM
Thumbs up

Not a placebo effect in my book.
And Flora is correct...core beliefs must be changed along with positivity.
Since the omnipresent flow of the Infinite Spirit of Intelligence, Power, Knowledge and Benevolence...
often called Source Energy or God... are within every corner and space of every cell and atom in our bodies...we
ourselves being co-creators with the Creator...can create health overnight...
tumors are nothing, a piece of cake with Grace and the power of belief.

The exception of changing a person's core beliefs is when you are doing Intercessory Prayer or healing ...
as in, when a person is dying, in a coma, being kept alive by pumps...which happened...
when the person was off all the machines, smiling, sitting up and talking the next morning after
doing an intercessory prayer to the Holy Spirit...and she is still alive and kicking 3-4 years later....this month!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 07-03-2017, 02:10 PM
FrankieJG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Not a placebo effect in my book.
And Flora is correct...core beliefs must be changed along with positivity.
Since the omnipresent flow of the Infinite Spirit of Intelligence, Power, Knowledge and Benevolence...
often called Source Energy or God... are within every corner and space of every cell and atom in our bodies...we
ourselves being co-creators with the Creator...can create health overnight...
tumors are nothing, a piece of cake with Grace and the power of belief.

The exception of changing a person's core beliefs is when you are doing Intercessory Prayer or healing ...
as in, when a person is dying, in a coma, being kept alive by pumps...which happened...
when the person was off all the machines, smiling, sitting up and talking the next morning after
doing an intercessory prayer to the Holy Spirit...and she is still alive and kicking 3-4 years later....this month!

2 of the grand mas of my friends I knew in school were fully cured of cancer.Oh yeah my music teacher too. She now has hair better than me. She always look above and thank God whenever we ask her how she made it.All they had was grace for God. What bothers me is that some are cured when some are not. Well Karma plays a role too. Certain karma we did in past lives are too strong that it is hard to escape.
Old 07-03-2017, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankieJG
What bothers me is that some are cured when some are not.
There are many factors...sometimes we can help the person undercover what they could be...sometimes not.

I have said to people if their is a sliver of doubt in your mind...forget it.
People can say with tears how much they love God, have faith in God, believe He wants them healed and has the power
to heal them ...you proceed with the healing and 'nothing'.

Only to find out, tho their faith is super, they are holding deep within
them a b-e-l-i-e-f....that they deserve this disease...or God is punishing them...
or they are 'bad' and God really doesn't want to heal them...Oy vey...it can be such work.

Now, could the person have made a blueprint before incarnating to die
this way at 40 years old! for whatever reason, we do not know?

There are many factors to this...and the most important thing to know is it is all perfect...
there is no death anyway...we are always exactly where we are meant to be...here or on the Other Side.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 07-03-2017, 02:58 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankieJG
2 of the grand mas of my friends I knew in school were fully cured of cancer.Oh yeah my music teacher too. She now has hair better than me. She always look above and thank God whenever we ask her how she made it.All they had was grace for God. What bothers me is that some are cured when some are not. Well Karma plays a role too. Certain karma we did in past lives are too strong that it is hard to escape.

That's pure hogwash... Good people get cancer and die all the time and Karma has nothing to do with that, because there are plenty of awful people getting away with everything they do. I take slight offense in this because the way you wrote it makes it look like my mother had bad karma and was a bad person... And there is little to no evidence for past lives and in the many NDE's I've studied I barely find anything related to reincarnation. Whatever you believe is up to you, but if I were you I'd be a little bit more realistic instead of blaming every ill thing on karma. Also, it makes no sense to punish someone with karma in their new life while they don't even remember what they supposedly did wrong in their past life.... If you are being punished you have at least the right to know WHY.
Old 07-03-2017, 03:20 PM
Guide

There is no single reason, no single cause for most things. Everyone's body has a weak spot somewhere where disease might get a hold given an opportunity. Nutrition, especially in early childhood, social and environmental factor all contribute to disease.
We know that things run in families and not only genetically. Children of successful families are much more likely to be successful. This may be partly due to the mindset which is passed on and in that way 'karmic' influences may span many generations.
Old 08-03-2017, 03:22 AM
FrankieJG

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
That's pure hogwash... Good people get cancer and die all the time and Karma has nothing to do with that, because there are plenty of awful people getting away with everything they do. I take slight offense in this because the way you wrote it makes it look like my mother had bad karma and was a bad person... And there is little to no evidence for past lives and in the many NDE's I've studied I barely find anything related to reincarnation. Whatever you believe is up to you, but if I were you I'd be a little bit more realistic instead of blaming every ill thing on karma. Also, it makes no sense to punish someone with karma in their new life while they don't even remember what they supposedly did wrong in their past life.... If you are being punished you have at least the right to know WHY.

Well I totally understand what you mean. People doing the worst things lead perfect lives. There are countless times that I have said karma is bull **** but whether I believe in karma or not some invisible hand really is controlling each other's lives.
You are absolutely right about that we are supposed to know WHY we are getting punished. For what bad thing we did in the past. I wish that was possible but universe doesn't always happen the way we wish. In Buddhism most of the things which happen are due to karma but not all. People don't make bad choices because of bad karma. And it is his own bad choice which give him bad results and not karma.

I believe there are still many more laws that people haven't discovered yet. Perhaps LUCK.I can't agree with this "positivity makes you lucky". Some are lucky because they are positive and some are positive all the time yet not lucky at all. I was not positive but many of my exam results were miracles and my batch mates kept on saying you have a luck when it comes to exams. I know very well that I wasn't positive.I didn't study like they did. Somehow I ended up getting the highest marks with little effort. I don't know how I inherited that.
Similarly some are lucky in their finances. Whether they visualize or not they buy their SUV without any hassle. Some find their love whether they activate their heart chakra or not.They don't even know what it means. While others go on for years visualizing and affirming don't get a single proper date. Maybe this is destiny. God is not punishing anyone as I don't believe that God created us. God/s do help us but there is no such thing as punishment. I think it is the destiny each of us have. Sure we can change it but only to a certain extent.There is always some limitation. There are avenues in the universe we are not meant to discover. The best thing is accept the reality as it is and be happy and grateful for what we already have without being jealous ,complaining or questioning about what other have or get. In the mean time I don't see any bad in being positive whether it is going to make me win the lottery or not. Positivity gives us hope. And hope helps us in keeping step.