Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 11-10-2010, 06:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtuality
I know that the iarp offers insurance, but if you find something more affordable than theirs please share.

I will if I get some answers.
Old 11-10-2010, 06:50 PM
Virtuality

I just found this, although not sure how good theirs is... http://www.namtonline.com/home/index...1 2024&s_page= the cheapest I've found, but not sure exactly what is covered by their plan as the site is kinda vague...

and http://www.internationalreikiassociation.com/home/index.php?site_config_id=11&page_selection=1684 which is kinda nice that its INCLUDED in their membership unlike the iarp. [EDIT: JUST CALLED THEM AND THEY'RE GOING OUT OF BUSINESS... BUMMER :( ]

found this one too, but they're more expensive: http://www.handsontrade.com/Coverage.html

and also http://www.abmp.com/contact/ I sent a note to them to find out exactly what they cover....

and of course iarp.org only problem with them is that the insurance is in ADDITION to the membership fee which is sort of harsh (although the certificates sure are pretty).

still looking for a cheap solution to something my spiritual side thinks shouldn't be necessary in the first place

maybe between the two of us we can find an insurance miracle, lol!

Last edited by Virtuality : 11-10-2010 at 10:32 PM.
Old 11-10-2010, 08:55 PM
EmergingPath

Quote:
Originally Posted by ces
I'm going to check out the insurance side of things :(

here is a link to IARP's site where you can pick some up if so inclinded
http://www.iarpreiki.org/Default.aspx (I am neither endorsing nor promoting that organization or its insuirance)

I would also suggest another avenue to go could be to be ordained as a minister with hands on Reiki as part of your spiritual practice...

Just my opinion
Old 11-10-2010, 09:53 PM
Silverfox

Hello to one & all.

Light filled heart, thank you for your very common sense response to why we would need insurance. Not sure what its like outside the UK but within the UK and if you practice Reiki and charge for the service...you require insurance. Don't get me wrong, there are still wonderful Reiki practicioners out there that give their Reiki services for free...like us... but am not sure if they have insurance? LFH, you make a really valid point in that why would someone sue over Reiki.

It's a Silverfox...and of course, its a bhoy.
Blue light healing to one & all.

God bless.

Old 12-10-2010, 05:29 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfox
Hello to one & all.

Light filled heart, thank you for your very common sense response to why we would need insurance. Not sure what its like outside the UK but within the UK and if you practice Reiki and charge for the service...you require insurance. Don't get me wrong, there are still wonderful Reiki practicioners out there that give their Reiki services for free...like us... but am not sure if they have insurance? LFH, you make a really valid point in that why would someone sue over Reiki.

God bless.

I'm not charging though so does it still require insurance.
Old 12-10-2010, 02:08 PM
Virtuality

You can get sued whether you are charging or not... that doesn't matter.

I'd check with your local govt to see what the actual legal requirements are because it will vary based on where you live. You could also ask your teacher, they should know.

Last edited by Virtuality : 12-10-2010 at 02:12 PM.
Old 12-10-2010, 05:48 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfox
Hello to one & all.

God bless.

Hi Silverfox

I understand what you're saying. This is a legal requirement in the UK (insurance IF one charges for the service of Reiki), and as such must be adhered to. I honestly don't know if the US has a similar law, but I have never heard such refered to. In any case, it has never felt right to me to charge for this service, so I would not be in a position where having insurance was necessary.

Thanks for explaining about your lovely avatar. He's beautiful!

I have a step daughter living in your beautiful country and I was privileged to visit at Christmas the year my hubby crossed into spirit. I hope to have an opportunity to go again one day.

Light-filled blessings!
Old 12-10-2010, 05:57 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtuality
You can get sued whether you are charging or not... that doesn't matter.

I'd check with your local govt to see what the actual legal requirements are because it will vary based on where you live. You could also ask your teacher, they should know.

I'm afraid I don't understand...sued for what??

Since the legal system does not recognize Reiki as legitimate in any fashion, what could someone sue for, especially if no money were exchanged and no promises of healing given?? Christian faith healers dupe gullible folks every day with their fake healings and nobody sues them.

It seems like it would be a hard case to win based on the fact that the legal system doesn't believe in Reiki or its ability to effect any change what-so-ever! That being a given, how can they infer someone was harmed by something that doesn't exist? The whole concept seems illogical to me.

I suppose if someone wants to protect themselves from even the POSSIBILITY of ever having to deal with being sued an argument can be made for purchasing the insurance, but I'll stick with what I've done all along and know I am protected by virtue of offering light-filled services free of charge to those in need
Old 12-10-2010, 06:03 PM
Master
This is what is so confusing....
Old 12-10-2010, 06:17 PM
Silverfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightFilledHeart
Hi Silverfox

I understand what you're saying. This is a legal requirement in the UK (insurance IF one charges for the service of Reiki), and as such must be adhered to. I honestly don't know if the US has a similar law, but I have never heard such refered to. In any case, it has never felt right to me to charge for this service, so I would not be in a position where having insurance was necessary.

Thanks for explaining about your lovely avatar. He's beautiful!

I have a step daughter living in your beautiful country and I was privileged to visit at Christmas the year my hubby crossed into spirit. I hope to have an opportunity to go again one day.

Light-filled blessings!

Hi there Light Filled Heart,

Thanks for the update, wonder what the Insurance set up is in Europe..anyone help out here please ??

LFH, glad you like my Silverfox, like Dream Angel said...its the eyes.

So glad you had the opportunity to visit Beautiful Scotland. I prefer the Westside myself...checkout undiscovered scotland for a deep flavoured guided tour.

Stay safe, walk with the Angels.

Silverfox