Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 05-11-2010, 01:28 PM
Silverfox

Reiki Energy or Spiritul Energy... how do we know

Hello to one and all,

A question arose from a recent Reiki healing circle and we wonder if you shed some light on it.

During a recent Healing circle, one of our colleagues advised us that one of his friends, we will call him Andy, had chatted to him regarding a recent healing Andy had gave.

When Andy was about to commence his Reiki healing on his friend he got the inner urge to stand back out of his friends energy and realign. Now, this has happened on several occasions that Andy has been "told" to step back and realign before continuing with the Healing.

Here is the question: Being "told" to stand back happens in Spiritual healings, which I have experienced but I for one, have never experienced this in any Reiki healings that I have done. Our circle are still debating whether this is a Reiki healing or in fact a Spiritual healing Andy is doing.

Still not quite sure if Andy knows the difference between Reiki and Spiritual healing. Thank you all in advance for your feedback.

May the Angels keep you safe, even when you are sleeping.

Silverfox
Old 05-11-2010, 03:30 PM
pre-dawn

By whom was Andy told to realign, and realign with what?
How do the circle members differentiate between spiritual healing and Reiki healing?
Old 05-11-2010, 10:16 PM
Enya

It depends on how limited you think reiki healing is, imho... In my own experience, being attuned to reiki opens many people to their spirit healing connection and they may find themselves working more directly with their spirit healing team. While reiki and spiritual healing may be debated and taught differently, they blend so naturally, one may work with both in a particular session. Andy's spirit healers may be teaching him to re-align simply because he is not properly detached while giving reiki.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:21 AM
Silverfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by pre-dawn
By whom was Andy told to realign, and realign with what?
How do the circle members differentiate between spiritual healing and Reiki healing?

\pre-dawn, \that is the question that we require an answer to.
Whilst the healing circle has both spiritual healers who are also Reiki healers and these persons can tell the difference in the way the energy is deliverd, Andy is purely Reiki healing but has appreciated from spiritual healing himself as the receiver but has not trained to be a spiritual healer??

Thanks for the imput
Silverfox.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:29 AM
Silverfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enya
It depends on how limited you think reiki healing is, imho... In my own experience, being attuned to reiki opens many people to their spirit healing connection and they may find themselves working more directly with their spirit healing team. While reiki and spiritual healing may be debated and taught differently, they blend so naturally, one may work with both in a particular session. Andy's spirit healers may be teaching him to re-align simply because he is not properly detached while giving reiki.

Hi Enya, thanks for the reply. Totally agree regarding the blending of Reiki and spiritual healing, both so beautiful but both different. Its that difference that a Reiki / Spiritual healer can tell the difference but alas someone who has not had the same training ie dual healing abilities, perhaps get caught up in the energies around them but regarding Andy...what was it that told him to stand back to realign before completing his ?? Reiki healing..any help much apreciated.

with lots of love..
Silverfox
Old 06-11-2010, 02:28 AM
pre-dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfox
\pre-dawn, \that is the question that we require an answer to.
Whilst the healing circle has both spiritual healers who are also Reiki healers and these persons can tell the difference in the way the energy is deliverd, Andy is purely Reiki healing but has appreciated from spiritual healing himself as the receiver but has not trained to be a spiritual healer??
If the people who do both kind of healing can tell the difference then they must be able to say what the difference is.
Andy may just imitate them. Approval, acknowledgment, recognition may be some motivating factors.
Maybe he just doesn't need training in it but does it naturally?
Old 06-11-2010, 07:20 AM
sunny shine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfox
Here is the question: Being "told" to stand back happens in Spiritual healings, which I have experienced but I for one, have never experienced this in any Reiki healings that I have done. Our circle are still debating whether this is a Reiki healing or in fact a Spiritual healing Andy is doing.

Still not quite sure if Andy knows the difference between Reiki and Spiritual healing. Thank you all in advance for your feedback.

You are right! I am a Reiki healer and i havent been standing out to realign energy etc, we just invoke reiki and start healing. I think andy is doing spiritual healing, but reiki is so flexible it can be used along with any other healing modalities.
Old 06-11-2010, 10:39 AM
pre-dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny shine
You are right! I am a Reiki healer and i havent been standing out to realign energy etc, we just invoke reiki and start healing. I think andy is doing spiritual healing, but reiki is so flexible it can be used along with any other healing modalities.

The question is then whether it should be used in such a way. I don't think so.

I would even argue that it is not possible to do so as the two originate from a different source or at least take a different path. Spiritual healing and Reiki have contradictory paths. The healer needs to decide which path he wants to work with.
He cannot take up both positions at once, and swapping from one to the other just dilutes the healing.
Old 06-11-2010, 10:57 AM
Master
Hi Silverfox

Does your healing circle also use or ask for self protection (individually each person) before starting healing?
with kindness
:)
Old 06-11-2010, 11:21 PM
Enya

Quote:
Originally Posted by pre-dawn
The question is then whether it should be used in such a way. I don't think so.

I would even argue that it is not possible to do so as the two originate from a different source or at least take a different path. Spiritual healing and Reiki have contradictory paths. The healer needs to decide which path he wants to work with.
He cannot take up both positions at once, and swapping from one to the other just dilutes the healing.

I am puzzled as to why you feel Reiki and Spiritual healing are contradictory. In my experience, they are opposite sides of the same coin.

How can healing be diluted? Surely the patient will get what they need;for example - Reiki healing on the physical/emotional level and spiritual healing on the higher vibratory levels.

It was through Reiki that I was taught spiritual healing by my spirit healers. While I can easily recognise the difference when working on a patient, I don't think I'd be right to say - Hold off, guys, she only came here for reiki and that's all she's getting thru me!'. I trust that the patient receives what they need, on all levels.