Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 22-06-2011, 08:10 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tipareth

Google about Hunza Valley and Hunza people. Simple people that are living very long life. Still eating meat but rarely, mostly in winter. Eating very natural organic food, living simple in a non polluted environment.
Ok i can live with never eating meat again but pepsi and coke? there is where the struggle begins.
Old 22-06-2011, 10:04 AM
Tipareth

The true question is not being vegetarian or not, but more how gentle we are with beings and plants, even if we consume them.

How animals and plants are treated. Are we infecting them with growth hormones, are we keeping them in hell houses? Are we poisoning plants with chemicals and twist their nature into laboratories?

Are we living simple? Even if we like meat, are we aware that animals who run free in nature, in the yard are way more happy, even if at some point are killed for our food?

Where is the equilibrium in this?

As I recalled how I lived as a child, eating meat but rare... Meat was luxury product. Few times a month, this is all we consumed from our yard/little farm.

I think the answer is in respecting nature, and not poison it, not twist it for industrial purposes and for money. Also respect and love animals. If you want to eat meat eat it less often, and from little farms were animals lived happy in the yard. At least that.
This attitude respects that old circle of life... In nature animals are killing each other, but this is spontaneous and not planed, those animals that get killed up to the point of dieing, they are free and running happily in the nature. We should try to provide this environment for the animals that we eat. Then the prices of meat will get so high, and meat indeed will become the luxury product. For humans meat should be a luxury product, organic, expensive and rare.
Old 22-06-2011, 10:06 AM
Tipareth

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightworkerAu
Ok i can live with never eating meat again but pepsi and coke? there is where the struggle begins.

oh yeah... I know... lol

Pepsi and coke is like a drug or something, almost getting us addicted is not good. Better to not buy and having around, then try to fight this... cause is hard...
Old 22-06-2011, 01:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tipareth
oh yeah... I know... lol

Pepsi and coke is like a drug or something, almost getting us addicted is not good. Better to not buy and having around, then try to fight this... cause is hard...
il allow myself at least that one vice in life somethings gotta kill me lol.
Old 22-06-2011, 01:51 PM
Time

Tip - Your english is better then most people i talk to, that SPEAK english. Youll learn lots ( please my typing sucks, dont use me as an example LOL)

Your post, is pretty much smack dab where I am. Except I eat meat. But i definetly share your sentiments on "oldschool farming" as opposed to "capitalist farming". How would it really be cruel to kill something you grew yourself ( aside form the "oh it has a face thing"), to me it would make me feel better knowing that the animals life was good, and that nothing was wasted in its death.

I think your right too, it sint meat vs plants, its about respecting natures abundance, NOT wasting it. The average america throws away 40% of all food bought. Thats produce and meat. How is that respecting? That means for every 100 000 cows eaten, depending on how you look at it, at least 10 000 cows are wated, just because we waste so much.

The same goes with plants. Most people, dont compost, they throw them out. Even farmers, all they want is "perfect" produce, becasue most people dont want to see a blemish on their lemon, or forked carrots...