Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astrology

Old 02-08-2011, 10:42 AM
Tammy

Transit period?

What is this?
Old 02-08-2011, 01:06 PM
Time

A real simple answer, is the movements of the planets.
Old 02-08-2011, 01:12 PM
Tammy

sorry what i really ment was, what does it mean when some says :

your Transit Period – is about to enter into your life. is this good or bad?
Old 02-08-2011, 03:15 PM
Greybeard

Tammy, a "transit" is the motion of a planet in its orbit, and refers particularly to the moment in time when any transiting planet (planet in its real-time motion) crosses over, or comes into astrological aspect to, a point in the zodiac that was occupied by a planet at your birth, that is, in your natal chart.

Suppose the Sun was in the 13th degree of Libra the day you were born. The astrologer would say that "she has the Sun in 13 Libra". This point is "sensitized" and remains so throughout your life. Today, in real-time, Saturn is in 13 Libra. So "Saturn is transiting your Sun".

The transits, especially of the "heavy" planets (those from Jupiter outward to Pluto), "cause" conditions and events to occur in your life. They are one of the primary "predictive tools" used by astrologers.

They can be either "good" or "bad". What is important is that the show the timing of events within rather close limits. It is the natal planet that is "activated", that is "acted upon". The transiting planet, the one in real-time motion affecting the natal planet, is the one that brings events or conditions from "outside" (it can be internal as well) and sets off the "meaning" of the natal planet.

I like morbid examples. They shock people. So I will use the transit of Pluto. Today Pluto is retrograde in the 6th degree of Capricorn. Pluto moves very slowly (his orbital period is about 250 years -- he goes around the Sun one time every 250 years) and so he will not reach 13 Capricorn until spring of 2014. My Ascendant, one of the astrological symbols of our "life", is in 13 Cancer, exactly opposite 13 Cancer. So we say, when Pluto comes to 13 Capricorn, that "Pluto opposes the natal Ascendant". Pluto is the planet of transformation, the Ascendant the "body, the life". Thus I will be transformed in the spring of 2014; I will die. [The fact that Pluto opposes the Ascendant does not always indicate the personal death. Many other factors were considered in forming this prediction.]

When Jupiter transits your Sun (the conjunction) you may win the lottery. Or get married. Or go on a long and self-expanding trip. What actually happens depends on the natal chart. Most transits "cause" several more or less simultaneous events in a life (or destiny of a nation) that seem to be unrelated but are really different manifestations of the same energy.

Hope this sheds some light on your question.
Old 02-08-2011, 03:18 PM
Greybeard

Whoops....typo

My Ascendant, one of the astrological symbols of our "life", is in 13 Cancer, exactly opposite 13 Cancer.

Cancer should read "Capricorn".
Old 02-08-2011, 03:26 PM
Greybeard

Oh..."transit period" refers to the time surrounding the exact transit. As a rough measure we could say that when the transiting planet is within 3 degrees either before or after the exact transit it is "effective" and can "cause" things to happen. So the slower the planet, the longer the transit period. When a transiting planet turns retrograde just after passing over a natal planet, the period is greatly extended (it lasts a much longer-than-normal time) and is quite powerful because, in most cases, there will be three contacts (exact transits) instead of just one.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:57 PM
Time

No real difference. Movements = change, in the universe and otherwise.
Old 03-08-2011, 01:23 AM
Greybeard

P.S.: There is a second meaning to "transit" and "transit period". It means that a planet...Mercury or Venus specifically...goes across the face of the Sun. It is akin to a solar eclipse, but of course the bodies of Mercury and Venus are to small to cause an eclipse. But this is not the transit you refer to in your question.
Old 03-08-2011, 01:31 AM
Greybeard

I can't help it....

If I were to ask Time how to get from here to Saskatoon, he would reply, "Thataway".

Someone standing next to us would describe the route in some detail -- the pass over the mountains, the location of the ford at the river, the fork in the road.....

and Time would then say, "Same thing. It's Thataway".

I too love Simplicity.
Old 07-08-2011, 05:32 PM
Master
So can u predict assassination attempts on presidents for example and if so can it then be prevented or will it happen no matter what